CFL Awards on Thursday

Jacquie

here's hoping they get the respect they are due.  they earned the awards and I'm not trying to be a homer here.. both were paramount to our success and both were amazing in their respective positions..  I can't see Harris losing as he was off the charts this season and Bryant was a wall all year long, helping give Nichols tons of time and minimal pressure off the edge.

Deserved all around...some may say that Dickenson got robbed, but what Trestman did coming in late...no say in a lot of player recruitment prior to him being there and not "his" guys and implementing a whole new system and culture over a course of season has to be recognized.

CFL I think too dropped ball on not televising this...been great exposure and promotion for the league

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Deserved all around...some may say that Dickenson got robbed, but what Trestman did coming in late...no say in a lot of player recruitment prior to him being there and not "his" guys and implementing a whole new system and culture over a course of season has to be recognized.

CFL I think too dropped ball on not televising this...been great exposure and promotion for the league

I'm sure there was an Auston Matthews' retrospective that they needed to air instead.

Edited by JCon
Typo

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Mike Reilly wears that hat, and they still give him the MOP award?

I think Reilly is just trying to settle the Edmonton nickname brouhaha. Welcome to the Edmonton Chimney Sweepers...

Wonder if there are still people on MBB who think Willy is better then Reilly. That was a fun debate for all of 2 games and those were pre-season.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup. It's a great event and a heckuva after party. Good memories of Vancouver in '12 when I presented the Most Outstanding Canadian trophy to Jerome Messam. Ironic that I'll be rooting against him from the nation's other capitol this weekend.