US Politics

Rich

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I have no doubt that Trump is just talking out his ass as usual, but how can anyone still trust CNN?  It's just Fox News for Liberals.

Im a Conservative and I enjoy CNN.  Its good to get different opinions.  People making the mistake that one bad story paints the whole thing is wishful thinking.  The Trump supporters love it.  But they are quiet when their own guy lies through his teeth so it really doesnt matter.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im a Conservative and I enjoy CNN.  Its good to get different opinions.  People making the mistake that one bad story paints the whole thing is wishful thinking.  The Trump supporters love it.  But they are quiet when their own guy lies through his teeth so it really doesnt matter.

Oh don't get me wrong I like to get different viewpoints and consume news from many disparate sources, I just don't trust CNN.  A little too "sensational" for my tastes.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I have no doubt that Trump is just talking out his ass as usual, but how can anyone still trust CNN?  It's just Fox News for Liberals.

Maybe this isn't your intent but this can sound like, 'yea this is bad but that's just as bad or worse' argument that can sometimes distract us.

One issue doesn't cancel the other out in terms of it's seriousness. Let's not deflect away from the issue at hand. 

If the issue at hand is CNN is an untrustworthy medium, let's look at it and analyze it with facts and less on ideology.

If  the issue at hand is Trump is a crazy ass lunatic, let's look at it and analyze it with facts and less on ideology.

Let's stop jumping back and forth with issues  that deflects our attention and spend some time together focused on a specific issue.  

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Maybe this isn't your intent but this can sound like, 'yea this is bad but that's just as bad or worse' argument that can sometimes distract us.

One issue doesn't cancel the other out in terms of it's seriousness. Let's not deflect away from the issue at hand. 

If the issue at hand is CNN is an untrustworthy medium, let's look at it and analyze it with facts and less on ideology.

If  the issue at hand is Trump is a crazy ass lunatic, let's look at it and analyze it with facts and less on ideology.

Let's stop jumping back and forth with issues  that deflects our attention and spend some time together focused on a specific issue.  

"Let's talk about what I want to talk about"

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I have no idea what you mean by this.

I commented on Trump and the media, totally on topic, and you waltzed in and tried to tell me what to talk about or how I should be phrasing my opinions.  Thanks but I'm pretty well versed on being opinionated and saying exactly what I intend to.

Edited by Atomic

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I commented on Trump and the media, totally on topic, and you waltzed in and tried to tell me what to talk about or how I should be phrasing my opinions.  Thanks but I'm pretty well versed on being opinionated and saying exactly what I intend to.

What's a comfortable approach for you when someone disagrees with you, wants to offer up an alternative point of view without you feeling you're been told to do something?  I thought I challenged something based on what you wrote, attempting to do it in a respectful way, according to how I see things as well. It's not a personal attack, It's called a dialogue, debate, discourse. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What a joke.  And the First Lady's main project is combating cyber bullying.  Yeah right.

I think that project is now dead according to WH peeps.

Also her "project" was limited to school kids only so it would not have applied to adults as they can take care of themselves at least that's what she said.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As opposed to Fox? Hannity?? O'Reilly? Ailes?

No you missed the point... I feel like CNN is the same as FOX but just a left-wing bias as opposed to a right-wing bias.

13 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What's a comfortable approach for you when someone disagrees with you, wants to offer up an alternative point of view without you feeling you're been told to do something?  I thought I challenged something based on what you wrote, attempting to do it in a respectful way, according to how I see things as well. It's not a personal attack, It's called a dialogue, debate, discourse. 

I don't even see how you disagreed with me... there was nothing about Trump or CNN in your post, really.  It was more of a sermon about how I should express my opinions.

41 minutes ago, Atomic said:

No you missed the point... I feel like CNN is the same as FOX but just a left-wing bias as opposed to a right-wing bias.

I don't even see how you disagreed with me... there was nothing about Trump or CNN in your post, really.  It was more of a sermon about how I should express my opinions.

Thanks for not answering the question and doing your go to deflect approach. Here's where I disagree with you. I believe CNN being an untrustworthy source has nothing to do with Trump being crazy but you seem to join those two issues together with your posts.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Thanks for not answering the question and doing your go to deflect approach. Here's where I disagree with you. I believe CNN being an untrustworthy source has nothing to do with Trump being crazy but you seem to join those two issues together with your posts.

Oops personal attack!  You said you weren't going to do that!

Anyways I'll tell you why I did that.  Because if I just posted "CNN is garbage!" then someone would inevitably come back with "OH SO YOU THINK TRUMP IS TELLING THE TRUTH!?", so through the power of foresight I cut that off before it could happen.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Oops personal attack!  You said you weren't going to do that!

Anyways I'll tell you why I did that.  Because if I just posted "CNN is garbage!" then someone would inevitably come back with "OH SO YOU THINK TRUMP IS TELLING THE TRUTH!?", so through the power of foresight I cut that off before it could happen.

You still haven't answered my original question. Enjoy your weekend.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Far more scandals at Fox than at CNN. If you're a woman, working at Fox with those old white guys who felt every female was fair game sexually must've been toxic. Guys like  Ailes & O'Reilly should have gone to/be in jail as they're predators.

Its definitely rich of Fox to belittle CNN over their one issue with that story.  But FOX is far more personally invested, seemingly, in pushing a conservative agenda.  I say that as a Conservative and while Hannity is an insane clown, I actually did enjoy O'Rielly's show.

I find CNN gives more time to the opposing view than Fox does.