Canadian Politics

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-election-vote-ford-horwath-wynne-pc-ndp-liberal-green-1.4696736

Led by Doug Ford, Ontario's Progressive Conservatives have secured a majority government, CBC News projects, ending nearly 15 years of Liberal power in the province.

Buoyed by Ford — a one-term Toronto city councillor and businessman — the PCs ran a populist campaign, promising a tax cut for the middle class and corporations and a drastic reduction in the price of hydro and gasoline.

Pleased but only mildly optimistic . From what I  understand 15 years of left of centre spending and the poisoning of the system that comes with it is nearly impossible to fix over even two terms of dedicated fiscal sanity.

Scrapping the assinine provincial carbon tax and hopefully forming a united front against another one  from Ottawa might be the most profound legacy.

58 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Wondered who would be the first to post this.
Can't say I'm surprised.

Its been circulating for months at least. Not surprisingly main stream medium has kept it nicely buried

No shortage of vengeful, panicky tweets from the lunatic left and their media fellow travellers. " I fear for my kids, gay friends, immigrants , conservatives are racist and evil etc" Virtually identical to the anti trump hysteria.

Its like a playbook was sent out " this is how you tweet after we lose an election. Dont skimp on bizarre rhetoric"

Edited by Zontar

53 minutes ago, Zontar said:

No shortage of vengeful, panicky tweets from the lunatic left and their media fellow travellers. " I fear for my kids, gay friends, immigrants , conservatives are racist and evil etc" Virtually identical to the anti trump hysteria.

Its like a playbook was sent out " this is how you tweet after we lose an election. Dont skimp on bizarre rhetoric"

Isnt Trump proving this point?