RethinkIng Paul Maurice....

bb1

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Other then talent at certain positions?

It's not the talent. It's 1 or 2 veterans and it's obvious.  @bustamentesaid it in another thread... the vets are just to casual and cavalier like out there and are slowly pulling the kids that direction also. It's The veteran core of quite frankly, losers who don't know what it takes to win because they never have. 

Buff? He was a passenger on a stacked Chicago team. Now? He's a pilot.  What has wheeler or even little ever won in their careers?  Nothing. That's the problem. Our veterans are LOSERS 

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It's not the talent. It's 1 or 2 veterans and it's obvious.  @bustamentesaid it in another thread... the vets are just to casual and cavalier like out there and are slowly pulling the kids that direction also. It's The veteran core of quite frankly, losers who don't know what it takes to win because they never have. 

Buff? He was a passenger on a stacked Chicago team. Now? He's a pilot.  What has wheeler or even little ever won in their careers?  Nothing. That's the problem. Our veterans are LOSERS 

So if you haven't won a cup, a divisional title you're a loser?

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Google what Olli jokinen said about the players disrespecting and talking back to Noel

Hustler and Lawless just mentioned a game with Noel as coach, (maybe against Columbus) where it was plain that he players were playing to get the coach fired.

some of those guys still here.

enough of that crap.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

Hustler and Lawless just mentioned a game with Noel, (maybe against Columbus) where it was plain the players were playing to get the coach fired.

some of those guys still here.

enough of that crap.

I think they hired Noel because of his repuation of working with young players.  But he didnt have the cache to get into it with entitled millionaire veterans.  Chevy wanted Maurice because, as Maurice said, he could make them f'n cry. 

And its too easy to say get rid of them because its the norm in Sports for players to check out of listening to a coach but I'd be *interested* in any thoughts that players that purposely played poorly or purposely was disrespectful to their coach to get him fired should have been moved out for not being the right type of player.

Also, Noel seemed like a genuinely nice man.  I didnt know him.  But he seemed that.  I hope we dont have a culture of disrespect in our locker room.

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Answering my own question, Capfriendly lists Buff's NMC as a "No Movement Clause" until 18/19 when it becomes a 14 team no-trade list.

So prior to 18/19, Jets would need Buff to agree 100%.

How does he like the Desert?  (Not Dessert)  Maybe Vegas would like to make him the centerpiece of a deal.

Yup, Chevy has tied us to the current group of under-performing veteran malcontents until 18/19, after that is when we find out how the draft and development strategy works out, which is why the coach will get extended.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Maurice has said similar things to this this year.  You can shelter rookies in most other positions on the match-ups you give them and the situations you put them on the ice.  As they learn and prove they can handle things, you can increase the things you ask them to do.  You can't with goalies, they are out there all the time for everyone to see the good and bad.

And this is the genius of Chevy?? He deliberately hung the kid out to dry. For that, Chipman will give him an extension.

Said it awhile ago....Maurice has to go...There's no upside to keeping him here, only more fan discontent ..I hope they have someone else in mind and give Paul the pink slip at the end of the year...It's obvious he's lost the players and another year of b.s. like this last one ,would be disheartening...Time to move on Chevy

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Said it awhile ago....Maurice has to go...There's no upside to keeping him here, only more fan discontent ..I hope they have someone else in mind and give Paul the pink slip at the end of the year...It's obvious he's lost the players and another year of b.s. like this last one ,would be disheartening...Time to move on. Chevy.

Changed it for ya.

Just can't see Maurice getting canned this summer... he'll be here until next xmas at least imo

Myers is a great excuse to fall back on, Trouba holdout, Enstrom situation...  young guys developing - giving them chances to make mistakes...  goalie struggles, Pavs injury...

The list of excuses goes on and on and on...  plus if he's fired now, Jets still have to pay him for another year anyway... no?  TNSE won't do that - maybe half a season but not a full one for nothing.

I'd buy into Injuries, poor goaltending and youth.  But none of that explains the WAY too many games they looked unprepared, undisciplined and uninterested.  Far too many games where the effort was lacking.

Lawless is all over the idea they have a "leadership" issue.  I remember hearing the same under Captain Ladd.  So whats the deal? 

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'd buy into Injuries, poor goaltending and youth.  But none of that explains the WAY too many games they looked unprepared, undisciplined and uninterested.  Far too many games where the effort was lacking.

Lawless is all over the idea they have a "leadership" issue.  I remember hearing the same under Captain Ladd.  So whats the deal? 

Lawless either knows that an extension is already signed... or that its planned...  I think he's covering for TNSE - I mean how many excuses has he run through this season and never really questioned coaching.