Activity?

Old Bomber Fan

First and fore most Merry Christmas to all and may you all have a healthy happy 2017!

Regarding the Bombers, perhaps no news is good news but I do get a little edgy when I read about all the other teams in the CFL resigning some of their free agents and not hearing a thing about the Bombers save they have signed their long snapper and some that were on the practice roster last year. I make the assumption that they are hard at work in the back ground but it would certainly ease the concerns if a few of the significant free agents were signed. Not sure your feelings but throwing it out there for others to comment.  

Normally teams are signing players right now using extra cap space from the previous season. It is good roster and cap management.

However, the scuttlebutt this year is that we don't have any extra cap space in order to do that. So, you're right, it's not great news. It's not surprising though. 

28 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I would say Elimimian re-signing would qualify as a big name.

Yeah, yeah... forgot about him. It seems like the Lions and Stamps are the only teams who have re-signed any "big" potential FAs (2 each). 

It's also been reported by numerous members of the media that Bryant and Medlock aren't going anywhere so I wouldn't be surprised if their re-signings are announced shortly into the new year.

18 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Well this is the slowest I have seen our site in a cuple of years ... hope that is a good sign

I wouldn't really say it's a good sign, it just means that overall the fans were generally happy with the 2016 season - made the playoffs, had a winning season and took steps forward in several areas of our game. A lot of activity this time of year would usually only be from disgruntled fans talking about firing so-and-so and mismanagement of the team overall. The Bombers extended O'Shea and Co. so that argument is put to bed and I think most of us are just slightly disappointed at how far away the next home game is at this time of year. I always find January to April to be the longest time of year because of this.