US Politics

Rich

41 days of pure hell: Donald Trump can't handle the emotions triggered by his defeat

Donald Trump has 41 days to go before his presidency is over. Instead of assisting with the peaceful transfer of power to President-elect Joe Biden, he has chosen to spend his final days exhibiting his psychiatric disorder. His rhetoric and his behavior are manifestations of his pathology. He shows every day that he has no self-control, no insight and no capacity to function effectively at his job.

Trump lost the election fair and square. But he cannot handle the defeat because his narcissistic injury has triggered outrage, hostility, accusations and victimhood. Despite his loud proclamations of a rigged election, there is absolutely no evidence of it. Trump has been rejected by a majority of the American people, and now he is an angry, miserable and destructive loser.

Trump is not capable of experiencing true depression. His psyche is not equipped for such a normal response. Rather, he responds to loss or disappointment by becoming enraged and accusatory. He feels and acts as if he were a victim. Trump's response is primitive and pathological. It is pathognomonic of personality pathology. It is entirely outside the realm of normalcy. It is dangerous.

Trump's "alternative universe" is being threatened by the reality of his election loss. He is desperate to maintain the persona of being smart, superior, strong and almighty. This is his "false self," a fantasy created to cover up the truth: that he is not very smart, that he is lazy, that he is disinterested, that he is not as rich as he claims, that he does not care about people, that he is corrupt and that he is cruel. That is Trump's "true self." He has spent his entire life spinning a fake web of grandiosity and superiority with enablers along the way to keep the ruse alive. As president, he has convinced millions that his false persona is more true than observable reality. That, my friends, is a skilled con man, an accomplished grifter, an unabashed criminal.

From all reports, Trump has stopped working. His days are filled with angry outbursts, watching television, promulgating conspiracy theories and playing golf. He is incapacitated by his psychiatric symptoms. He is abdicating his responsibility as president. The idea that he is our ultimate public servant could not be further from the truth. Trump is totally self-absorbed with his narcissistic injury and his grievances. Governing others is beyond his psychic capacity. In fact, it is his vindictiveness and his irrationality that have risen to the forefront.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/trump-mental-health/

Madonna’s Instagram Post Flagged for Spreading a Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory

Instagram flagged a post from Madonna on Tuesday after a post on the singer’s feed shared a coronavirus conspiracy theory.

The platform obscured a video on the pop star’s account, labeling it as false information and providing a link to facts debunking the claims made in the video. The caption of the since-deleted post reportedly read, “The Truth will set us all Free! But some people don’t want to hear the truth. Especially the people in power who stand to make money from this long drawn out search for a vaccine. Which has been proven and has been available for months. They would rather let fear control them and let the rich get richer and the poor and sick get sicker. This woman is my hero. Thank you Stella Immanuel.”

Stella Immanuel is the doctor featured in the deleted video, a physician based in Houston, who claims to have treated 350 patients with hydroxychloroquine and that wearing masks is unnecessary. Immanuel is also one of the doctors featured in the viral “America’s Frontline Doctors” video posted by Breitbart that was viewed by millions of people before being removed from platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook for “sharing false information.”

Madonna’s Instagram Post Flagged for Spreading a Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory | Vanity Fair

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

how about willfuly ignorant?

Thats called being stoopid.

By definition, you cannot be both unaware and aware of something. If you are ignorant, you are unaware and this have no intent to refuse to accept what you know is reality. You honestly but mistakenly believe something that is false. If you are willful then you make a conscious choice to not accept what you know is reality. 

Was always a big fan of AOC. I was mostly impressed with her ability to parse information that is easily shared to a wide range of audiences, her unwavering dedication to her ideals and her ability to carry herself in a professional manner whilst being able to clapback at her questionable critics. Now after seeing this quick run down of her accomplishments in the last year- truly remarkable.

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Was always a big fan of AOC... ...truly remarkable.

100% agree. The bit about federal contractors paying migrant workers $15/hour is huge, and not just for those migrant workers; all too often, Agriculture and basically any business not operating within a city can say 'I posted the job at minimum wage and nobody would take it', opening the doors for them to legally hire migrant workers at barbaric wages. By bumping migrant workers wages to 15, big Ag has nothing to gain from devaluing local labour as they have been for years and local workers reap the benefits. Rural Manitoban greenhouses could take a lesson believe me

16 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Agriculture and basically any business not operating within a city can say 'I posted the job at minimum wage and nobody would take it', opening the doors for them to legally hire migrant workers at barbaric wages

twenty years or so ago, meat packers in Wpg broke the unions. halved the wages from twenty an hour or so, to twelve, and now, probably less.

so, of course, they get permits for desperate people from mexico, and central america. who live in misery, and still send money home, cause it is worse there.

and slaughterhouse is one of the absolute worst jobs.

Edited by Mark F

... significantly escalating an investigation into Trump that he's powerless to stop.

Oh, such sweet words. 

With the whole pardoning thing bound to be a legal shitfest, I think the State level indictments are the ones that are going to bear the most fruit, so it's nice to see the escalation as trump's potus time is running out. 

Red alert for reporters: Trumpers are destroying evidence on their way out the door

A minor scandal at CDC is the tip of a huge iceberg — only journalists can stop team Trump from wholesale erasure.  
The news that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Robert Redfield forced career staff to delete an incriminating email from a Trump political appointee is a red-alert moment for Washington-based reporters, who should fan out everywhere Trump loyalists may be destroying the evidence of their misdeeds as they head out the door.

"Reporters should start looking at that right now and start saying to the White House, to the executive branch agencies: 'What are you going to do to preserve documents?'" said Lisa Rosenberg, executive director of the wonderful pro-transparency group, Open the Government.

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/11/red-alert-for-reporters-trumpers-are-destroying-evidence-on-their-way-out-the-door/

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Deserving..

Yeah, not going far enough IMO. This governor is responsible for a lot of deaths, suppressing/fudging valuable data on Covid cases and has helped suppress voting rights. Guy is a piece of **** and should be held criminal liable a few of his indiscretions.  

55 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh, such sweet words. 

With the whole pardoning thing bound to be a legal shitfest, I think the State level indictments are the ones that are going to bear the most fruit, so it's nice to see the escalation as trump's potus time is running out. 

Fake news, media is the enemy of the people. What about rampant election fraud we won by a landslide, deep state, Dow Jones is sizzling, drain the swamp, Hunter Biden, the constitution dammit, trying to take away my Christmas, my guns, my religion, lock up Hillary Clinton, Obama, jobs a plenty before this Covid Hoax, immigrants, this is my America my freeeeeeeeeedom is at stake.

It's exhausting just typing this.