2017 CFL Draft order

Dascow

montreal plays calgary, and hamilton. 

TO bandwagonmen plays edmonton

dirty old regina plays bc twice. 

Montreal vs calgary LOL. Hamilton is in the heat for first in the east while the blackriders  gades redblacks play us. I think montreal loses out gets the top pick which then goes to BC. Hamilton wins the east. 

No way the wally buono coached BC sucks lose 2 to dirty old regina. They might rest vets in the last game, so the crieders might win 1 game. 

I dont think Edm takes it easy on the tigernaughts. And even if they did half the CIS teams might beat these bandwagonmen. 

Race for the bottom finishes 1. messtreal 2. arblows 3. crieders. Jones trades a late season spark for a 2 spot drop in the draft, then realizes that 2 western teams that finished well ahead of them in the standings have the picks before them. And had stellar picks the previous year. And that calgary is still a thing. So they begin building again hoping for the division to capsize, or the cross over. 

47 minutes ago, Dascow said:

If the Riders, Als and Argos all end the season with 5 wins, what would the draft order be?

The Bombers have the Argos first pick and BC has the Als first pick so I am curious who would actually get the first overall pick.

In that case

1st pick - Saskatchewan

2nd pick - Us (Through Tor.)

3rd pick - BC (Through Montreal)

For them to all finish with 5 wins, Montreal would beat Saskatchewan and thus amoungst those teams, Montreal would be 3-1, Toronto would be 2-2 and Saskatchewan would be 1-3

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Als win this they will tie the Argos w/l record and I believe we get the first overall.

Yup

Tor beat Mtl 30-17 

Mtl beat Tor 38-11

Tor beat Ssk 30-17

Ssk beat Tor 29-11

Is that how ties for draft picks are decided? I have no clue, cant remember it happening. Better then flipping a coin xD

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Als win this they will tie the Argos w/l record and I believe we get the first overall.

Yup

Tor beat Mtl 30-17 

Mtl beat Tor 38-11

Tor beat Ssk 30-17

Ssk beat Tor 29-11

But Montreal beat Saskatchewan twice, and thus Sask's record is worst amoungst the 3 teams.

Edited by kcin94

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Is that how ties for draft picks are decided? I have no clue, cant remember it happening. Better then flipping a coin xD

I believe the draft order depends on how the teams finished in the standings. Incase of tie of the 3 way at the bottom Tor will end up last since it lose the tie breaker between Mtl and Ssk

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I believe the draft order depends on how the teams finished in the standings. Incase of tie of the 3 way at the bottom Tor will end up last since it lose the tie breaker between Mtl and Ssk

The first tiebreaker in a 3 way tie is record amoungst games involving the three teams, not pairwise tiebreakers.

its should go as such:  Argos (Bombers) 1st over all - they went 1-1 with Sask and sask beat them by +5  they went 1-1 with the Als with the als winning the series +14

Sask 2nd overall they lost both games to montreal

montreal (BC) 3rd over all having won the series both against TO and Sask

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

its should go as such:  Argos (Bombers) 1st over all - they went 1-1 with Sask and sask beat them by +5  they went 1-1 with the Als with the als winning the series +14

Sask 2nd overall they lost both games to montreal

montreal (BC) 3rd over all having won the series both against TO and Sask

http://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-tiebreak/

- has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
- has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,

Analysing them 2 by 2 is not how the tiebreak is determined.

19 hours ago, kcin94 said:

http://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-tiebreak/

- has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
- has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,

Analysing them 2 by 2 is not how the tiebreak is determined.

that's an interesting point, but why then do people always talk about the season series in regards to positioning? and does it have any affect on the draft?  that was about playoffs.   In my view of it, I imagined all 3 teams (argos, als and riders) finish 5-13 then looked at head to head , argos lost both series to them, sask lost the series to montreal,  so how does that not make Argo's 9th, Riders 8th, Als 7th?

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

that's an interesting point, but why then do people always talk about the season series in regards to positioning? and does it have any affect on the draft?  that was about playoffs.   In my view of it, I imagined all 3 teams (argos, als and riders) finish 5-13 then looked at head to head , argos lost both series to them, sask lost the series to montreal,  so how does that not make Argo's 9th, Riders 8th, Als 7th?

The season series counts in a situation where you tie a team, such as if we end up tied with the Lions. We won the season series, therefore we finish ahead of them in the standings.

In a three-way tie, it's cumulative. For example, if Winnipeg, BC, and Edmonton all end up tied with 11 wins. Our record in the cumulative season series would be 3-2 (Our record vs BC and Edmonton combined). Whereas BC's record would be 1-3, and Edmonton's would be 3-2.

After that, I believe it goes to points.

Edited by Jesse

On 10/23/2016 at 1:36 PM, Engelwood said:

I have a feeling that the riders will win the last game in Taylor Field next week.

^This^

A Rider win at home against the B.C. Lions would also help the Bombers secure a potential home playoff game. I don't often cheer for the Riders, but when I do, it's when they're out of the playoffs, in a meaningless game for them, with their winning improving the Bombers standings whilst simultaneously worsening their own draft standing (and improving ours).