CFL Draft

Floyd

Just now, wbbfan said:

agree with all of that. its easy to slip between the cracks when you arent playing. If he isnt eligible for bengals (i have no idea that status) he really needs to play a full season of junior or go to the arena league or some thing. 

As a player, id take him right now with the first over all if possible. 

I wouldn't. Not ready.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wouldn't. Not ready.

ready isnt a big barrier for entry to the cfl. A ton of guys are about to get picked who arent ready, and even who dont have a great chance at becoming ready. Talent, athleticism and size hes once in a generation type imop. (for the cfl draft) You bring in a ton of kids, you have to hope that your coaching staff and team can help bring out the best in him. Which we have the team and coaching staff for imop. Id rather bet on our team to help a guy with all the talent mature, then hope they can some how divine talent into a character type. That is how i am though.

Faith who we are rumored to take has had questions of commitment n such as well interestingly. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

ready isnt a big barrier for entry to the cfl. A ton of guys are about to get picked who arent ready, and even who dont have a great chance at becoming ready. Talent, athleticism and size hes once in a generation type imop. (for the cfl draft) You bring in a ton of kids, you have to hope that your coaching staff and team can help bring out the best in him. Which we have the team and coaching staff for imop. Id rather bet on our team to help a guy with all the talent mature, then hope they can some how divine talent into a character type. That is how i am though.

Faith who we are rumored to take has had questions of commitment n such as well interestingly. 

Biggest difference between them is the level of play. Faith Ekakitie has played at a much higher level the past 4 years than Simonise has. Better coaching & much, much tougher competition. Simonise played against 18 & 19 year old corners in CIS & junior. Faith has played against NFL ready offensive linemen.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I want to live in a world where on November 3rd., I'm watching the game against Calgary and be secure in the knowledge that the Stamps will have to go to the pass because they know in advance that Messam will not be able to run against our Dline.

amen.

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Biggest difference between them is the level of play. Faith Ekakitie has played at a much higher level the past 4 years than Simonise has. Better coaching & much, much tougher competition. Simonise played against 18 & 19 year old corners in CIS & junior. Faith has played against NFL ready offensive linemen.

He did, but he really only played one year. Competition doesnt impact much when you warm the bench. 

I'm liking the Ekakitie pick more and more...  reading about all the crap that guy has gone through in the states, I think he'd be pretty excited about a long career in Winnipeg... 

Still prefer Bladek first overall - but he has been out of football for a year plus... and if Judge develops as a linebacker the way everyone hopes - he'll ditch for the NFL at his first chance

1 hour ago, nate007 said:

Since TSN is raving over his testing numbers, let's compare #2 this year, and the guy we gave up #2 last year to get:

Pro day results:

Waggoner: 6’0”, 224, 4.56 forty 1.53 ten), 39.5 vert, 25 bench, 10’02 broad

Judge: 6’0”, 220, 4.55 forty (1.59 ten), 36.5 vert, 19 bench, 10’11 broad

judges best 40 was 4.49 and his best vert was 42"

Happy with the pics so far......Guess we had to grab Grey at 8 or we wouldn't have a shot at his rights....Says a little something about the quality of the draft....O linemen that used to be a premium...not making the top rungs...There was one super o lineman and we have his CFL rights...OKAY....Spooner is no slouch ...just wish Wiley was still here to get the best out of this guy...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Walters completely wasted a pick on Gray at 8 and is still making out like a demon in this draft.... amazing.

he loves potential guys. Real gamble picks. if any of these guys hit we get a starter quality.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

he loves potential guys. Real gamble picks. if any of these guys hit we get a starter quality.

IF things don't work out in Green Bay ....we're laughing all the way to the bank in this draft..........still would've liked us to go Danny V ...but that would've had to have been no 1 and we weren't going there..Wally ain't no fool

Edited by Stickem