RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If you had a radio show and TSN gig you wouldn't know more than Lawless.  People downplay because he's not an unabashed homer.  When people hear what they dont like, they attack the source.  Lawless is, by far, the most connected sports guy in Manitoba.  Whether he can analyze the minutia of hockey is moot, really. 

If there is major news in Manitoba sports, he's the go-to guy.  And one great thing about him is, if he doesnt have the coverage he will gladly point you to who does.  He's a great asset.  And I couldn't stand him early on.  But there is no denying facts.

Hustler is obviously a big hockey fan but more emotional than Lawless.  Sometimes Hustler changes Lawless' mind but usually what happens is Lawless ends up pushing a perspective Hustler didnt consider because Lawless isnt from here and isnt emotional about the Jets and Bombers.

From listening to them on radio... Hustler seems very opinionated while Lawless seems to be more of a "The experts say this so this is what we should believe".    Completely different types which makes for decent radio. 

Lawless is definitely connected when it comes to the Jets,   not to sure about the Blue Bombers though. 

Lawless used to be more like a Paul Friesen throw crap out and hope to generate talk via controversy or making bold statements.  He's completely changed since the Jets return and seems to be more professional IMO.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

From listening to them on radio... Hustler seems very opinionated while Lawless seems to be more of a "The experts say this so this is what we should believe".    Completely different types which makes for decent radio. 

Lawless is definitely connected when it comes to the Jets,   not to sure about the Blue Bombers though. 

Lawless used to be more like a Paul Friesen throw crap out and hope to generate talk via controversy or making bold statements.  He's completely changed since the Jets return and seems to be more professional IMO.

He's a bigger deal now, better connections.  He probably had better Bombers contacts in the past as he was a football guy.  Came from the Argo's organization.  I believe he is still fairly tight with some at the Bombers. 

I like that Lawless will always give credit when its due and re-tweet other reporters' news.  Seems like a good guy.

44 minutes ago, Atomic said:

When's the last time anyone cared what Adam Wazny had to say?  Used to say he's the biggest loser in Winnipeg sports media but ever since he got booted out of that group, he's just an everyday loser.

He really is a big downer.  I was wondering if he was still in media.  He's very negative and not in a relevant way or even a devil's advocate way.  Just a "get off my lawn" sort of way.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He really is a big downer.  I was wondering if he was still in media.  He's very negative and not in a relevant way or even a devil's advocate way.  Just a "get off my lawn" sort of way.

He got let go from TSN 1290 because it sounded like his dog died everytime he opened his mouth

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

When's the last time anyone cared what Adam Wazny had to say?  Used to say he's the biggest loser in Winnipeg sports media but ever since he got booted out of that group, he's just an everyday loser.

Spot on.

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

I've fairly certain Wazny is Paul Friesen's son.  There's very few people on this planet who hate life as much as they do. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I like Sutter but then again he took a team with Kopitar, Doughty, and Jeff Carter and missed the playoffs....

Yeah and he  has only won a couple of cups.....if it's what have you done for me lately how do you justify resigning Maurice?

Probably should just accept that Chevy will be here as long as he wants 2 and Maurice?  Well.... the schedule and injuries and sub par D play didn't help but... when you look at it... besides the year they made the playoffs... this is the 2nd highest point total they had.  Winning record.  Same wins as Toronto who got in... leafs got to OT more tho and got in via loser points. 

Ppl can be negative all they want but the Jets are a young team... best players are all 24 and under. They have a bright future. 

How can you actually blame Chevy or Maurice? How could they possibly know that Hutch would have been as bad as he was when it mattered. Bottom line... 3 or 4 more wins when it mattered by our somewhat veteran backup and we are in.... and that's not even taking in to account  30 games in 60 days... trouba holdout and myers injury... the most man games lost to injury in the league and a brutal pk and below average goaltending.  I hate saying this cuz I'm all for moving on from Maurice but.... he did a pretty decent job this year when you actually think about it. 

Chevy?  All he's done is draft our best players.  

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Probably should just accept that Chevy will be here as long as he wants 2 and Maurice?  Well.... the schedule and injuries and sub par D play didn't help but... when you look at it... besides the year they made the playoffs... this is the 2nd highest point total they had.  Winning record.  Same wins as Toronto who got in... leafs got to OT more tho and got in via loser points. 

Ppl can be negative all they want but the Jets are a young team... best players are all 24 and under. They have a bright future. 

How can you actually blame Chevy or Maurice? How could they possibly know that Hutch would have been as bad as he was when it mattered. Bottom line... 3 or 4 more wins when it mattered by our somewhat veteran backup and we are in.... and that's not even taking in to account  30 games in 60 days... trouba holdout and myers injury... the most man games lost to injury in the league and a brutal pk and below average goaltending.  I hate saying this cuz I'm all for moving on from Maurice but.... he did a pretty decent job this year when you actually think about it. 

Chevy?  All he's done is draft our best players.  

Well goalie all I gotta say is you have the patience of Job ? Look around the league no other franchises stick with their coach and GM with a record of 1 playoff in 6 years and no playoff wins. Perhaps in our small market we should be content with next year territory? Or just having them back is good enough? Yep I agree Chevy is here to stay but he is lucky it's the Peg...anywhere else he would be out or at least looking over his shoulder.