2017 CFL Draft order

Dascow

1 hour ago, Dascow said:

So now that Montreal has beaten Calgary, are the Bombers guaranteed at least the 2nd overall pick?

Yes. That guarantees at worst 2nd overall. The only we don't get first is if Toronto wins, and not both of Montreal and Saskatchewan win.

Edited by kcin94

38 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

What Montreal does is irrelevant, they can't  finish lower than Toronto or Saskatchewan because of the tie breakers. 

The only way we end up with the 2nd pick is if the Riders lose and the Argos win.

It is relevant (for us) since if there's a 3 way tie Ssk will end up with the first overall.

If only Ssk and Tor ends up with the tie, Tor (or Wpg) will end up with the first overall since Ssk holds the tie-breaker vs Tor. 

Yep.  Forgot that 3 way ties are broken differently.  

Montreal owns the tie breaker over both other teams individually but their head to head record is the 1st tie breaker if all 3 teams are tied.  Sask is 1-3 while Toronto is 2-2.

Probably irrelevant though.  The chances of both Toronto and Saskatchewan winning are pretty slim.

To add... IF WPG wins Friday... 

Both EDM (vs TOR) and BC (vs SSK) has still something to fight for so their games are not meaningless by any means. 

MTL vs HAM on the other hand could be a snooze fest since HAM is already secured to host the cross over team from the West. They will probably wont play Collaros the whole game and make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

To add... IF WPG wins Friday... 

Both EDM (vs TOR) and BC (vs SSK) has still something to fight for so their games are not meaningless by any means. 

MTL vs HAM on the other hand could be a snooze fest since HAM is already secured to host the cross over team from the West. They will probably wont play Collaros the whole game and make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. 

If we win Friday, what does Edmonton have to play for?

15 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

If we lose Edmonton might prefer to LOSE so they can go play in Hamilton for the ESF.

I don't see any reason the Esks will actually want to beat the Argos, aside from maybe arrogance.

They are defending Champs.  I'd imagine they, like BC and WPG , want to be in the west semi because they all want to beat Calgary in the West Final. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They are defending Champs.  I'd imagine they, like BC and WPG , want to be in the west semi because they all want to beat Calgary in the West Final. 

a caller on CJOB last night made a decent point,  one way or another Calgary will need to get beat. I think we'd have a better chance beating them at BMO then McMahon

When the Stamps play in the Western Final on Nov. 20, they will have had 20 days off and Bo Levi Mitchell will have not played in a game in 30 days. (Basically a month!)

If any anyone is going to catch the Stamps on a bad day, the Western Final would be the most likely day. 

I think the Bombers would have their best chance if they played the Stamps after such a long layoff instead of in the biggest game of the year in the Grey Cup.

Edited by Dascow

so back to the topic of the draft order, do we pick 1st?

Toronto looking like they're about to lose and finish with 5 wins, Sask if they lose is also at 5.

Week 2: Toronto 30 - Sask 17

Week 17: Sask 29 - Toronto 11

So they split the season series, but points are 46-41 for Sask, so in theory they finish ahead of Toronto in the overall standings, leaving Toronto last and us picking 1st?

On 11/1/2016 at 3:07 PM, Dascow said:

When the Stamps play in the Western Final on Nov. 20, they will have had 20 days off and Bo Levi Mitchell will have not played in a game in 30 days. (Basically a month!)

If any anyone is going to catch the Stamps on a bad day, the Western Final would be the most likely day. 

I think the Bombers would have their best chance if they played the Stamps after such a long layoff instead of in the biggest game of the year in the Grey Cup.

Add on top of that, it's well into November at that point - the weather could also play a factor as well. I think based on our D that might actually be an additional benefit to the Bombers. That said, B.C. first, whether it be at home or away.