GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg

Rich

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bombers need a big physical receiver - Dressler, Denmark and specially Smith are getting beat physically. 

If I'm the coach, I'll sit Smith next game and put it Mayo. 

Smith did not earn his keep tonight. We do not have a dominant receiver to take pressure off Dressler and Denmark.

Not sure what game ppl were watching. But it wasn't bowman or walker who did the most damage tonight. Perhaps stats wise but those mean little.  It was John White. Also Westerman is blatantly held on every other play and has been all season.  The reffing this game was very incompetent to the point of borderline favoritism.  Esks got away all night with the calls the bombers were getting. Esks were absolutely gifted 7 points. Can talk about not challenging it all you want... that call on Leggett shouldn't have even had to been. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Not sure what game ppl were watching. But it wasn't bowman or walker who did the most damage tonight. Perhaps stats wise but those mean little.  It was John White. Also Westerman is blatantly held on every other play and has been all season.  The reffing this game was very incompetent to the point of borderline favoritism.  Esks got away all night with the calls the bombers were getting. 

Its not the refs fault we couldnt tackle John White

Walters still have some work to do. 

Need a stud pass-rusher. 

Need a big physical receiver. 

Need to make a move to enable them to put both Harris and Flanders on the gameday roster. 

Richards is wasting a roster spot, imo. 

Wasting 2 DIs in LB. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

IMO lapo didnt help the cause with a s****y game plan from the get go. Flanders has been averaging almost 7 yards a carry over the last 2 games and he comes out chucking the ball all over the field. I would think you would want to hand it to your new found offensive weapon and keep the red hot Reilly off the field as much as possible.

Not to mention lapo's good old 4 yard out on 2nd and 8 is back! Jack***

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Walters still have some work to do. 

Need a stud pass-rusher. 

Need a big physical receiver. 

Need to make a move to enable them to put both Harris and Flanders on the gameday roster. 

Richards is wasting a roster spot, imo. 

Wasting 2 DIs in LB. 

They don't use the 1 rb enough as is. It'd be a waste to dress Flanders and Harris. 

Karmas a *****, that's all, we caught way too many breaks on the win streak to keep it going and tonight it just caught up to them.

Having said that though, the d-line is definitely not championship calibre and we still need a JC Sherrit of our own in the middle.

I still can't believe that we made two trades and never got immediate help at receiver, which this team desperately needs.

Smith is done, cut this guy please.

We have a stud pass rusher. But he's held on every other play.  

Richards? Seems like an odd thing to point out. 

I'd say what we actually need is a D coordinator who doesn't play soft coverage. Bottom line... our O was probably good enough to win tonight.  Our D tho was terrible. It's scheme for sure 

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They don't use the 1 rb enough as is. It'd be a waste to dress Flanders and Harris. 

Do what Calgary does with Messam & Harrison. They alternate in & out. Except Flanders is 3 times the RB Harrison is. But we'd need 8 Canadian starters to do that. I don't want Neufeld in for Hardrick or Hurl in for Wild or Bass. So, he'll sit when Harris returns.

Edited by iso_55

11 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Do what Calgary does with Messam & Harrison. They alternate in & out. Except Flanders is 3 times the RB Harrison is. But we'd need 8 Canadian starters to do that. I don't want Neufeld in for Hardrick or Hurl in for Wild or Bass. So, he'll sit when Harris returns.

The answer is Henoc Muamba - I dont care how much.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Another trade will break the chemistry in the locker room.

I guess the Willy trade is OK. The Adams trade kinda mess a bit in there.

I doubt it messed anything up at all. Team just wasn't very good tonight.  Lack of execution really. Not a lack of Adams or whatever he brought or didn't bring off the field. 

53 minutes ago, tracker said:

Cannot agree completely- the Bomber offense scored enough points to win most games, but had to play from behind once again due to Bowman eating the defensive backfield's lunch. And we had two plays that really sank us: Brigg's dumb penalty on the kick return TD that was called back, and the phantom PI call on Leggett what was far less egregious than the PI on Dressler in the 4th quarter.

You need to include Dressler fumbling the ball on the 2 yard line, that certainly didn't help.

31 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Karmas a *****, that's all, we caught way too many breaks on the win streak to keep it going and tonight it just caught up to them.

Having said that though, the d-line is definitely not championship calibre and we still need a JC Sherrit of our own in the middle.

I still can't believe that we made two trades and never got immediate help at receiver, which this team desperately needs.

Smith is done, cut this guy please.

Receivers are definitely under-performing as a group and they need to shake things up with some changes. Sending Dressler or Smith deep is a waste of a play as they seldom get in the clear and they usually lose position or get out-muscled for the ball.  More Mayo please.

What I don't understand is why we consistently try to throw the ball to Dressler in double or triple coverage. He makes the catch one on one but has had difficulty in double or more coverage not to mention the liability of an interception. What is wrong with Denmark? He seldom misses if it is catchable and can get behind coverage as well as Dressler if not better. I would like to know how many throws were aimed at Dressler and Smith tonight verse Denmark. Here is a guy who was cut because these other two were signed via free agency and the Bomber had to humbly come back to ask him to play for them again. What does he do? Merely leads or is close to leading the team in receptions.

And the other point about the passing  game as has been mentioned here earlier we are back to Lapo's rinkie dinkie passing game. If it controls the clock and we score points okay but when the other team has nearly a 10 time of possession on us then something has to change. And that isn't saying the defense doesn't need to step up. Had they last game we would have won. This game they were terrible in virtually every aspect; pressure, turnovers, coverages and tackling.

Back to square one.