US Politics

Rich

This Roy Moore story really hits home how gross the GOP has become.  Just twitter or google around.  I dont even want to compile the stuff.  But basically many Republican supporters are saying things like even if its true, they'd rather vote for Moore than a Democrat.  I think it was a FOX news guy that remarked that the incident with the14 year old girl was "consensual".  Oh and it was like sex sex so its ok.  Ugh

One Republican tried to say it was a Democrat conspiracy and they got the women to make up these stories.  A journalist pointed out that the 14 year old is actually a Trump voter and the guy said well of course, thats part of the cover story. 

“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years,” Henry fumed. “I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion.”

Henry also said the women were “foolish” for coming forward with their accusations and hinted they’d regret “going down this road.”

Edited by The Unknown Poster

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

and unfortunately  there are probably millions of women who have no problem with any of this, and even agree with it.

Victims.

And some even perpetrate the harassment themselves.

https://deadspin.com/teen-girl-posed-for-8-years-as-married-man-to-write-abo-1820305588?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/president-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html

Trump said he took Putin at his word that Russia did not seek to interfere in the US presidential election last year, despite a finding from US intelligence agencies that it did. The fraught relations between the two leaders was underscored anew when Putin's spokesman said election meddling did not come up when they spoke, even though Trump said it did.

He Believes Putin when he says he didn't meddle... yet completely ignores the entire intelligence community.  ******* Awesome...

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

While i dont agree with this it should would have been nice if the first Cosby, Weinstein, Spacey, etc victim went to the cops.

The fact someone in power is suggesting they be prosecuted and we see all the nasty blow back towards the victims we see exactly why many victims don’t come forward. 

What would be nice is a culture that supports victims coming forward.  Perhaps this is changing that. 

Recent research from Yascha Mounk at Harvard and Roberto Stefan Foa from the University of Melbourne has shown that young people take democracy for granted in the United States. Three in four Americans born in the 1930s — the generation that witnessed the horrors of totalitarianism — believe that it is “essential” to live in a democracy. Fewer than one in three Americans born in the 1980s see democracy as “essential.”

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/13/of-course-it-can-happen-here-trumps-not-a-despot-but-hes-no-friend-to-democracy/

More and more stuff about Trump/Putin link is being dripped out. Now.... communicating with wikileaks.

I wonder if he's stupid enough to refuse to resign, when the republicans are finally forced to dump him.

I have really lost any respect for Assange through this. Simple revenge on Hillary Clinton.  Used by Putin for this.

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:

More and more stuff about Trump/Putin link is being dripped out. Now.... communicating with wikileaks.

I wonder if he's stupid enough to refuse to resign, when the republicans are finally forced to dump him.

I have really lost any respect for Assange through this. Simple revenge on Hillary Clinton.  Used by Putin for this.

Assange is a crook too.  Willing to be a Russian pawn.  What does that say.  Everyone knew it but Donald Jr was stupid enough to actually communicate with them.  Sure, they will say it was unwittingly and thats a good way to describe Don Jr but he immediately old the senior campaign team.  Who knows what they told him to do but apparently it wasnt "block that twitter".  The idea will be that Wilileaks messaged him but he didnt message back.  The problem is, he seems to have, at least twice, done what they instructed and one time he messaged Wikileaks first.  He created a clear dialogue.