US Politics

Rich

53 minutes ago, Rich said:

If you check out the extremes of both parties on Twitter, it is amazing how both sides can watch the same hearings and both draw polar opposite conclusions of what happened, and who is vindicated.

Because nobody cares about the facts.  Both sides were sure they were right before a single word was spoken.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

If you check out the extremes of both parties on Twitter, it is amazing how both sides can watch the same hearings and both draw polar opposite conclusions of what happened, and who is vindicated.

That's the spin cycle, a fact can not be approached in a straight line.

17 hours ago, Rich said:

A guy I know was going nuts on Facebook in support of Trump and how Comey said nothing.  Truly mind boggling how much people will twist themselves into knots to push their agenda.  Anyone who thinks Comey's testimony was a vindication of Trump is disturbed.

Read the Washington Post, and New York Times analysis on Comey's testimony......then went to CNN.....and finally Fox and Breitbart.   

Only way to bridge the gap, would probably be some form of interplanetary travel.....if that.

MAIA!!  Making America Irrational Again.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A guy I know was going nuts on Facebook in support of Trump and how Comey said nothing.  Truly mind boggling how much people will twist themselves into knots to push their agenda.  Anyone who thinks Comey's testimony was a vindication of Trump is disturbed.

My strong advice....  either remove him as a friend or at least select the setting where it hides all posts from the guy on your feed.    It will make your Facebook experience so much better.    

I did this after the election to many friends with strong opinions... now my Facebook feed is a positive experience with mostly pictures of people with their families,  recipes,  or my favorite...  my divorced lady friends posting daily pictures of them at the gym trying to make their ex's jealous of the now much better they look post divorce lol.

Edited by Brandon

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My strong advice....  either remove him as a friend or at least select the setting where it hides all posts from the guy on your feed.    It will make your Facebook experience so much better.    

I did this after the election to many friends with strong opinions... now my Facebook feed is a positive experience with mostly pictures of people with their families,  recipes,  or my favorite...  my divorced lady friends posting daily pictures of them at the gym trying to make their ex's jealous of the now much better they look post divorce lol.

I generally like opposing views.  I have close friends who have different views than me.  As a Conservative, even during the Harper majority, it still seemed like you had to keep your views to yourself and put up with the over-bearing lefties.  Now, most people are anti-Trump but the ones who arent are just absolutely mindlessly obsessed with trying to convince everyone they're correct.

Id be fine if someone put forth an intelligent perspective for liking Trump.  But the constant F this and F that in support of him and the cherry picking of facts.  Like this "Trump was 100% vindicated".  Like really...someone HAS to be either playing a role or completely delusional. 

This particular person isnt really a "friend".  Just on my friend list.  Its sort of like a car wreck though.  No one LIKES a car wreck but you cant help look when you see one.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I generally like opposing views.  I have close friends who have different views than me.  As a Conservative, even during the Harper majority, it still seemed like you had to keep your views to yourself and put up with the over-bearing lefties.  Now, most people are anti-Trump but the ones who arent are just absolutely mindlessly obsessed with trying to convince everyone they're correct.

Id be fine if someone put forth an intelligent perspective for liking Trump.  But the constant F this and F that in support of him and the cherry picking of facts.  Like this "Trump was 100% vindicated".  Like really...someone HAS to be either playing a role or completely delusional. 

This particular person isnt really a "friend".  Just on my friend list.  Its sort of like a car wreck though.  No one LIKES a car wreck but you cant help look when you see one.

My dealings with these people on social media is that their main motivation is spite.  They have no real ideology other than making democrats/liberals angry.  It doesn't matter if what they are saying has any facts to back them up as long as it gets a rise out of you and a "yahoo" from their friends.  They amount to little more than the spiteful troll that they elected.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

My dealings with these people on social media is that their main motivation is spite.  They have no real ideology other than making democrats/liberals angry.  It doesn't matter if what they are saying has any facts to back them up as long as it gets a rise out of you and a "yahoo" from their friends.  They amount to little more than the spiteful troll that they elected.

I would modify this a bit and say some people 'adopt' a certain ideology because they are lazy thinkers with no critical thinking skills, have had a horrible upbringing mixed with certain genetic and environmental dispositions (this is my provocative statement of the day).

My description of this type of person happens across the whole continuum of left middle right. Then what happens, (Ted Koppel expressed this when talking with Sean Hannity), these same people are encouraged/targeted to place this adopted ideology over actual fact. Again this way of operating is not reserved for any certain type of ideology. The big however though is the trump administration, it's media outlets and it's 38% (+ or -3) support base have really committed and gone all in on this process. 

Thats very true.  There are some insane people on the right as well as left who would stare into the face of incontrovertible evidence and still stick to their "facts".  This week it happens to be the far right and many Republicans who take one so-so thing Comey said at decide its factual evidence of "complete vindication" while ignoring everything else that was damning.

But we only need look at federal elections here to see what the left resorts to in trying to dis-credit conservative opinions.

WASHINGTON—U.S. President Donald Trump is accusing former FBI director James Comey of perjury, saying Comey lied in congressional testimony under oath on Thursday — and claiming that he is ‘100 per cent’ willing to testify under oath himself.

Trump offers to testify under oath that Comey is lying. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/06/09/trump-accuses-comey-of-perjury-says-hes-100-willing-to-testify-under-oath.html

21 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is crazy. I really, really hope there are tapes.

I  hope that if there is a recording, that it's an mp3 or flac or something like that.

as dumb as these guys are, they probably are using a tape recorder. sony cassette deck, or 8 track.

Mixed in with the recording of the Trump/cormey discussion will be some Wayne Newton tracks. danke schoen maybe.

Edited by Mark F

https://twitter.com/CayleThompson/status/873592423456227329

Act for America held "anti-sharia" demonstrations in several American cities today.

Seattle was out to greet them.  We drowned them out ... people had cowbells, drums, foghorns, whistles.  I brought my bomber horn.

One of the yahoos was waving a strange green flag.  The design reminds me of something...

maxresdefault.jpg