Als @ Leos

USABomberfan

I'll tell ya ... that Montreal team is just one big dud.  I certainly understand the need to move on from Popp after he got a bit stale, but Reed and company really seem to have no clue what they're doing with this personnel and are looking at one big hot mess that's starting to fall even below Hamilton's level.

I wonder ... is Mr. Robert Wetenhall just simply too old to be running the team, or is it more his son whose to blame for some of this goofy stuff in the front office?

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

You can add garbage defensive coordinator to that list as well. He was here "coaching" some horrible defenses not too long ago. For a guy with such a poor track record, it amazes me that he keeps getting hired.  Never mind hired, promoted lol! He's been mediocre at best seemingly everywhere he's gone.

This is why I just wonder what the Ws were thinking making him GM.  I mean tanking the Esks and getting kicked out of there, and then made GM here?  I have never in my life seen that.  

Now I don't know if Reed alone ruled that Durant had to come there as well as Willy.  If Chap was asking for em, then he too will have blame in it, but I'll tell ya ... Kavis seems utterly uninterested in even exploring other options at QB.

I say the Als should force Durant into retirement at the end of this year or shortly after.  I mean they have proven receivers between E Jackson, Big Nik, Cunningham, and Underwood and DD has lost his accuracy.  You'd figure just get them so much as a Danny O'Brien and they'd be making big plays.  But Durant is not Hank Burris and Reed should not have a job next year.

They laid 41 points on a good Montreal defense. Yikes we're in tough being in the West, especially with our D. I sure hope Hall, O'Shea, and Walters do *something* to change our D into a championship calibre one because if we keep seeing what we've seen so far, we're in for a world of hurt.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Chicken Little. :unsure:

25 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The Als defence is not as great people make it out to be. The have been tourched in a lot of games this years. Played well in a couple.

Als D are pretty good but when their offense can't move the ball every game  & they're out there for 3/4 of the game they can't help to give up points. If the Bombers had their defense we'd be in first place in the West. 

5 hours ago, J5V said:

They laid 41 points on a good Montreal defense. Yikes we're in tough being in the West, especially with our D. I sure hope Hall, O'Shea, and Walters do *something* to change our D into a championship calibre one because if we keep seeing what we've seen so far, we're in for a world of hurt.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Chicken Little. :unsure:

Hardly chicken little, unless that nutjob pjrocksmb is over here too.  I think most people here are in 100% agreement that the D must improve if we're going to get the Grey Cup, and it better do so fast because I don't want to squander the best opportunity we might have in years to do it.  Unfortunately I'm afraid bringing Richie Hall here was the biggest mistake we made in trying to get there.

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wow, Maas just lost his mind, Austin would be shocked.  Excellent game between the Esks. and Stamps, no thread.

I have not seen anything like that before.

went on for thirty seconds throwing thngs around, destroying probably a five hundred dollar piece of gear.

great leader.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lost a challenge, so took off his headset and smashed it. Screamed and yelled and ranted and raved. I get it, but that's not how you lead. 

Funniest thing is he lost his hat at some point in the process and his ears were vibrating, the video of that freak out is going to go viral and be preserved for eternity.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:14 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Funniest thing is he lost his hat at some point in the process and his ears were vibrating, the video of that freak out is going to go viral and be preserved for eternity.

and he didn't float away?  hows that possible lol.