Around The League Off Season Discussion

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

On one hand it's absolutely disgusting what Vick did.  On the other hand, he served his time in jail and since then has become an activist for animal rights.  Just to change his public image?  Maybe.  Or maybe he legitimately wants to atone for what he did.

No second chances?

My sentiment exactly.

I'm not a fan of Vick by any means,  but does anyone really know the details of the Vick dog fighting.   I was under the impression that his friends/family used his money to fund the dog fighting and that his involvement was mostly financial.  

It's wrong in many ways,  but IMO their is much more poor characters that have played in the CFL then what Vick had done.  

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm not a fan of Vick by any means,  but does anyone really know the details of the Vick dog fighting.   I was under the impression that his friends/family used his money to fund the dog fighting and that his involvement was mostly financial.  

It's wrong in many ways,  but IMO their is much more poor characters that have played in the CFL then what Vick had done.  

It wasn't just that Vick was involved with dog fighting, often to the death of one or both, but that he strangled dogs of his who lost with his own hands. That type of pathology doesn't go away very well.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

http://aldf.org/resources/laws-cases/animal-fighting-case-study-michael-vick/

The details are pretty damn gruesome and it's clear that Vick was involved.

20 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

There was a documentary that had actual footage of Vick doing horrific things to these animals. I own a pit bull and she is the biggest wus. People like Vick who should be anywhere near animals are the reason Pitbulls have got a bad rap. The owners are the ones that need to be put down

Pit bulls can be as vicious as any other breed, and any dog can be conditioned to fight and kill, especially if it believes its master wants it to do so. The difference is that pit bull is very muscular terrier, and terriers are incredibly tough. Pit bull terriers were extensively used as, believe it or not, baby sitters because of their patience and temperament. 

23 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

There was a documentary that had actual footage of Vick doing horrific things to these animals. I own a pit bull and she is the biggest wus. People like Vick who should be anywhere near animals are the reason Pitbulls have got a bad rap. The owners are the ones that need to be put down

I own a Doberman as well another dog with a bad rep. that's overblown....She's a teddybear unless you're an unwanted prowler on the property...then look out....I've known some pretty sweet pitbulls and they don't deserve the b.s. treatment they get...True about the owners...it starts there with ALL dogs.

45 minutes ago, tracker said:

Gore showed flashes of being a good receiver on occasion but never quite lived up to his potential.

I disagree with that, I think Gore did a fantastic job. Gotta remember that BC has trotted out some damned good american receivers too and it's not called the Manny show for nothing. There's only one football and when the Americans are the main target all you need out of a canadian like Gore is to be solid when called upon and he absolutely was. 

Shawn Gore earned his way into being recognized as being a very good receiver, and there was more to come. He was just getting into stride. Too bad for health conditions, but he has to do what's best for him in the long run. Losing Gore is a blow for the Lions, but Wally knew there was that possibility, and he will make adjustments. He always does...

WINNIPEG — Manitoba Bisons quarterback Theo Deezar will get another chance to learn and train with some of the best in the business.

For the second year in a row Deezar will attend Winnipeg Blue Bombers camp as part of the CFL-CIS quarterback internship program.

2) - "Canadians are like gold, Americans silver” – has long been a commandment in the Canadian Football League when it comes to piecing together a roster.

The Bombers have nailed their last three drafts, with 13 of 20 selections currently on the roster, including starting center Matthias Goossen, guard Sukh Chungh and safety Taylor Loffler. It’s all been part of a roster makeover, particularly with the Canadian talent, that GM Kyle Walters & Co. have undertaken since being handed the keys to the football ops department.

With all that in mind and with the Bombers holding seven selections – including the first, sixth, 15th and 23rd overall  picks – in Sunday’s draft, bluebombers.com takes a look at the current crop of Canadians and how they were acquired…

?‍?Put my position, in the slot that believes drafting a NI receiver shouldn't be a top priority in this year's draft.

Gord Barnsley (aka WinnipegGordo) - #Jets working out QB McCleod Bethel Thompson

CFL News

No surprise. #AlsMTL want back in. #CFL - Kavis Reed said he spoke to teams in order to lay the groundwork about possibly trading up in the first round. #Alouettes @CFL

?‍?Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun is putting his pen forward in becoming the go to guy for CFL/Bomber News in Winnipeg.

This is another decent article put forward regarding the upcoming draft versus Bomber needs..

"This years draft is very deep at the defensive line position, and the Bombers are likely to capitalize on that "- @BlueBomberTalk

Five dopes prospects dropped from #CFL draft over failed drug tests  3downnation.com/2017/05/04/fiv

Congrats to former @BCLions Shawn Gore on becoming a member of @VancouverPD! We got an awesome person! He will do well

"He said 'Hey man, you're going to play for Wally Buono!'" - @CFL  Draft brings back special memories ? ? - READ ?? ow.ly/JbDs30brNhu  - ?‍?Now that's what you want to hear about your GM/Staff. Maybe, one day...

And  finallly, from Marshall Ferguson...

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Analyzing the draft back to 1985 doesn't really mean much... CFL draft has really only been meaningful for about 10 years now

Yeah if 10 years even. 

22 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Sean Gore confirms his long rumoured retirement.

i wonder if this means that vandervoort is suddenly no1 on the board for BC. If so and if hamilton is as interested as people assume it could yield a nice trade down package for us.

Vick? Human trash was a good way to put it. 

Gurley would have been nice but im not gonna lose sleep over it.