Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

and so it appears to be occurring again..teams are constanlty evolving their line-ups..bringing in new guys at expense of current ones to better their squad...as we stand pat with the same old "we like our guys"...and "he has worked hard in practice"..."we aren't interested in him (Mathews)

This is the reason that I don't think this management group has the stones to get over the hump...blind loyalty and "liking" a guy only goes so far...and I agree with what Leggett said last year...we need a couple grade A assbags on the team who play to win and don't give a flying @##$ what people think on how they do it...we have a more than capable locker room to manage and maintain it...time for coaches and management to stop being a bunch of ******* and be old school football men...infuriates me to no end

I remember saying pretty much the same stuff and got roasted and tossed for it. 😎

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

and so it appears to be occurring again..teams are constanlty evolving their line-ups..bringing in new guys at expense of current ones to better their squad...as we stand pat with the same old "we like our guys"...and "he has worked hard in practice"..."we aren't interested in him (Mathews)

This is the reason that I don't think this management group has the stones to get over the hump...blind loyalty and "liking" a guy only goes so far...and I agree with what Leggett said last year...we need a couple grade A assbags on the team who play to win and don't give a flying @##$ what people think on how they do it...we have a more than capable locker room to manage and maintain it...time for coaches and management to stop being a bunch of ******* and be old school football men...infuriates me to no end

I can't help but agree with your statement. However from the Board on down I doubt they (The Board, The Bomber Management Group) have the stones to do what is necessary to bring that forward. I think we will just go through year over year of maybe 500 ball with an occasional one and done playoff appearance .

11 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I don't think Dave Ritchie ever worried about hurting people's feelings.... we had great success under him.  Didn't win a Grey Cup, but always had competitive no BS football teams!

Dave was a real football guy until he got saddled with the penny pinching of Taman/Bauer, that took him down. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Awe is only there because Elimimian is 6 gamed... no?

You really think Chris Matthews would come back here?  I'm all for replacing Lankford... but I mean who do you suggest?  Carter?

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Troy Stoudemire would be an intriguing PR swipe right now...  would free us from Lankford as returner...

And seriously - bring Denmark back...  easy solution - huge improvement over Lankford...  already knows Nichols and the system

Umm except last I checked returning punts is Kevin Fogg's duty.  Now ... Maybe we go out and get McDuffie back here to return kicks which would get RL the boot.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Ironically, you have described the type of player that O'Shea was.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

20 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yeah was going to add that in my post...but didn't want to say disparaging things (tho not really disparaging things really) about Oshea...

I know /recall him as a player and he played as mean and nasty as there was on close to being on the line..if not over the line at times...and didn't give a crap about it or feel he had to answer for it...or apologize...it's exactly what we need on the defensive side of the ball...we have that on offence somewhat but where and how it occurs is always evident to the untrained eyes

Edited by Booch

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Awe is only there because Elimimian is 6 gamed... no?

You really think Chris Matthews would come back here?  I'm all for replacing Lankford... but I mean who do you suggest?  Carter?

Awe is there because he is an upgrade all around...and cause of it..Knapton got the pink slip today..thats what aggressive no holds barred GM's do..and what our guys don't seem to have the knads to do

And who knows about Mathews...We said we were not interested in going that direction..so most likely didn't ask...no..pretty certain we didn't ask...and wouldn't shock me to see him materialize somewhere up here..and probably right burn us in a game we need to win

1 hour ago, trueBlue83 said:

I don't think Dave Ritchie ever worried about hurting people's feelings.... we had great success under him.  Didn't win a Grey Cup, but always had competitive no BS football teams!

Imo, ritchie was the ultimate players coach. us against the world. I have no doubt towards the love he had for his guys. Not every one was his guy, but a lot of the long term vets were. No doubt he cut guys he liked eventually after they passed their prime. But cutting guys isnt the easiest thing for any coach. Even if you dont like a guy as a person or as a player it tends to stick with you after.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Imo, ritchie was the ultimate players coach. us against the world. I have no doubt towards the love he had for his guys. Not every one was his guy, but a lot of the long term vets were. No doubt he cut guys he liked eventually after they passed their prime. But cutting guys isnt the easiest thing for any coach. Even if you dont like a guy as a person or as a player it tends to stick with you after.

Yeah if we're criticizing  Osh for being too loyal...  Dave Ritchie is not the guy to compare him too - maybe the only guy MORE loyal to his players than Osh...

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Umm except last I checked returning punts is Kevin Fogg's duty.  Now ... Maybe we go out and get McDuffie back here to return kicks which would get RL the boot.

Stoudemire is a very good KR

Edited by Floyd

Completely off topic but does anyone feel like 3downnation is “missing” something without the comments section ? 

A lot of it was useless reading but it sure kept me on the site for longer stints of time. What’s the word on that is it gone for good ?

3 hours ago, CodyT said:

Completely off topic but does anyone feel like 3downnation is “missing” something without the comments section ?

A lot of it was useless reading but it sure kept me on the site for longer stints of time. What’s the word on that is it gone for good ?

There were a lot of extreme comments and I guess the mods got tired of refereeing.

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There were a lot of extreme comments and I guess the mods got tired of refereeing.

I did notice that. It would so be interesting to see if they could add more of a forum themed part to their website. Signed up users that could be moderated easier