Around The League Off Season Discussion

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Pretty much a joke, right Noeller? Sask & MTl were supposed to be way over. In Montreal's case a half mill according to Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Gazette. The Riders had a taxi squad for their taxi squad. Just total BS. This audit is done in house, I believe. It should be done by an outside source in the interests of transparency & truth.

Absolutely disgusts me....

I seem to remember people saying the Riders were way under the cap before last season started after Jones dumped a bunch of salary.

And I like Zurkowski but did anyone else independent report that number other than him? Reporters can be wrong.

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

lol some goober on RF was whining because we have 87 players under contract and according to what the available copy of the CBA says, the maximum we're allowed is 85.

So I pointed out that the Riders currently have 89.

Now I'm "creating fake news" and "deflecting the spotlight"

:lol:

Did they accuse you of being in league with Dunk?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

lol some goober on RF was whining because we have 87 players under contract and according to what the available copy of the CBA says, the maximum we're allowed is 85.

So I pointed out that the Riders currently have 89.

Now I'm "creating fake news" and "deflecting the spotlight"

:lol:

Dont our drafted guys like butcher not count towards that? Guys who got drafted but went back to school. 

Either way I dont think the number of bodies in camp is a big deal. Its not a matter of a team getting a competitive edge or hiding guys from other teams.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Gray signs a deal with Packers with guaranteed money in form of signing bonus 

Ankou to Texans. Auclair to Bucs.

Did all three get cash deals, or is it futures deals / invites?

Certainly a blow to the draft but very much to be expect imop. 

From the following article, it looks like Craig Reynolds is shortening Jones leash

“We’ve talked about this internally and we don’t expect this to happen again,” the Riders’ president-CEO said. “We’ve addressed it and we have to turn the page and move forward.”

Since Jones took over, either he or the Roughriders have been fined a total of $116,500.

“Whenever you have things of this nature, it will have an impact on the brand — absolutely — and that’s the discussions we have,” Reynolds said. “Nothing is more important to us than our brand, and when you have something that negatively impacts the brand, as an organization you need to address it. Of course, as the CEO, I’m going to be disappointed about that.”

http://leaderpost.com/category/sports

30 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

From the following article, it looks like Craig Reynolds is shortening Jones leash

“We’ve talked about this internally and we don’t expect this to happen again,” the Riders’ president-CEO said. “We’ve addressed it and we have to turn the page and move forward.”

Since Jones took over, either he or the Roughriders have been fined a total of $116,500.

“Whenever you have things of this nature, it will have an impact on the brand — absolutely — and that’s the discussions we have,” Reynolds said. “Nothing is more important to us than our brand, and when you have something that negatively impacts the brand, as an organization you need to address it. Of course, as the CEO, I’m going to be disappointed about that.”

Does anyone thing Jones will care or change how he operates? His entire persona is **** the rules, I do what I want!

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Does anyone thing Jones will care or change how he operates? His entire persona is **** the rules, I do what I want!

He should care, I don't see anyone lining up to pay Jones $500,000 plus for 365 days of work.  The Rider board can cut their losses at any point they choose and not owe Jones a penny as they have plenty of ammo. for rightful dismissal.  If he broke league rules, he also broke rules stipulated in his contract.  If the Riders suck balls this year on the field, it's an option.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He should care, I don't see anyone lining up to pay Jones $500,000 plus for 365 days of work.  The Rider board can cut their losses at any point they choose and not owe Jones a penny as they have plenty of ammo. for rightful dismissal.  If he broke league rules, he also broke rules stipulated in his contract.  When the Riders suck balls this year on the field, it's an option.

Fixed that for you.

http://www.bclions.com/2017/04/30/bc-lions-mourn-loss-tracy-lasorsa-simon/

It is with deep and profound sadness the BC Lions Football Club today reports the passing of Tracy Lasorsa-Simon, wife of Geroy Simon, the club’s director of Canadian scouting.

“We are devastated at the news of Tracy’s passing and we ask that you keep the entire Simon family in your thoughts and prayers during this incredibly difficult time,” said VP of football operations, GM and head coach Wally Buono.

“Tracy has been part of the BC Lions family for more than a decade and her loss is heart-breaking for all of us.”

The Simon family has requested privacy at this time

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If I cost my company $116,500 I'd be fired & sued. Yet, that ain't happening. Things won't change. A leopard can't change his spots. Expect more of the same from Jones & lip service from Reynolds.