Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

Personality sells... NHL for example instead of focusing on Crosby or Mcdavid or Matthews who basically have no personality and are just robotic in their mannerisms should promote guys like Burns or Subban or even Patrik Laine.. They all have personality.. They could sell the game.. The stars tho.. The "faces of the game" dont and cant cuz while they might be great players... They are boring. CFL needs more Reillys and guys of that nature who show individuality instead of being robots... 

Personality sells. Promote the guys with it and you will sell more tix and merch. 

6 hours ago, Zontar said:

Guy was reportedly described as a cancer. Quit practice early on Wed. You can only be patient and understanding so much until it is YOU that is irresponsible for tolerating it.

Yeah but why throw the guy under the bus publicly? Smells like deflection to me.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Cutting Drew Willy certainly seemed short-sighted.  I know he has his flaws but.... couldn't Trestman have helped him?

Wasn't it you who said Drew Willy will be back in the CFL? If so, I thought you were right then and it sure looks like it could happen now. Problem is, he may have made commitments elsewhere.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Yeah but why throw the guy under the bus publicly? Smells like deflection to me.

why not throw the trash under the bus?  let the rest of the league know what kind of scuzz he truly is?  why keep that a secret?

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

Wasn't it you who said Drew Willy will be back in the CFL? If so, I thought you were right then and it sure looks like it could happen now. Problem is, he may have made commitments elsewhere.

Yeah...commitments as Motreals number 3 guy

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Yes it was me, I am very, very smart.  He is committed elsewhere though.  As Darian Durant's backup's backup.

looks like Lulay is out and Jennings in for sundays tilt between the lions and riders.  The bigger news however is Burnham may be out with a foot injury

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/burnham-still-recovering-from-practice-injury-1.828172

I guess its a good thing Williams is healthy again,  guess they will just run what they did earlier in the early with Williams in for Burnham this time but that['s still a pretty big loss if he's out.

11 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yes it was me, I am very, very smart.  He is committed elsewhere though.  As Darian Durant's backup's backup.

Oh that's right. Reunited with Durant. I wish him all the best and hope he comes back a better QB for all he's been through.

19 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Sure it did, but the Argos couldn't have been naive enough to believe Ricky Ray would stay healthy in the long term. If any team needs a decent back up, it's Toronto.

You should trade them Nichols to be their backup

20 hours ago, J5V said:

Local reporter did that.

Austin said he wants guys who want to be a part of the team. It was in response to fans/media wondering why a starter on defense was let go.

Sounds like the guy is a piece of work. Austin's response was quite reasonable and restrained in comparison

34 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Local reporter did that.

Austin said he wants guys who want to be a part of the team. It was in response to fans/media wondering why a starter on defense was let go.

Sounds like the guy is a piece of work. Austin's response was quite reasonable and restrained in comparison

Austin brought him in so it was his poor decision in the first place. Kent is done this year, I don't see how he can still have a job after the mess he has going there. Cats are getting worse every year he is there.  Not sure what Kent can do for a encore to top this year

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

He can hire Chris Jones as DC next year. That ought to fix everything...

I have a feeling that Chris will be available. But Chris won't want to work for DC money when he can sit on the couch for grand poubah money the riders will still be paying him