I'm just going to say it again

Mike

I'm 6'6, so the fitted stuff Reebok puts out is usually too short for me, and they don't make tall sizes for jerseys.  Jerseys used to be oversized wide and long, which meant I'd wear a shirt under it otherwise it felt like wearing a bed sheet, and could wear a jersey over a parka.  No chance of getting one of those current jerseys over a parka, it wears more like a t-shirt.  They make a lot of clothes for short fat people, but not much for taller people who aren't sticks.

I've never found jerseys to be too short, I'm 6'4 myself and they're one of the few items out there that aren't ridiculously short without being twice as wide as it needed to be. I've never wanted to get a jersey over a parka so maybe I'm just ok with it fitting more like a tshirt than something big enough to wear as an outer layer. 

God damn giants.

I actually like the jersey to be flowing around the midsection area.  It makes for a much grander effect when I twirl upon entering a room.

LOL...ok you win the laugh of the day contest for that one.

I prefer mine more fitted as well as some of the others.  Unfortunately every time someone (aka my wife) buys me a jersey (birthday gift), she always listens to the cashier and buys it oversized.  Bleh.

Little bit off topic, but it really doesn't take much to stay in shape.

My main pet peeve as someone who visits the gym 5x a week is this "fat acceptance" movement that has hit society lately.

yes!!!!!!!! I hate fat acceptance. I get that everyone is built a certain way. I'm built like a boxer or a long distance runner and I'm just never going to play tight end or fullback. So I understand how some husky person isn't going to be healthy trying to stave themselves into nice abs but that doesn't give them an excuse to sit on the couch or stuff their face into hypertension and diabetes and make excuses about genetics. i don't feel like I should feel bad about the fact that I don't want to date a size 10 because "size 10 is normal now"

They are heavier and don't breath as well as the old jerseys. Also the sleeves are really long.

Yeah that's the other thing.  Aside from all of the weird fat hate going on in this thread, I find the new jersey to be extremely sweat inducing, so much so that I had to take mine off at the game on the 16th, it was so humid and hot out and I felt like I was sitting in a sauna.  Of course the game kind of nauseated me as well.  My old jersey is bigger, more comfortable and breathes quite well.  I'm with JBR - I like the bigger roomier jersey.  So there are two ways to look at it here - you can say to a very large customer base (pun intended) "screw you loser, go to the gym" (I go pretty much every day, but that's not going to shrink my bone structure) or you can accommodate your customers and give them what they are asking for.  You can guess which companies are successful out there - the ones who listen to their customers.

I'm fullback-shaped, 5'10" with super wide shoulders.  An XL Bomber jersey fits like a speed skating jersey on me.  An XXL looks like a dress.

Can't complain, though, because women have it even worse .... all those curves that add up into a single 'size' and then different clothes companies size things differently.  My wife is 5'9" and has a hell of a time finding clothing that fits.

Game jersies have gotten tighter and tighter over the past few years. Noe most lineman need assistance to get their's on. I remember talking to Coach Harris (God rest his soul) about this a few years ago. He was that back when he played the jersies were all loose fitting, but now they a super tight to prevent the holding, and to help keep the pads snug.

Any body else remember the tear away jersies of the late 1970's? Those things could really slow down a game.

Jeffrey posted this at TEP:

some quick updates on these jerseys

1. it's a 3rd not a retro and not meant to be like the 80's but designed off of
2. were fuming about the sleeve issue, working to fix it and won't wear them again until they have been replaced - Oct or probably Nov if i had to guess
3. Player jersey is different material and in this shade is darker - your not going to get an exact match from on-field to retail in this shade - this is how it was presented to us from the vendor  - only choice was not at retail - wasn't goind down that road
4. we as you really like these and will look at ways to wear them more often, just need to ensure vendor can fix the sleeve issue as they are not made domestically anymore

Jeffrey posted this at TEP:

some quick updates on these jerseys

1. it's a 3rd not a retro and not meant to be like the 80's but designed off of
2. were fuming about the sleeve issue, working to fix it and won't wear them again until they have been replaced - Oct or probably Nov if i had to guess
3. Player jersey is different material and in this shade is darker - your not going to get an exact match from on-field to retail in this shade - this is how it was presented to us from the vendor  - only choice was not at retail - wasn't goind down that road
4. we as you really like these and will look at ways to wear them more often, just need to ensure vendor can fix the sleeve issue as they are not made domestically anymore

Too bad it'll take that long to  fix the sleeves.  Also too bad he didn't say the Bombers were working on making them the permanent home jerseys with whites for the road.

the way to wear them more often was to get them designed like that when they were doing all the jerseys before.... it's not some revolutionary discovery that the fans prefer the royal blue look, they knew that after the last round of retros, why on earth they didn't take that design when they did the jerseys I have no clue. 

