US Politics

Rich

Is Spicer a complete friggen idiot or just a cowardly ****?  Because he either believes this nonsense or he's being made to say it.  Either way, he'ss a totally inept and idiotic person.

Why couldnt Trump just bring himself to admit he made a typo?  This is the most absurd thing ever.  They are so arrogant and self-important they simply have to make everything out to be some grand plan.  Trump and his bunch are complete jokes.  How long does the world and the poor American's have to put up with this clown?

Edited by The Unknown Poster

On 5/31/2017 at 9:34 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont know a lot about this but most articles say Obama's commitment was to raise the level of emission cutback from 26% to 28% over 2005 levels by 2025.  So really, an increase of 2%.

The FOX story calls it "reduce emissions by nearly 30%", which sounds like a lot more than 2%.

Im one of those people that thinks Global Warming/Climate Change has a lot more to do with natural occurrences rather than JUST "man made" but any effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions which are bad for the planet should be seen as a positive step forward.  Oddly, China is on board with this agreement...

GOP Congressman: God Will ‘Take Care Of’ Climate Change If It Exists

You can rest easy now.

It should be noted that 61 cities and 3 states (so far) have said they will stick to the Paris Accord regardless of what Trump has done. There are also a number of business leaders who have said the same thing. 

Edited by Jacquie

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't like the Paris Climate Accord but what Trump did today is ish. He's leading the States down a road to isolation. The rest of the world is getting tired of this clown & they'll suffer economically & politically during his term in office.

This is basically how I feel.  I think the Paris Climate Accord is a joke and although you have ~195 countries involved, will even 10% of them actually hit the goals set out by the agreement?  I doubt it.  It's more for show than anything else.... people will reduce their emissions as technology allows it (in terms of generating clean energy efficiently and reducing emissions from vehicles by switching to electric or otherwise).  It will be a natural process driven by innovation, not government intervention.

However, because the agreement is actually so toothless, withdrawing from it will cause more problems than it will solve.  It's making even more enemies for Trump and America whereas they could easily just stay on with the agreement and ignore its goals like most other countries will.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

This is basically how I feel.  I think the Paris Climate Accord is a joke and although you have ~195 countries involved, will even 10% of them actually hit the goals set out by the agreement?  I doubt it.  It's more for show than anything else.... people will reduce their emissions as technology allows it (in terms of generating clean energy efficiently and reducing emissions from vehicles by switching to electric or otherwise).  It will be a natural process driven by innovation, not government intervention.

However, because the agreement is actually so toothless, withdrawing from it will cause more problems than it will solve.  It's making even more enemies for Trump and America whereas they could easily just stay on with the agreement and ignore its goals like most other countries will.

Sometimes the spirit of an agreement is more important than the details and that is why the Paris Agreement in hindsight was so important.  195 countries officially agreed that climate change is a problem that needs to be addressed - that was not a small accomplishment.  

The markets are changing, but without government aid (which was far smaller than what the petroleum industry was receiving) we would not have seen the acceleration towards green technology that is so evident now.  

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I thought Neandertals disappeared from Earth 6,000 years ago. Trump is living proof that one is still alive. What a freaking moron. Wait, I take that back... the people that still support him are Neandertals as well.

45 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Sometimes the spirit of an agreement is more important than the details and that is why the Paris Agreement in hindsight was so important.  195 countries officially agreed that climate change is a problem that needs to be addressed - that was not a small accomplishment.  

True and that's why I think it's a mistake to withdraw... it's important in spirit and how much a nation chooses to invest in achieving the targets is totally within their control.

47 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The markets are changing, but without government aid (which was far smaller than what the petroleum industry was receiving) we would not have seen the acceleration towards green technology that is so evident now.  

This is an assumption, we can't truly know either way what would have happened.  It's a fair assumption but still just that... an assumption.  I'm not ready to pat the government on the back for what the private sector and society as a whole has accomplished so far.

Im a conservative.  I dont want to see our economy or business suffer for ideas that look warm and fuzzy on paper but dont work in practice.  I also dont embrace the idea of man-made climate change to the exclusion of other impacts on the environment (which are obviously true and happening).

But...dont we all want a clean and healthy earth?  Dont we want to find a better way than dirty energy?  We should be encouraging green technology.  And I think its been shown when the government requires it, things like more efficient and cleaner mileage isnt hard to come by.  If they banned oil ten years from now, can we not expect corporations to simply create something else for us to buy?

And arent all the big oil companies actually supportive of the Paris Agreement?

So now, several States are planning to form an Alliance to adhere to the Paris Agreement.  This is the Trump effect.  He pulls out and yet the States will simply ignore him and stay in.  What a neutered, sad little man.

I don't like the imposed sanctions by the UN which is what the Paris Accord is. However, all countries except 2 signed on & said they'll meet these targets yet we know they won't. But at least they're trying. Thing is, for the US to pullout will take over 3 years so why bother? Trump did this because he thinks he can. So does Steve Bannon. To show off to Trump's base. I don't think the assclowns in the White House even know the full text of the Paris accord as it'll take until 2020 for the Americans to actually leave. Until then, the US is bound by the terms of the agreement thus turning it into a contentious election issue in 3.5 years. For Trump or his GOP successor if he actually does run again. Just absolutely moronic.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Trump's team should find a way to freeze his Twitter account. He's such an idiot.

I'm not sure. It plays into his whole diatribe about the courts running everything. He loses the case and claims the US is not protected against extremists. Eventually, there is some form of terror attack and he blames the courts and Democrats. Feed the base.

Meanwhile, he fleeces the country, lines his pockets and golfs.

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure. It plays into his whole diatribe about the courts running everything. He loses the case and claims the US is not protected against extremists. Eventually, there is some form of terror attack and he blames the courts and Democrats. Feed the base.

Meanwhile, he fleeces the country, lines his pockets and golfs.

I just meant what he tweets is usually reactive, petty, and knee-jerkish. And worst of all, he contradicts what his team has said. On Jan. 31st, Spicer re-iterated it wasn't a travel ban, but Trump tweeted it was and is a ban. Not a good look.

I agree on you regarding his angle, though. And he doesn't give a rip about his people.

On 6/5/2017 at 11:35 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Sadly a terror attack on US soil is exactly what Trump and his supports want. Well, I don't say it's what they want. But they will certainly play it for their narrative if it happens. 

Imagine if he had been POTUS during 9/11... Yeesh.