US Politics

Rich

11 minutes ago, Mark F said:

found my my new handle.

leave it to skabeeva!

re trump new home

how bout saudi, after all, they

took idi amin. 

kill people you dont like,  multiple wives, might be a good fit!

one of those caftans would hide the depends quite nicely.

I don’t know why I thought of this reading your post but throwing trump jr into a jail cell commenting to him as I’m looking at his cell mates that they’re going to be loving you day and night then turning away makes me feel good.

Trump voters don't really believe Biden stole the election — but they do want a coup. Conservatives aren't entirely delusional — they're trolls arguing in bad faith to delegitimize Democratic voters
By AMANDA MARCOTTE
DECEMBER 9, 2020 6:22PM 

Do Republican voters really believe that Joe Biden stole the election from Donald Trump? Do they sincerely see Trump's efforts to overturn the election as the legitimate actions of a wronged man trying to defend democracy? When they declare "stop the steal," are they truly unaware that they are the ones trying to steal this election from the rightful winners? 

Or are millions of Americans arguing in bad faith, merely claiming to believe Trump is the true winner? Is this all just a disingenuous song-and-dance, meant to put a morally justifiable gloss on what is actually widespread support among Trump voters for a coup? The answer to this question of "delusion or bad faith?" matters quite a bit, as Trump continues to prosecute his futile campaign to steal the 2020 election.

Polls show that a hefty majority of Republican voters — 68%, according to Reuters/Ipsos — say they believe the 2020 election was "rigged" in Biden's favor. Since the election, more than $200 million has flowed into Trump's coffers from Republican donors responding to emails promising to "stop the steal." Are these donors innocent lambs who sincerely believe that Trump is a good man done wrong? Or are they people who are actively seeking to finance a coup, employing the flimsiest of excuses? 

Well, as the author of a book called "Troll Nation," it's clear where I stand: By and large, Republican voters who claim that Biden stole the election are arguing from bad faith, not delusion.

This distinction is important because it shows that the intentions of Republican voters (and too many of their elected leaders) are sinister, and need to be taken seriously as an overt assault on democracy. Understanding modern politics means understanding one crucial reality about the current landscape: Conservatives don't hold beliefs, they only have rationalizations. 

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/09/trump-voters-dont-really-believe-biden-stole-the-election---but-they-do-want-a-coup/

10 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Do Republican Senators still think TrumpDictator needs time to process the election loss when he tweets "OVERTURN".

Elections are but an inconvenience for the GOP. Just means that they need to try harder to stop minorities from voting. Double up their efforts to suppress the vote. 

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

Trump voters don't really believe Biden stole the election — but they do want a coup. Conservatives aren't entirely delusional — they're trolls arguing in bad faith to delegitimize Democratic voters
By AMANDA MARCOTTE
DECEMBER 9, 2020 6:22PM 

Do Republican voters really believe that Joe Biden stole the election from Donald Trump? Do they sincerely see Trump's efforts to overturn the election as the legitimate actions of a wronged man trying to defend democracy? When they declare "stop the steal," are they truly unaware that they are the ones trying to steal this election from the rightful winners? 

Or are millions of Americans arguing in bad faith, merely claiming to believe Trump is the true winner? Is this all just a disingenuous song-and-dance, meant to put a morally justifiable gloss on what is actually widespread support among Trump voters for a coup? The answer to this question of "delusion or bad faith?" matters quite a bit, as Trump continues to prosecute his futile campaign to steal the 2020 election.

Polls show that a hefty majority of Republican voters — 68%, according to Reuters/Ipsos — say they believe the 2020 election was "rigged" in Biden's favor. Since the election, more than $200 million has flowed into Trump's coffers from Republican donors responding to emails promising to "stop the steal." Are these donors innocent lambs who sincerely believe that Trump is a good man done wrong? Or are they people who are actively seeking to finance a coup, employing the flimsiest of excuses? 

Well, as the author of a book called "Troll Nation," it's clear where I stand: By and large, Republican voters who claim that Biden stole the election are arguing from bad faith, not delusion.

This distinction is important because it shows that the intentions of Republican voters (and too many of their elected leaders) are sinister, and need to be taken seriously as an overt assault on democracy. Understanding modern politics means understanding one crucial reality about the current landscape: Conservatives don't hold beliefs, they only have rationalizations. 

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/09/trump-voters-dont-really-believe-biden-stole-the-election---but-they-do-want-a-coup/

Why not both?

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Figures that he’d be the one to argue this for Trump. 
Fortunately, it won’t  get very far at all, as the Supreme Court will shut down this Cruz lying before it even gets launched.

If any one of these US supreme court judges believe this case has merit and should be heard should be automatically removed.

“But some influential Republicans are speaking out -- in the states, on Capitol Hill and at the Supreme Court -- opposing the effort, highlighting states' rights and arguing that election rules are not decided on the federal level. 
Utah Republican Gov. Gary Herbert on Wednesday said he is unhappy he was not consulted before the state's attorney general, also a Republican, signed an amicus brief supporting the Texas effort.”

20 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Looks like Redfield and Azar are going to have to answer some questions about some of the criminal behavior they have been doing in terms of Covid 19, ..........................2 more pardons please

I am certain that both are marked for dismissal and their reputations have been tarnished beyond redemption. Criminal charges are iffy in the US, but with all these damning reports leaking out (and doubtless more and bigger ones to follow) Biden is going to have a hard time not prosecuting a lot of Trump's toadies.

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I am certain that both are marked for dismissal and their reputations have been tarnished beyond redemption. Criminal charges are iffy in the US, but with all these damning reports leaking out (and doubtless more and bigger ones to follow) Biden is going to have a hard time not prosecuting a lot of Trump's toadies.

Both have been replaced in the Biden administration

Edited by bustamente