Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

oh yeah?  Name a few?? :)

I would go to regina on a day OTHER then labour day. I would go a full day with out teasing the rider fans i know. I would listen to some one carry on about how great kenton kieth / corey holmes was and just nod. I would walk by the ticat fans truck that used to park by the stadium on game day and not think about trying to tip it over. I would forgive Ed philion. I would admit that brandon dyson was just as bad. Oh the things i would do...

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'll always be a Suber fan for the impact he had on my son. Got a chance to thank him and shake his hand last year when he was signing autographs (I think it was with Hefney and Kent) in the tailgate area. You could tell he had mad love for the city, as much as the fans had for him. Glad to hear he was putting in a good word for our organization even if his connection to Okpalaugo was due to their time spent in toronto

Was that at the home opener vs. Montreal?  Pretty sure all three of those guys walked past me on the sidelines before the game.

Count cornerback Chris Randle among the many vets who have had a good first week of work. And O’Shea has noticed.

"(Randle) is a great role model for a lot of the younger guys, just watching his reps & how meticulous he is."

? | ow.ly/ZTsn30cj7p0

Blue Bombers-

IF Hurl were to start, it gives the Bombers an option to start another American elsewhere – possibly in the receiving corps, backfield or along the defensive line.

All that said, this battle is really just getting started with two preseason games and a bye in Week 1 still ahead before the 2017 campaign begins.

Chris Walby

Just thinking that I love what Bombers have put together. Lots of continuity and coaches who know how to win. Excited - June 10th start. ?

That’s starting to creep out right now,” said Heath with a grin. “Big Hoss (defensive back coach Tony Missick) is starting to keep track of how many interceptions we have in practice. So the talk is starting. The thing about it is Moe hasn’t been practising for a few days. But he’s still chirping from the sidelines. It’s Moe being Moe.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/03/training-camp-day-7-memorable/

John Rush

High and tight! The ball is the most important thing on the field!? Protect it at all costs ? #noexcuses #fortheW

?‍?An un-Friesen Friesen article:

?‍?CAMP QUOTES-

You don't tell him to take it down one notch. You tell him at the end of that play, what did you do?” O'Shea said. “I'm just trying to develop that healthy respect for their teammates.”

"You've heard the term 'gamer.' We want to find who those guys are.”

One of the biggest confusions in all of practice is when a guy's going 80% and you're going 100%,” Corney said. “Or a guy's kind of angry at one play and you're trying to practise your technique. There's always times when guys are on different levels.

Some players push the boundaries.

O-lineman Sukh Chungh, known for a nasty attitude in games, too, has put a few people on the ground in camp.

Chungh says it's better for everyone if they're all going at 100 percent.

“At the end of the day they are our teammates and we do have that in the back of our minds,” Chungh said. “But we go pretty hard. We all know it's just competition. And if everyone's playing at 100%, there's less risk of injury.”

"I'm probably a straight-to-the-throat type guy."  - Don't get @MattNichols16 seeing red. You've been warned.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/06/04/rule-of-thump-for-bombers-at-camp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedrinse%2FqzIJ+(Bombers+Channel)

On 2017-6-2 at 1:45 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just another sign of a society in rapid decline.

tumblr_n8s0586Vre1tuf6e9o4_500.jpg

My wife crochets when a tv show or a basketball game gets too intense. She crocheted all the way through Dexter when we watched it. So the knitting might be releasing tension like fidgeting. Or like the "ladies" pictured above a handy excuse for carrying weapons. 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fwiw, looks like Darvin Adams injured again....not sure how serious, but won't play in Sask on the weekend.

Aww, dammit. <_<

Any idea what happened?

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I hope he play excellent this weekend.

Sacks of Poop dropping in Saskatchewan. ?

Good thing McCallum doesn't live there anymore.

7 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not too concerned about PS game 1, as that usually is played by hopefuls and backs ups. As long as Adams is good to go for PS2 then all is well

I think the team is actually toying with the idea of having some starters play on Saturday, so they can get a feel for the new stadium... Given that we start the regular season there.

7 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think the team is actually toying with the idea of having some starters play on Saturday, so they can get a feel for the new stadium... Given that we start the regular season there.

not sure if I like that idea too much, game two has always been the warm up game for the starters heading into the season. most, if not all our starters will be present at the game on sat so they should still get a feel for the atmosphere there regardless of if they are on the field or along the sidelines.

Then again embarrassing the riders in their own back yard is always great and should put a halt to any parades scheduled

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nichols and Medlock want to play to get used to the field. I'm good with it.

Both positions, it seems, rely on rhythm, so it makes sense that they get some reps and get used to the new sightlines and feel for the stadium.

31 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not sure if I like that idea too much, game two has always been the warm up game for the starters heading into the season. most, if not all our starters will be present at the game on sat so they should still get a feel for the atmosphere there regardless of if they are on the field or along the sidelines.

Then again embarrassing the riders in their own back yard is always great and should put a halt to any parades scheduled

If they do play, I'm sure it won't be more than a series or two just to get a feel for the conditions. We still have to evaluate what we have behind Nichols and they should be getting the majority of reps in the first game. Plus, it would be nice to see what Menard-Briere can do and if he is possibly the heir to the throne for Medlock.

Either way, it's about damn time we play football again.

6 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

If they do play, I'm sure it won't be more than a series or two just to get a feel for the conditions. We still have to evaluate what we have behind Nichols and they should be getting the majority of reps in the first game. Plus, it would be nice to see what Menard-Briere can do and if he is possibly the heir to the throne for Medlock.

Either way, it's about damn time we play football again.

It was funny watching Menard-Briere on Sunday. Medlock was kicking 60 yarders and Menard-Briere was warming up for 35 yarders, he saw Medlock start kicking and promptly moved back. I don't think he had the leg for 60, but he was pushing 50 for sure.

He also nailed a few HUGE punts. Had a few ugly ones too, though.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

It was funny watching Menard-Briere on Sunday. Medlock was kicking 60 yarders and Menard-Briere was warming up for 35 yarders, he saw Medlock start kicking and promptly moved back. I don't think he had the leg for 60, but he was pushing 50 for sure.

He also nailed a few HUGE punts. Had a few ugly ones too, though.

Got time...if he can use this camp to be even better in CIS this year, then see what he looks like in TC 2018, so much the better....