Canadian Politics

The notion Ford is some extreme ideologue is a joke.

During the campaign he matched voter goodie for goodie with the two leftists.  Only difference being is Ford's is called "populism" by establishment media who then calls  expanded tax payer funded programs "progressive".

Leftists in the provincial Liberals like the current federals lurched Ontario so far to the left something as innocuous as Fords plan is seen as a dramatic change.

No doubt milquetoast Scheer will get similar treatment.

52 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Very interesting.  Even across political lines, that is very very wide consensus.

JT could use this to his advantage.  He's such a weak empty suit that if he can successfully repair his image as a leader standing up for Canada against the big bad bully down south, he will gain more support.  If it back-fires though and a trade war hurts Canada, it's the opening the Cons need to win the next election.

Trump is a shark who smells weakness and JT reeks of it. Trump doesn't respect him and will continue to treat him like a *****. Look at the leaders Trump admires, Putin, KJU, strong men you can't push around. JT better either grow a sack or put someone in charge of trade that Trump will respect or it's economic hard times ahead for this country. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Trump is a shark who smells weakness and JT reeks of it. Trump doesn't respect him and will continue to treat him like a *****. Look at the leaders Trump admires, Putin, KJU, strong men you can't push around. JT better either grow a sack or put someone in charge of trade that Trump will respect or it's economic hard times ahead for this country. 

Circle gets the square.

Its not Trump vs Canada,

Its not USA vs Canada.

Its Trump vs yet another globalist, open borderer.

Park the ideology , Prime Minister Kayak and the image you and your handlers were so desperate to cultivate and maintain and make deal good for Canada, not for special interests or the "world"

Or you WILL be run over, again.

Edited by Zontar

Yes, strong men who are not afraid.  Trump would really like to be one of the club - without any pesky independent judicial or law enforcement entities, or even a free press to hinder him.  If Stalin was alive, Trump would wax poetic,about what a great guy he was. 

Watching more people, these days....falling into some form of Fuehrer-worship, makes me reach for my gin.

“You know, there’s a level of admiration I actually have for China ….”China? Why China? “Because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime.'” ~ Justin Trudeau

How quickly we forget, you lefties need to go back under the rocks you crawled out from. 

12 minutes ago, pigseye said:

“You know, there’s a level of admiration I actually have for China ….”China? Why China? “Because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime.'” ~ Justin Trudeau

How quickly we forget, you lefties need to go back under the rocks you crawled out from. 

Here's the full quote and context:

Here is the full answer Trudeau gave to the question put to him four years ago, in November 2013,  at a “Justin Unplugged” event.  It was the event organizer,  Amanda Alvaro, a public relations professional and frequent Liberal pundit on political talk shows, who asked him: ““Which nation, besides Canada, which nation’s administration do you most admire, and why?”

He answered:  “You know, there’s a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say ‘we need to go green fastest…we need to start investing in solar.’ I mean there is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he can do everything he wanted that I find quite interesting.

“But if I were to reach out and say which … which kind of administration I most admire, I think there’s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run. Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other. And I think we need a little more of that.”

Seems like more of an argument against our current parliamentary system than going full Mao Zedong.  Not one of his better responses, granted.  

18 hours ago, pigseye said:

I'm old school. No trade with the Commies.

On 2018-06-15 at 12:23 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm old school. No trade with the Commies.

Never mind trade, they are the most vile offenders of human rights on the planet and our Turd PM admires their basic dictatorship, what a complete ******* moron,

On 2018-06-14 at 8:45 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WTF? what's with the whataboutism, selective quoting and Ad hominem attacks? Jeebus... try harder and form a ******* argument. 

With China you don't even need to try,

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/china-and-tibet

Why would you even attempt to defend the PM on this. China should never be held up as a shining example of anything, they are a brutal regime devoid of any human decency.

22 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Never mind trade, they are the most vile offenders of human rights on the planet and our Turd PM admires their basic dictatorship, what a complete ******* moron,

With China you don't even need to try,

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/china-and-tibet

Why would you even attempt to defend the PM on this. China should never be held up as a shining example of anything, they are a brutal regime devoid of any human decency.

They make things. 

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎13 at 3:13 PM, pigseye said:

Trump is a bully who hangs out with other bullies. The all have nuclear weapons. Is that supposed to be impressive? Uh uh.