CFL Power Rankings Week 14

mgoodpaster

9 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

It's very likely that the Riders...yes the Riders, will finish 3rd in the West this year and thus will come into Winnipeg for that western semi-final playoff game. But here's hoping we can still finish first! 

Very likely? We're assuming that neither Edmonton nor BC pulls out of their skid here, and let's be honest, the Riders looked awfully ordinary in the Banjo Bowl, just because they bounced back and beat Masoli and the ti-cats doesn't suddenly make them a great team. Lots to be decided still. 

Just now, Noeller said:

People really REALLY jumping the gun on the Riders....I'm not convinced they don't finish dead last....

yea I mean beating us made people take notice but beating the ti-cats really shouldn't have change opinions imo..  they are the free bingo spot of the league this season..

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Very likely? We're assuming that neither Edmonton nor BC pulls out of their skid here, and let's be honest, the Riders looked awfully ordinary in the Banjo Bowl, just because they bounced back and beat Masoli and the ti-cats doesn't suddenly make them a great team. Lots to be decided still. 

I actually think the Riders looked worse in their win against Ham than they did in their loss against us... Ham was just so bad there was no denying them the loss that night... it was borderline inspirational! 

It's just far to early to even start pencilling in the Bombers as a top 2 team in the west and therefore the league. So much season left and yeah some teams are streaking the wrong way now, but if they stop that streak and start a winning streak all of a sudden things look entirely different. Too close right now. 

The Riders have a chance to knock off the Stamps this weekend and, gulp, that is what Bombers fans should probably hope for.  The Bombers need to keep winning and need Calgary to get beaten a few times. 

Why do I feel I need to take a shower now?

Edited by MC

8 hours ago, MC said:

The Riders have a chance to knock off the Stamps this weekend and, gulp, that is what Bombers fans should probably hope for.  The Bombers need to keep winning and need Calgary to get beaten a few times. 

Why do I feel I need to take a shower now?

I dislike both teams intensely, but at this juncture I absolutely refuse to posit that the Riders winning is the lesser of two evils.  

Besides, the angel on my shoulder tells me the best outcome is for Bo Levi Mitchell to recognize that the Riders "are discovering what kind of team they are" and that he's going to "continue showing them that" ?

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's just far to early to even start pencilling in the Bombers as a top 2 team in the west and therefore the league. So much season left and yeah some teams are streaking the wrong way now, but if they stop that streak and start a winning streak all of a sudden things look entirely different. Too close right now. 

That's the whole point/fun of the power rankings... who is playing the best right now... maybe by week 20, the Bombers are 3rd or 4th... but it's pretty hard to argue they aren't #2 right now...