Ridirts @ Eskos

Going to be a big one here.  It's kind of a win-win either way you look at it for us.  If SSK wins, we share 1st place in the west  .... well depending on what happens in Sat night in Calgary.  But if the Esks win, at least the Riders fall a bit further behind and will have a tougher time getting back in the division race.

Esks still fighting through injuries but they are one resilient team.  Going to be a good one.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Eskimos are also getting some players back tonight, including Zylstra and Sewell.

Should be interesting to see who takes this one.

I think that guy may be the biggest return.  I mean, not that Marshall would gash em anyway considering he's not Harris, but his return certainly means the Riders run game will have a more difficult time.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Eskimos are also getting some players back tonight, including Zylstra and Sewell.

Should be interesting to see who takes this one.

Id be very surprised if Sewell is at 100% the way he was injured 2 weeks ago.  It'll be interesting seeing him go up against Derek Dennis who's now playing inside at G.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Esks, with their current roster, aren't very good. Riders just aren't very good, period. Not sure who I'm cheering for in this one...hoping they can somehow both lose. As long as both teams look like ****, I'll be happy....

Tell that to the Lions and the Argos whom the Riders dominated.

Tonight is a big test for the Riders getting a road win against a western division team, they gotta be more consistent.

Edited by Mosaic

1 minute ago, Mosaic said:

Id be very surprised if Sewell is at 100% the way he was injured 2 weeks ago.  It'll be interesting seeing him go up against Derek Dennis who's now playing inside at G.

Not really. Derek Dennis has had a pretty lousy 2017 season so far.

Just now, Mosaic said:

You mean the same Lions team who dominated your Stubble-jumpers a week previous...?

Take off the homer goggles.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Not really. Derek Dennis has had a pretty lousy 2017 season so far.

You mean the same Lions team who dominated your Stubble-jumpers a week previous...?

Take off the homer goggles.

Dennis was struggling at T for whatever reason.  Last week at OG he dominated Brooks (whom IMO is top 3 DT's in the league).  Case in point the Marshall TD from the 1yard line where he pancaked Brooks who was injured on the play.

And yes the Riders did lose big against the Lions the week previous, good teams rebound after tough losses and win big.  That's what the Riders did.

Edited by Mosaic

11 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Tonight is a big test for the Riders getting a road win against a western division team, they gotta be more consistent.

A. The Argos, like the Riders are nothing special. So no points there.     B. Riders did trounce the Lions, no doubt. But that was after losing by 15 to them the week before.   Back-to-backs aren't really indicative of your team's overall play,  IMO. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

A. The Argos, like the Riders are nothing special. So no points there.     B. Riders did trounce the Lions, no doubt. But that was after losing by 15 to them the week before.   Back-to-backs aren't really indicative of your team's overall play,  IMO. 

Like it or not the Argos are the first place team in the league and have the leagues leading passer at QB.  Don't discredit the Riders dominant win over them because I don't discredit your win over them.

18 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

You beat the Argos? Well start the tractors! And you beat the Lions one out of two games.

And the Riders have been extremely consistent on the road against west teams. They lose every time.

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Aug.5/17:  BC 30 Riders 15

Score after 3:   22-0 BC

Yardage:  BC 547  Riders 349

Possession: BC 38 mins Riders 22 mins

And turnovers were even, so that wasn't a decider.... they just plain took you guys to the cleaners. 

2 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Like it or not the Argos are the first place team in the league and have the leagues leading passer at QB.  Don't discredit the Riders dominant win over them because I don't discredit your win over them.

I'm simply not giving the Riders a gold star for beating a team that beat them the very week earlier.    

And we didn't beat BC - so you're off there, too. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Aug.5/17:  BC 30 Riders 15

Score after 3:   22-0 BC

Yardage:  BC 547  Riders 349

Possession: BC 38 mins Riders 22 mins

And turnovers were even, so that wasn't a decider.... they just plain took you guys to the cleaners. 

Who's disagreeing with that?  Fact is the Riders have the point differential over the Lions.

18 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Dennis was struggling at T for whatever reason.  Last week at OG he dominated Brooks (whom IMO is top 3 DT's in the league).  Case in point the Marshall TD from the 1yard line where he pancaked Brooks who was injured on the play.

And yes the Riders did lose big against the Lions the week previous, good teams rebound after tough losses and win big.  That's what the Riders did.

One game does not a season make, be it for a player or a team. Full marks to the Riders on their big win two weeks ago but your claim they're a good team because of that one win is absurd.

Like I said, take off the homer goggles. Or just get lost altogether.

45 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I've never seen a more obnoxious fan base of a team that's 3-4. You would think they were 9-0 the way Rider fans talk about their team. 

Your right on. My dickless brother in law and his ugly wife are a couple of them. They recently each wore a ssk polo to a family wedding. His wife had mustard on hers, even at the church. By half way through dinner, she had gravy and salad dressing splattered, as well. Left it all there all night. Topics of conversation with them are limited to pizza, riders, Chinese food, new stadium, their love of Trudeau, Wal Mart deals, and darian durant. That's it. No range. No intelligence. You mention travel, they mention rider wear in Phoenix. Mention a business topic, they mention how successful the fans have made franchise. Guess what they buy each other for Christmas? Yup! Their house looks like the inside of a rider merch outlet. Picture frames with the kids but the frame is S, as in the logo. The vehicle has floor mats, seat covers from Greenland also. They mention Trudeau, and accuse you of being a racist because you disagree. 

They are the complete example of no ability to have a conversation. 

Bye the way, I love the comment "start the tractors"! lmao

Edited by Rod Black