CFL Draft

Floyd

Every year, couple of players that get hyped up like nobody's business, then the draft starts and nobody has interest in them.  50-some picks in and Johnny Augustine still isn't a first round pick.  Or second, third, fourth or fifth.  Herdman won't make it out of the first round...

It's nice the bloggers give us something to talk about, but take them seriously at your own risk.

3 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Every year, couple of players that get hyped up like nobody's business, then the draft starts and nobody has interest in them.  50-some picks in and Johnny Augustine still isn't a first round pick.  Or second, third, fourth or fifth.  Herdman won't make it out of the first round...

It's nice the bloggers give us something to talk about, but take them seriously at your own risk.

Gotta be something about Augustine that I'm missing. He has all the physical tools and performed head and shoulders above all the other rb/fb. He owned the lbs on pass protection drills.

4 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Gotta be something about Augustine that I'm missing. He has all the physical tools and performed head and shoulders above all the other rb/fb. He owned the lbs on pass protection drills.

He's just not a good fit as a pro football player.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Ekakitie, Gray, Spooner, Conteh - this is a crazy haul in one draft... 

My only question is... How do you not draft Jordan Herdman at 59?

by not wanting him probably. like the 58 time prior he was passed on. 

I like marouf late. thera likes to block maybe he has teams potential. Its an up side kind of draft. 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Just to recap... we drafted...

the best DT

the best OL

the best CFL-ready OL

the best DB

the best K/P

Best dt? in the top tier for ones available, not decidedly better tho. best not available? no. best ol available? also no. Best db? no. We probably drafted the most guys who could start in the cfl if they reach their potential.