Tiger-Cats @ Argonauts

Zontar

After all of those years of watching SJ Green do that to us with literally no ability to stop it, holy crap is it nice to do that back to someone else.

Going into this game I had exactly zero idea of what I was going to see. Could've literally been anything and I wouldn't have been surprised. But of all of the possible outcomes, I'd have rated "go out there and win all phases of the game and look stylish on the way to a lopsided win" as the least likely.

To be sure: Hamilton was a mess. Could've been a week 1 thing... could've been that they didn't get the team built in the offseason and have deficiencies ... could've been that the Argos are a cut above and make them look bad (wouldn't have considered that a possibility before yesterday, but it's up for discussion now).

Better competition on Friday. We'll see how she goes.

As far as amount of weapons and quality of defense I thought Toronto looks to have great potential.  I'm with Mike on the Ticats looking like garbage, though.  At the end of the day it was the first week.  It is really hard to determine the power rankings.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Well maybe.....but that might be considered a wildly optimistic prediction of the outcome.  On many of those passes Ray threw up, the poor Hammy DB's had no earthly possibility of preventing their completion.  When a receiver like S.J. Green goes up 10 ft. in the air to bring down balls with one hand that you can not even touch, it's fair to say it's going to be an extra-long workday.  The Bombers best strategy is to instill a fear of Loffler breaking their rib cage mid-flight if they go vertical.

it's just one game, but that offensive performance, including Ray, sheds a bit of light on the "who made who: Calvillo or Trestman" debate.

Popp knows where to look for receivers. Cause (TD drops notwithstanding) they all looked pretty good.

And talk about spreading it around. Hope our offence looks as crisp and inventive as that one looked.

Poor Hamilton D had no idea what was happening next.

Ray looks vulnerable to a hit. got up very slowly.

Edited by Mark F

In watching a bit of a replay on the game, its either really, really bad coaching or they just do not have the horses. Reinbold may not be a great head coach, but I do believe that he's not that bad. If its the players, we ought to see a big shuffling of the roster.

Somethings changed in Hamilton and it's hard to pin-point exactly what it is but it could be $$ related.  3-4 years ago they had a wealth of Natl. and All-Star talent lined up to play on both their O and D lines and they were snagging prime F.A.'s.  The last two seasons it looks like they've been shopping in the bargain basement for left-over meat products.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

His injury record is Buck Pierce-like the last few years.  17 games to go still. By Labor Day we could all be wondering why he didn't retire.

One reason he might not want to retire just yet is giving up a job that pays $400,000+ per season for the salary and excitement of a Frito-Lay delivery driver.

From the very get go Ricky Ray has had about the nicest touch on the ball in the league. He can just drop it where ever he wants it to go, things fall apart for him like they do for most qbs when he's rushed and getting hit, if you got Ray on your team though build a line that can protect him above all else and he'll make his receivers look good just by dropping the ball right into their hands. 

22 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

His injury record is Buck Pierce-like the last few years. 19 games to go still. By Labor Day we could all be wondering why he didn't retire.

FTFY ;)

no... I'm not quite planning the parade route yet...

If you saw the game yesterday, between the Ticats and the Argos, you saw what Zach Collaros is really like when you don't have 

a) decent blocking and b.) a proper OC, you know, like the Bombers were like not too long ago. So, ask yourselves, would he really have been better here, with the lineup we were putting out in the past?

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

If you saw the game yesterday, between the Ticats and the Argos, you saw what Zach Collaros is really like when you don't have 

a) decent blocking and b.) a proper OC, you know, like the Bombers were like not too long ago. So, ask yourselves, would he really have been better here, with the lineup we were putting out in the past?

The previous lineup was definitely "putting out" because they were getting screwed every second play.