Kyle Walters

Mr. Perfect

Was anything said about next week's starter?  Golts got the win but didnt look good.

My thought is, Hall started the 2nd Hamilton game because they wanted to see more, but he got hurt. Has Goltz done anything the past 2 weeks to say he is better than Hall, or deserves more of a look? I don't believe that he has.

He's more mobile.  That's it.  If anything, he (Goltz) needs to use his legs more. 

Which is why Goltz should only be a change of pace QB much how Hamilton uses their 2nd stringer. I don't mind if we have a Goltz package that we use a couple times a game, but Goltz throwing 20-30 times a game is not a winning recipe, more often than not.

What ever you think of Goltz he needs to here long term. Just for the fact that he maybe the best quarterback I have seen inside the 5 yard line. Its automatic once in that area that we are walking away with 6.

I think we should give him a chance but that's a bit of a stretch don't you think?  I mean, how many times have we actually made it inside the 5...?  Twice in the last two games?  You don't think teams are going to pick up on the play-action/QB run play fairly soon...?

What ever you think of Goltz he needs to here long term. Just for the fact that he maybe the best quarterback I have seen inside the 5 yard line. Its automatic once in that area that we are walking away with 6.

I think we should give him a chance but that's a bit of a stretch don't you think?  I mean, how many times have we actually made it inside the 5...?  Twice in the last two games?  You don't think teams are going to pick up on the play-action/QB run play fairly soon...?

We've been doing it since game one and teams still haven't figured out how to stop it.

Was anything said about next week's starter?  Golts got the win but didnt look good.

My thought is, Hall started the 2nd Hamilton game because they wanted to see more, but he got hurt. Has Goltz done anything the past 2 weeks to say he is better than Hall, or deserves more of a look? I don't believe that he has.

What potential does Hall have though?  I think you can work with Goltz to possibly become a passer, because he can make all the throws, and he's a threat with the read option.  Hall is going to have the entire defence sitting on the LOS daring him to make throws, his arm isn't great, and we won't be able to run the ball.  I don't think Hall has much potential and he limits the offence.

At some point, maybe. But Goltz leads the league in rushing touchdowns, and he's VERY good at pulling the ball out of the running backs gut. Best I've seen since Burris. He fools the cameramen on a regular basis. I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was around as a Lefevour type where we have a set package for him as a change of pace QB who is our clear cut backup.

I say give Walters a nice title and promotion... Let him learn under Higgins for the next three to five years and then promote him to gm.... also hire Dickinson as hc in the off season

Not sure why anyone would want to be Bomber HC until they have a QB.  Otherwise it's just a kamikaze mission. 

What potential does Hall have though?  I think you can work with Goltz to possibly become a passer, because he can make all the throws, and he's a threat with the read option.  Hall is going to have the entire defence sitting on the LOS daring him to make throws, his arm isn't great, and we won't be able to run the ball.  I don't think Hall has much potential and he limits the offence.

Ray doesn't have a great arm and can barely run either, what is your point? I'm not saying Hall will be Ray, but a QB's best weapon BY FAR is his brain, and Hall has shown to be miles ahead of Goltz when it comes to actually reading a defense.

I think this week is really a tough decision for Burke.  I think we can speculate that Burke (and maybe Marcel) are not high on Goltz.  They prefer Hall.  But Goltz won (even if it was in spite of him).  The fans are going to equate winning with talent.  If Burke goes with Hall this week and it blows up in his face, the fans are going to be extra hard on him, even if, all things considered, Hall is the better option.

Lets put it this way, if the Bombers narrowly lose the game with all the same stats, who starts?  if its Hall, make a case for why Goltz starts just becase D & special Teams bailed him out of a poor game.

It wouldn't bother me to switch QBs if that's what the coaches see and want to do.

We are now in the position to play our QBs as we see fit and to evaluate.

In the past we would play Buck simply because it was mistakingly thought it would give us the best chance to win. Thank gawd, we're past that.

I want to see now, how our QBs are assessed and if they can show enough to earn an invite for next year.

This is why it should be Goltz. His ability to move around adds another dimension to the offense. The rest of the offense is not good enough or consistent enough to have to win it entirely with a quarterbacks arm, at least Goltz gives us the option of making something happen with his legs if we need it. 

This is why it should be Goltz. His ability to move around adds another dimension to the offense. The rest of the offense is not good enough or consistent enough to have to win it entirely with a quarterbacks arm, at least Goltz gives us the option of making something happen with his legs if we need it. 

But if Goltz can't pass then in the long run his legs won't help us. Otherwise teams would just put a running back  at qb & go from there if it was just about running from that position. The more I watch Goltz the more apparent it is he can't read defenses & make the right decisions when passing. The Rider MLB kept overrunning the play at IGF which is why Goltz had the room he had to run yesterday. Don't expect that to happen every game. Eventually teams will take away Goltz's running ability on first & 10 or second & long the longer he plays & runs the ball himself. Then he'll have to try to win the game with his arm which is what defenses will want him to do.

But if Goltz can't pass then in the long run his legs won't help us. Otherwise teams would just put a running back  at qb & go from there if it was just about running from that position. The more I watch Goltz the more apparent it is he can't read defenses & make the right decisions when passing. The Rider MLB kept overrunning the play at IGF which is why Goltz had the room he had to run yesterday. Don't expect that to happen every game. Eventually teams will take away Goltz's running ability on first & 10 or second & long the longer he plays & runs the ball himself. Then he'll have to try to win the game with his arm which is what defenses will want him to do.

really? You think he's bad at reading defenses? I don't see that, I don't see a lot of bad decisions passing the ball out of him. Maybe it doesn't always work but that has a lot to do with some of the other issues on the team. I can think specifically of a ball that went straight through Edwards hands at a first down marker, I can think of a ball that bounced off Kohlerts chest close to a first down marker...  I think his limitations as a passer are somewhat overblown by some people. I think the overall package that Goltz brings is superior to Hall right now simply because opposing teams have to defend more aspects. No matter who goes in the passing game we have won't beat anyone, Goltz legs might open things up enough though to scratch out a win.

Goltz worries me in that he is a good athlete that needs to show progress as a QB. Teams will start to spy him to contain his ability to run. At some point he needs to show true ability as a passer.

As to obtaining another QB at this point it would seem unlikely before the end of the season. Other teams will want to keep there depth due to the high injure rate at the QB spot. Hence BCtrading for Pierce and giving up a guy they have given up on.

There was some chatter on twitter about rubbing the noses in it of the people who were demanding a QB switch at half time yesterday.  I cant say that keeping Goltz is why we won.  He threw up a couple of prayers and they were answered.  That wont happen often.

Ultimately, any evaluation of our QB depth (including Buck up until yesterday) will be hampered by our terrible O Line.  If Goltz had a couple seconds more to consider his options, would he make better plays?