Ridirts @ Eskos

The 2017 esks remind me of the 2011 bombers. Started off on fire and everyone knew the team would fall back to earth at the half way mark and they did. 

Thankfully the 2017 Bombers don't give me that feeling

Edited by Judd

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hugh O'Neil... Blocked punt, blocked convert & a KO out of bounds. Hot garbage. 

He's certainly making Hajrallahu look a lot more like Paul McAllum with this.

But damn ... Maas just seems to have his guys ill-prepared in general tonight.

From my eyes Saskatchewan IS better prepared than the Eskis, and playing at a better pace. Of course, many subs for the Eskis might have something to do with it. That and the worst K/P performance this year doesn't help. Oh, yeah, and  Mike Reilly flinging the ball anywhere but...

Tough first half for the home team... and I don't see it changing much.

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

From my eyes Saskatchewan IS better prepared than the Eskis, and playing at a better pace. Of course, many subs for the Eskis might have something to do with it. That and the worst K/P performance this year doesn't help. Oh, yeah, and  Mike Reilly flinging the ball anywhere but...

Reilly's looked like **** the last couple weeks.  No consistency, relying on chuck and duck, pure luck.  When it doesn't get answered they have no consistent way to move the ball.  He's not very accurate midrange.

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Comparatively, Sask is playing a better game against the Esks than the Bombers did. Murphy has assembled a very talented team there, as he has done wherever he has been stationed - he is a big reason why Calgary is as good as they are.

One could argue that although they are less experienced Sask has a much superior defense to the Bombers as they do not really have any players playing who are known big liabilities in terms of talent level. They have done a good job of continually finding the best players and putting them on the field, rather than settling for players that are not as good but "known commodities".

Bombers offence is going to have their hands full with this defense next week. On the flip side Glenn and Marshall could really tear up that soft Bomber D. I hope not, but you have to respect the fact that Sask is really tearing up an Edm team that has more of its players back than when Bombers played them.

I agree Saskatchewan is playing better than the start of the year. No doubt. As to Edmonton, I don't compare one team having played two different teams and making a comparison. Edmonton was/is a house of cards, and we are seeing them collapse. As close as our game against the Eskis seemed, we really did dominate them. 

As to Saskatchewan, well play them how we'll play them, and I hope it's well. I'll not underestimate either team.