Kyle Walters

Mr. Perfect

Once again twelve yards .... You should have more then that in even your first ever start.... if this happens again he should be pulled regardless of the lead or not.

I expect that he should be getting at least 225-250 yards on average per game...

even when there were 2 passes that blatantly are dropped by receivers that would get you first downs and allow you another series to get yardage in addition to the yards those passes would have added on to the totals? This isn't just on the qb. when you have 12 yards passing safe to say it's a collective pants shitting. 

2 dropped passes does not a half make! When you lock onto your favorite QB at the moment, you really lock on!

Actually 2 dropped passes can make huge differences in time.  You drop a pass on 2nd and whatever, and your drive stops, you have to punt.  The pass is caught and that drive could have lasted another 5 minutes of playing time (if they can keep the drive alive).  The same can be said for a missed throw.

This is correct. Factors like dropped passes, blown coverage by the defense, and YAC can make a huge difference to a QBs stats, but have little to do with their performance. I can remember at least 2 instances from the TO/montreal game that padded Collaros' stats. One was a short pass, where the TO receiver got huge YAC with a great open field run. The other was a blown coverage by Montreal that left a TO receiver wide open for a long touchdown pass, a pass that collaros actually threw poorly, and he had to make a great catch over his wrong shoulder. So the actual game matters not just the stats. Having said that, these variables tend to even out somewhat over time, most QBs stats reflect a few dropped passes during the course of a game, and the concern about Goltz's first half yardage occurs in the context of low passing yards in his previous games also. The Kohlert drop would not have led to a first down and would have added about 7 yards to Goltz's total, the Edwards drop about another 7, plus whatever they pick up on their next series. 

How do we get how awful stats in one half? Follow the bouncing ball...it's quite easy to see.

1st quarter

1st play of the game is a completion for a 1st down, but wait, an offside takes that away. Then a running play, then a good play by the DB for an int. 

Sask. has the ball for the next 5 minutes and kick a FG.

Then Will Ford has the nerve to take away more Wpg. possession time with that kickoff return TD.

Sask has the ball for 3 more mins. We get an int and poss. for a 1 min before Edwards drops that catch. Result ...punt

Sask has the ball the rest of the quarter.

Total possession time for Wpg.....less than 2 mins.

2nd quarter 

After Sask FG we get the ball for a minute and a half before Kohlert drops a first down catch

We punt, then hold Sask and they punt, whereby JJ is stripped of the ball. 

Result no possession. Sask FG

We get the ball...1 yard run, then a sack...punt 1 min poss.

Trade punts Poss. Wpg....less than a min.

Wpg. poss  2 runs, then punt.

We punt, get a fumble, one sack, one incomplete pass.   Wpg FG

Sask uses up 2 min and get a FG.

Total poss time Wpg.....just over 5 and a half minutes

Poss first half....under 8 minutes

And another reason why stats don't always tell the whole story.

How do we get how awful stats in one half? Follow the bouncing ball...it's quite easy to see.

1st quarter

1st play of the game is a completion for a 1st down, but wait, an offside takes that away. Then a running play, then a good play by the DB for an int. 

Then Will Ford has the nerve to take away more Wpg. possession time with that kickoff return TD.

Sask has the ball for 3 more mins. We get an int and poss. for a 1 min before Edwards drops that catch. Result ...punt

2nd quarter 

After Sask FG we get the ball for a minute and a half before Kohlert drops a first down catch

I don't mean to criticize your efforts, but showing us that Goltz managed 12 passing yards on what I count in your description as 7 offensive possessions isn't exactly a good argument.

1st quarter

2nd quarter 

Neither did you B) . A pretty one-sided re-telling.

I don't mean to criticize your efforts, but showing us that Goltz managed 12 passing yards on what I count in your description as 7 offensive possessions isn't exactly a good argument.

The only "fact" is he  had 12 yards passing at halftime.

There is no argument to be made here.

You can interpret the information given any way you choose, that's why it's there.

It's just that when posters just submit 12 yards in the 1st half as the whole story, without context, it's irritating.

Neither did you B) . A pretty one-sided re-telling.

Which side did you want me to tell it from? B)

I think the main thing to take away is the context. I mean if a qb puts the ball in a catchable spot and the receiver drops it ending the possession is it entirely fair to just say "not enough yards passing"? If a possession ends cause the running game gets stuffed is it fair to only use the number of passing yards? 12 passing yards is not a good stat, but it's gotta be examined within the context of the game. 

I don't think we should be running with Goltz anymore. Id like to see Hall as 1 and Goltz as 2 for now, when Levi Brown is ready, Id like to see him as number 2, and one of Goltz or Boltus as number 3.

Goltz has lost all of my confidence in him at this point.

why? what has he ever done to make you think he's better than Goltz? What has Hall done for that matter? Or is this simply a case of "I don't like this guy cause he's not an allstar so maybe one of the other guys is an allstar"? 

We had a blow up already a day or so ago & we fixed it ourselves. Don't need overmodding like Shankman.

God, dont even get me started on that clown.  He "chased" me from the other board.  I barely even go there now, let alone post.

Is he called Shankman because he likes to stab people in the back?

We had a blow up already a day or so ago & we fixed it ourselves. Don't need overmodding like Shankman.

God, dont even get me started on that clown.  He "chased" me from the other board.  I barely even go there now, let alone post.

Is he called Shankman because he likes to stab people in the back?

"This has gone way off the tracks now. We need to stay on topic. Warnings for everyone."

- Shankman

Just read that and it's really interesting about Walters and the high school football but it sure would be nice if reporters could get their facts straight. 

There is, of course, also a football upside to all this outreach -- and it's name is Andrew Harris. The star tailback was born, raised and learned to play football in Winnipeg and yet Harris plays for the B.C. Lions because they recognized in him a talent as a B.C. junior football player that the Bombers never saw in him when he was playing here right under their noses.

Harris is a Lion because he was a territorial exemption. It's not like the Bombers could have forced him to play for the Rifles. 

With Walters now on the ground at the game's grassroots -- refereeing high school games, scouting junior games, meeting with the Bisons -- the hope is the next Andrew Harris won't slip between the Bombers' fingers

Well my nephew plays center for the St. Vital Mustangs so hopefully Kyle notices him.  We could use some depth at center.  I know he's only 11 right now, but if they 9 game him for 12 years I expect he'll learn the CFL game in good time.

Just read that and it's really interesting about Walters and the high school football but it sure would be nice if reporters could get their facts straight. 

There is, of course, also a football upside to all this outreach -- and it's name is Andrew Harris. The star tailback was born, raised and learned to play football in Winnipeg and yet Harris plays for the B.C. Lions because they recognized in him a talent as a B.C. junior football player that the Bombers never saw in him when he was playing here right under their noses.

Harris is a Lion because he was a territorial exemption. It's not like the Bombers could have forced him to play for the Rifles. 

No.  But the organization's involvement in all levels of football here in Manitoba might help direct players to programs within the province.  That interest and involvement can go a long way to improving grassroots football.  It can eventually help funnel local products to the Bombers.