US Politics

Rich

Trump Insists On Pretending To Be President Again By Holding Rallies In Front Of Fake Air Force One

He cannot help it. Trump believes that the more “rich” and “powerful” his entrance is, the more powerful he looks. Perhaps to his crowd, it is true, although it wouldn’t matter if it wasn’t. It is true for Trump, and that is what matters. Just like the President of the United States lands with the powerful and mighty symbolism of the United States’ Air Force One lands, Trump now has to do the best he can. It is literally called Trump Force One:

Just now, iHeart said:

I just hope the voter turnout rate here will be better than Winnipeg's was two weeks ago...Thank god there's hockey to distract me tonight

Yes, I wish I could fast forward election days, 'Click' style. My fear is that the lines have more to do with polling stations being closed and consolidated, making it harder and more inconvenient for voters to actually vote. Its all part of the playbook

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Yes, I wish I could fast forward election days, 'Click' style. My fear is that the lines have more to do with polling stations being closed and consolidated, making it harder and more inconvenient for voters to actually vote. Its all part of the playbook

Right this is the US we're talking about

5 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It's the mo. Republicans know when more people vote It's bad for the right wing agenda so rather than change to appeal to more people they are simply trying to make it harder for people to vote.

still have not fixed all the lead pipe in Flint, but.

"The total cost of 2022 state and federal midterm elections is projected to exceed $16.7 billion, according to a new OpenSecrets analysis. Federal candidates and political committees are expected to spend $8.9 billion, while state candidates, party committees and ballot measure committees are on track to raise $7.8 billion."

opensecrets

Edited by Mark F

12 hours ago, bustamente said:

Yes declare victory before all votes are counted, how very democratic of you. Why even bother counting the votes just declare victory

Any 'lawyer' who makes remarks like that should be dragged in front of a committee for disbarment.

57 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Typical Republican voter that you will hear from today, I don't really like any of the Republican choices up and down the ballot but I voted Red all the way

As the world burns down around them socially, morally, environmentally etc they say it's all about the economy, freedom and lower gas prices not knowing at all what that means as they say it.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Interesting that the GOP has made it near impossible to count mail-in-votes before the polls close, then complain when the count is slow. And the morons lap it up. J

We've come to the point where you can walk around freely in-person/virtual spewing contradictions, blatant lies, morally ethically bankrupt statements with little pushback and consequences (twitter shaming, fact checks that do nothing, 'journalists' who lightly push back but then say lets move on, politicians who bang their hands on the podium and that's about it) but huge impact for their own grifting power needs.

I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe it will be good for these wacknut morally corrupt lunatics to take power so people can actually see what happens that will then lead to a correction and recalibration. Just hope the foundation stays in tact.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

We've come to the point where you can walk around freely in-person/virtual spewing contradictions, blatant lies, morally ethically bankrupt statements with little pushback and consequences (twitter shaming, fact checks that do nothing, 'journalists' who lightly push back but then say lets move on, politicians who bang their hands on the podium and that's about it) but huge impact for their own grifting power needs.

I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe it will be good for these wacknut morally corrupt lunatics to take power so people can actually see what happens that will then lead to a correction and recalibration. Just hope the foundation stays in tact.

But, once they take power, they won't let go of it. The last 30 years has been the GOP entrenching themselves to make it impossible to oust them. They've created laws and imposed judges that will throw out two hundred years of legal precedent to own Libs. 

They attempted a ****ing COUP and still nothing!!!

Neutral media has no idea what to do. And, alt-right owned media just lies with impunity. 

These are the last days of the old republic. 

52 minutes ago, JCon said:

But, once they take power, they won't let go of it. The last 30 years has been the GOP entrenching themselves to make it impossible to oust them. They've created laws and imposed judges that will throw out two hundred years of legal precedent to own Libs. 

They attempted a ****ing COUP and still nothing!!!

Neutral media has no idea what to do. And, alt-right owned media just lies with impunity. 

These are the last days of the old republic. 

We should have an eeek emoticon.

From the WaPo:

Snowfall could hinder in-person vote in Nevada’s Republican strongholds

Return to menu

Counties north and west of Las Vegas — where Republican allegiances are strongest in Nevada — are being blanketed with snowfall and freezing rain Tuesday. After some Republicans in the state encouraged supporters to shun voting by mail in favor of voting on Election Day as a means of ensuring their votes are counted, several candidates changed their tune in recent days, urging early voting in advance of the storm. Research is mixed on whether and how bad weather affects voter turnouts.