At this point, I don't care what shade of blue they use. I don't care what piping the jersey has, or what shoulder flares they want to add. Just please, please, for the love of God, please do not add a tramp stamp to our jerseys. That's all I ask.

I'm afraid to ask this because it sounds like I should know but what are you talking about?

At this point, I don't care what shade of blue they use. I don't care what piping the jersey has, or what shoulder flares they want to add. Just please, please, for the love of God, please do not add a tramp stamp to our jerseys. That's all I ask.

I'm afraid to ask this because it sounds like I should know but what are you talking about?

I think the Riders Jersey has one

Reebok is so clueless. I wish the CFL didn't have to hoare itself out to them & let the teams design & take care of their jerseys as in the past. The Bomber jersey design we love so much wasn't a Reebok or Nike creation... It was originally done in the late 60's & tweaked slightly with neck & arm striping occasionally after that into the 90's.

I'm in town for the Bomber game so I went to the Bomber store yesterday to try on a new third jersey. The best fitting was a 3XL!!!! A 3XL??? I'm an XL to 2XL depending on the cut of clothes I buy for a shirt. The sales lady admited the jersey sizes are smaller than the others in the store. Certainly smaller than my Dieter Brock 70's jersey I'll be wearing to the game today.

I am not skinny, I am not fat, although my BMI would probably put me at slightly overweight. I just wanted to pipe in and say that without fat football fans, this and every other football team, would have a pretty hard time filling the seats. We can sit here and grouse about how irresponsible these people are for eating nachos and dogs at every game but instead I will give them all a great big kudos for taking the time and money to come out and eat substandard food watching a substandard club.

I would have thought that a football forum could find a little more love for a guy who is over 300 lbs. Even the quinoa and steamed chicken crowd here would be po'ed if we signed a 250 lb lineman.

I'm in town for the Bomber game so I went to the Bomber store yesterday to try on a new third jersey. The best fitting was a 3XL!!!! A 3XL??? I'm an XL to 2XL depending on the cut of clothes I buy for a shirt. The sales lady admited the jersey sizes are smaller than the others in the store. Certainly smaller than my Dieter Brock 70's jersey I'll be wearing to the game today.

Wear that Brock jersey with pride and don't forget to numb the pain you will witness tonight with a raft of beers and nachos. Some of us will give you a silent thumbs up as we tuck tail and eat and drink the crap our wives make us as they try to turn us into the men they think we should be.

Wear that Brock jersey with pride and don't forget to numb the pain you will witness tonight with a raft of beers and nachos. Some of us will give you a silent thumbs up as we tuck tail and eat and drink the crap our wives make us as they try to turn us into the men they think we should be.

Yeah, just don't drink so much that you throw up on the street after the game like that loser did in front of me after the banjo bowl.  Like...seriously.

FYI...my wife makes good meals.  Her parents are both from Italy.  You can come to our house and eat...we'll feed you.  ;)

I am not skinny, I am not fat, although my BMI would probably put me at slightly overweight. I just wanted to pipe in and say that without fat football fans, this and every other football team, would have a pretty hard time filling the seats. We can sit here and grouse about how irresponsible these people are for eating nachos and dogs at every game but instead I will give them all a great big kudos for taking the time and money to come out and eat substandard food watching a substandard club.

I would have thought that a football forum could find a little more love for a guy who is over 300 lbs. Even the quinoa and steamed chicken crowd here would be po'ed if we signed a 250 lb lineman.

Bitter much?

I'm 230 lbs & don't consider myself fat. Could lose 20 lbs or so... That's about it. But I agree with you on the weight thing. And the fact that Reebok is now making tight jerseys for fans is completely stupid. When I have to fit into a 3XL jersey, it just remnds me of how much I hate Reebok.