Should The Bombers Give WR Greg Carr A Call To Return To Winnipeg?

USABomberfan

Should The Bombers Give WR Greg Carr A Call To Return To Winnipeg?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Try To Lure Greg Carr Back?

Lure him back to do what? Pour Lapo his coffee? Help Brad Fotty make sure the balls are inflated correctly?

I fail to see what a 32yr old WR who has been out of the CFL for 4 (might as well be 5) years now.

He also bailed on the team over a pocket change. Not exactly an O'Shea kinda guy!

Yes he was a good WR at the time. But after he bailed he never really played anything of significance after that.

In the last few years they have been able to bring in Adams and Thorpe. I am confident they can find a younger, cheaper and more productive American WR then Carr.

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

If we're going to be digging up zombies like Carr, I'd give Aaron Kelly a call before Carr. Younger and less removed from the game.

I'd be open to that too.  I mean, call the thread ridiculous if you want, but we got junk at WR outside of Dressler and Adams, and Denmark ... idk what's up there but he's completely MIA.

Kelly, Carr, we gotta start getting guys who can run routes and catch worth a damn and throw out the duds like Lankford, Washington and ... fill in the blank for anyone else not doing their job.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎30 at 8:14 PM, Eternal optimist said:

If we're going to be digging up zombies like Carr, I'd give Aaron Kelly a call before Carr. Younger and less removed from the game.

Kelly's all of six months younger. And he hasn't played in a football game since 2014. Carr, OTOH, has continued to play football, in the AFL.

One thing they both have in common: neither are worth a look right now, if ever again.

Edited by blue_gold_84
date correction

26 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I'd be open to that too.  I mean, call the thread ridiculous if you want, but we got junk at WR outside of Dressler and Adams, and Denmark ... idk what's up there but he's completely MIA.

Kelly, Carr, we gotta start getting guys who can run routes and catch worth a damn and throw out the duds like Lankford, Washington and ... fill in the blank for anyone else not doing their job.

We once called Adams "Junk" and then he caught on and has been gold minus the injury bug. Maybe lets see what guys like Givens and Coates can do with more time? Besides. They wont bring anyone in now so you might as well get used to what we have.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Joe Poplawski and Rick House - get em back out on that field.   Is Mike Holmes still alive?  Eugene Goodlow?

Wow! That comment triggered me :). With apologies to the Milt Stegal era - this group - Poplawski, House, Goodlow, and Holmes were the greatest group of receivers we ever had on the field at one time.  Two outstanding Canadians in House and Poplawski and two amazing Americans. Goodlow only played here 2 years but I think his talent level equalled that of Stegall.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

This thread is ridiculous. 

59 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why not bring in Al Bundy as a running back while we are at it?

Anyone who scores 4 touchdowns in 1 game is surely too talented for the CFL, Bundy would be waiting for NFL offers long before he even considered coming up north. 

He does wear #33 tho guess if it was a toss up between Harris or Bundy... Touchdown Bundy it is!

16 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

given our needs I propose the following signings;

Burt "Paul Crewe" Reynolds - QB

Jamie "Willie Beamen" Foxx - QB 2

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - LB

Casper "Johnny Rico" Van Dien - WR

We might go a little over the cap but the gate draw will have us selling out every game keeping us in the black!

What about the legendary Shane Falco?