US Politics

Rich

all over the world bigotry always exists. 

sometimes it is openly accepted and widely promoted. 

That is where we are now, in North America.  

given all the other existing, and growing strains on society, it could get much worse. 

I have no idea what will happen, but looking other places, Mexico, central America, shows how awful things can be.

"

"Recently the Brevard County Florida Republican Executive Committee voted to declare the Covid vaccine (all of them) biological weaponsand urge they be banned from the state. The resolution declares “Covid-19 injections are biological and technological weapons” and that “enormous number of humans have died or been permanently disabled.”

As stunning as that may sound, it’s just part of a growing wave. Over half a dozen Florida county GOP officials has passed similar resolutions"

kos

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"

"Recently the Brevard County Florida Republican Executive Committee voted to declare the Covid vaccine (all of them) biological weaponsand urge they be banned from the state. The resolution declares “Covid-19 injections are biological and technological weapons” and that “enormous number of humans have died or been permanently disabled.”

As stunning as that may sound, it’s just part of a growing wave. Over half a dozen Florida county GOP officials has passed similar resolutions"

kos

The dumbest people. 

13 hours ago, Tracker said:

And I doubt we've seen the bottom yet.

Not even close. I was just talking to my wife about the worldwide heat wave, ( US, EU, China, Japan, Uruguay...) and was telling her that as we slide into this you are going to see a huge amount of stress put on to society. If you buy into Jared Diamonds idea , environmental issues have been the cause of many societal collapses,  wars, genocides.... I don't agree with all his ideas but generally agree with alot of it. 

He may not actually realize it, cause of his experience in life, 

but Trump’s legal problems are real, and very serious.

Absolutely it is jail if he is convicted.

Pretty clear now, they are not kidding around, the decision on him has been made. Even the judiciary appear to be sick of him.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

He may not actually realize it, cause of his experience in life, 

but Trump’s legal problems are real, and very serious.

Absolutely it is jail if he is convicted.

Pretty clear now, they are not kidding around, the decision on him has been made. Even the judiciary appear to be sick of him.

I have to admit... I kind of want to see what a US presidential nominee, campaigning from prison looks like. I think I would be fascinated by the logistics that would be involved... not to mention how many people would still vote for him... maybe even elect him... it's like the ultimate freak show- gimme a ******* ticket!

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

Trump promotes threatening video: 'We are going to do things to you that have never been done before'

Overnight Donald Trump promoted a video featuring an extreme close-up photo of his face in black and white, and audio of him making an obvious threat: “If you f— around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are going to do things to you that have never been done before.”

Trump “retruthed” the video, posted by an account that appears to belong to a “MAGA” website, on his social media platform Truth Social, sometime after 1 AM.
Trump did originally say those words and did make that threat, but under different circumstances than today’s.

In October of 2020, just weeks before Joe Biden would beat him at the ballot box to become the 46th President of the United States, Trump delivered that screed in an interview with Rush Limbaugh.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

he is quite good at doublespeak

His arrogance and stupidity have finally caught up with him. He is the subject of 6 different criminal investigations and further indictments are inevitable. He is desperately trying to avoid prosecution by saying that a) no sitting president has ever been charged with a criminal offence (not true) and b) that he should not be charged because he is running for office and going to trial would interfere with an election. 

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump is now reduced to whining on Faux News that jailing him would be "very dangerous" for the country. Nice of him to think of the welfare of others.

Very dangerous because I told my cultists to be violent. Lock him up and let his followers **** around and find out.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Very dangerous because I told my cultists to be violent. Lock him up and let his followers **** around and find out.

Not as easy as one might think. The police forces and military are well populated with right-wing sympathizers as was demonstrated by the number of these charged in the January 6th coup attempt. Moreover, during his term in office Trump appointed as many sympathizers to judicial posts as he could, adding to those appointed by Bush2. The GOP has been very busy at the school board, municipal and state levels.