Ridirts @ Eskos

Game next week just got bigger.  Love it when rivalry games aren't just grudge matches, it's pretty rare that both the Blue and the Green have something to lose coming into the LDC.

Previous good-looking Bomber teams (2011, 2014) have fallen apart after a Labour Day loss.

31 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Bombers will cough up the ball or Nichols will be taken off the field in a stretcher if Riders get that much pressure on the QB next game.

This will be the biggest test of the year for the Bomber OLine.

Riders are  for real. They are extremely good and extremely deep at all positions in their defense.

In a few years if they stay together that may become one of the best defenses of all time in the CFL.

Our OL is much ,much better than the Eskimos. Nichols won't face the same pressure. 

12 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Riders just played their quota of good games, back to sucking next week ... BTW ... this is NEW Mosaic where we are currently 1 - 0, not the old dump!

Yup.  You are 1-0. No need to worry,  should be a easy win for you guys. Gutless riders.    You are coming into hells kitchen, see you there

23 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Yup.  You are 1-0. No need to worry,  should be a easy win for you guys. Gutless riders.    You are coming into hells kitchen, see you there

Odd veiled threat...

I will certainly be on the lookout for dare  devil.... and i swear, if Gordon Ramsay starts sassing me I'm gonna tell him to **** right off. 

Anyways,  congrats on the win. That wad a dominate defensive display, I'm happy that your gang took full advantage of our softening them up and giving you the blue print on defeating them - you're welcome. 

The edmonton reliance on throwing the ball up for grabs downfield bit em in the ass in that game for sure. Bombers don't play that way and they protect the ball so much better. These two games for the riders vs. BC and Edmonton are against teams with suspect OLs and qbs that love to go downfield all the time, they feasted by making plays on the ball, but I don't see that happening vs. winnipeg. I mean anything can happen on Labour Day so there's always a chance of a loss, I mean Rocky Butler won on Labour Day, but I ain't even worried. Bombers are a better team than the Riders are. 

Our dbs squeeze some passes or don't take penalties and Reilly has nearly as bad a night last week as he did this week. Edmonton was smoke and mirrors and everyone knew that. 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

while regina (that's right, regina, I save capitalization for real cities like Tuscaloosa) may qualify as hell, a hot plate does not qualify as a kitchen, if ya catch my drift.

Edited by ediger

"This is our house" - Mike Reilly

Looks like you'll need a new security firm Mike, because not only did the Riders invade your house...they had a party and trashed your rumpus room, kitchen and all your living space.

Thats the first time I've seen Reilly play scared. The Riders threw a defence at Edmonton that they had no answer for and Reilly paid the price, over and over. Talk about throwing the ball up for grabs. 

That's two weeks in a row the Eskimos looked underwhelming, and the scores would have been more evened out had the Eskimos donated the ball to us as much as they did last night. 

But take nothing away from the Riders because they were focused and they took advantage of every miscue, and there were lots. 

That's the worst game I've seen Reilly play in a long time. A bunch of overthrows. Some under throws.  A few throws into double coverage. Yah, he was running for his life a lot of the time, but he's done that before and still looked great. 

The Riders just beat Edmonton in all 4 quarters, in a way we didn't just one week before. Make no mistake, this was a beat down and they did the same thing to BC 2 weeks ago. They did it much the way we won most games last year... Takeaways.  

When I looked at the schedule at the beginning of the year, I saw the back to back games against the Riders as free spots on the bingo card. Now they are looking more like statement games. Should be a couple of great games.

We didn't hang 50 on the Esks, but I still feel we damaged a lot of morale on their defense because Harris and Flanders were out muscling them, punishing them and breaking tackles.  As many said, at some point you just felt the big river was going to bust the dam they were holding with all those injuries, and it looks like it happened, and unfortunately the Riders were the beneficiaries last night.

Having said that, I'm glad the west is no longer simply a 1-province (Alberta) domination holding.  We now can battle the one right next to us for a slice of the pie and get it.

I don't think we win both against SSK these next two weeks, but if we take one I'd say we're in good shape.

Edited by USABomberfan

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/terry-jones-eskimos-pick-wrong-time-to-fall-on-their-faces

Just read Terry Jones' comments in the Edmonton Journal. As much as I despise the Priders, there's no way that you can't give them some props for the win.

Terry Jones doesn't.

Softening Sasky's win for me is the knowledge that Jones and the rest of the City of Chumps just got kicked in the teeth.

I forgot how much I've always detested the Eskies, because of my dislike for the Gappers.

It's good to regain that perspective.

We'll find out next game if the riders are for real or just took advantage of a IR squad masquerading as a 7 and 2 club....Riley should have pulled the pin early and let Franklin have a shot...Esks. looked totally in disarray and I believe the injury situation has finally taken it's toll...Message to riders...we don't have that many injuries.;)

Let them run their mouths all they want. Bombers play a different style of football then the rest of west. Not a chance in hell Nichols puts the ball up for grabs like jennings/reilly. And no shot Harris doesnt get the ball for almost an entire Q. Ssk defence better get their laps in. They'll be on the field for a while in the coming weeks.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Let them run their mouths all they want. Bombers play a different style of football then the rest of west. Not a chance in hell Nichols puts the ball up for grabs like jennings/reilly. And no shot Harris doesnt get the ball for almoat an entire Q. Ssk defence netyer get their laps in. They'll be on the field for a while in the coming weeks.

This x 1000. Duck and Chuck cuz their olines so crappy the QBs have no time vs more ball control less predictable bombers.