US Politics

Rich

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'm not sure what she is qualified to do, maybe she could go back to being whatever she was before she spent time doing nothing in the House but take pictures of her kids with guns and saying stupid things

I thought she was just the resident GQP Howler MOnkey...

FNSEO7tXsAInkpS?format=jpg&name=large

38 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'm not sure what she is qualified to do, maybe she could go back to being whatever she was before she spent time doing nothing in the House but take pictures of her kids with guns and saying stupid things

Unless I’m missing something, looking at at the current results, I’m not sure why at 6:25am he would tweet this out? Just under 2000 votes separate sanity and insanity with 96% counted. Nail biter.

40 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Unless I’m missing something, looking at at the current results, I’m not sure why at 6:25am he would tweet this out? Just under 2000 votes separate sanity and insanity with 96% counted. Nail biter.

They are statistically tied right now 62 votes separate them

43 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

JC jinxed it. This vile person who hides behind religion and the 2nd amendment while grifting away needs to lose for the love of sanity.

58 minutes ago, bustamente said:

They are statistically tied right now 62 votes separate them

Some media people / outlets have developed a habit of doing this...

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

blacks voted for him.

With only 13% of the US population being African American, I'd say Obama got elected by plenty of other people, as well.

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Some media people / outlets have developed a habit of doing this...

With only 13% of the US population being African American, I'd say Obama got elected by plenty of other people, as well.

where did I say only black people voted for Obama?

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It's amazing that it takes a couple of States this long to count votes

I have zero problems with it. Although, our system of paper ballots and machine counting seems farrrrrrr superior. That and we don't allow the politicians to mess with the electoral process. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have zero problems with it. Although, our system of paper ballots and machine counting seems farrrrrrr superior. That and we don't allow the politicians to mess with the electoral process. 

And if they attempt to do so, they're mocked and ridiculed for their stupidity.

The "method" of electing politicians in the US seems so needlessly convoluted.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

PeePee has tried.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-elections-canada-lapdog-1.5170638

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Democracy is worth the cost.

I prefer the French system wherein potential candidates must first gather a certain amount of signatures from the riding to register as candidates and then spend a very  limited amount of money, but all media must give equal exposure to all qualified candidates for free. The runners-up get their expenses reimbursed if they get a certain percentage of the winners' votes. Winning candidates have their jobs ensured if/when they return to their previous jobs, and employers are reimbursed to train a backfill employee, and if the winning candidate's job is made obsolete or substantially changed, when s/he returns, s/he will be trained so as to either fit the old job or qualified for a new one.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I believe he's referring to the amount spent by the campaigns, not the state to deliver the election.

Apparently the candidates spent some 9 billion dollars during the recent campaign.

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

The City of Troy still does not have clean drinking water. 

But the US military has 750,000,000,000 to play with. But America cannot afford a good public education system, clean drinking water for all or universal healthcare. And veterans' services are inadequate to the extent where more US servicemen have been lost to suicide since the Iraqi war than died in the war. The same is true for those who served in Viet Nam. Helluva war-glorifying system.