2017 CFL Draft order

Dascow

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe we use our first pick to trade for Franklin? Just a thought. Riders fans seem to think he'll be a Rider sooner than later. That's all they've talked about since Chris Jones got to Regina.

I am curious if Edmonton would let him go for a 1st rounder, but that being said, they probably lose him to FA after 2017 so maybe worth doing.  Reilly ain't going anywhere so Franklin won't be starting for awhile yet in Edmonton.

6 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

People talk about the Larks being a mess the Argos not only crapped the bed all the way from third to last in five weeks but lost their first round pick in the process.

I agree... but you've got to give Barker some credit for taking a risk and trying to go for it all, remember they host the Grey Cup this year and at the time the Willy trade happened, Ray was injured and the Argonauts were still very much so in the East Division playoff picture. I wonder how much of this trade was Milonovich singing Willy's praise and how much was the Argos needing to shake things up. As it stands right now though, it looks like it was a terrible move for the Argos - especially considering the Bombers were likely going to release Willy this off-season if they hadn't traded him.

41 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Hoo boy that would be a big middle finger to Nichols, bringing Franklin in ... JF has taken Nichols' job before.

Yeah, probably. Though Nichols is our starter as he earned it.  Jones just didn't care for Nichols in Edmonton. Nichols is more entrenched here as the starter than he ever was with the Eskimos. Franklin would be for the future. He'd have a better chance playing here long term than languishing behind Mike Reilly in Edmonton.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, probably. Though Nichols is our starter as he earned it.  Jones just didn't care for Nichols in Edmonton. Nichols is more entrenched here as the starter than he ever was with the Eskimos. Franklin would be for the future. He'd have a better chance playing here long term than languishing behind Mike Reilly in Edmonton.

Nichols was traded to Winnipeg for peanuts because Franklin was the superior player. Not for any other reason.

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd like to see us grab Danny Vandevoort.  We need a great Canadian receiver in the worst way...and he's a great football player too.  I think he'd fit really well here. 

Kohlert is overpaid and quite frankly not very good at this stage. We don't need a great Canadian receiver, just a decent one. If we re-sign Chung, we won't have to force ourselves to pick an OL first overall either. I would be on board to grab a play making receiver as well.

17 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Kohlert is overpaid and quite frankly not very good at this stage. We don't need a great Canadian receiver, just a decent one. If we re-sign Chung, we won't have to force ourselves to pick an OL first overall either. I would be on board to grab a play making receiver as well.

There should still be a good OL remaining at 9th when we get our real 1st round pick.  I would definitely support getting some more depth at National receiver.  I am tired of watching Kohlert play volleyball out there.