GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg

Rich

8 hours ago, Stickem said:

I don't like to blame reffing for failure ..  BUT in this game it was atrocious....

The reffing was absolute garbage and it was garbage both ways and both coaches did the complete bullshit throw the flag for something just hoping there's an issue. That needs to be fixed by the CFL pretty damned quick cause it's a joke when something that happens completely away from a play can be reviewed and take the play off the board. Over reaction to one missed call in a playoff game and now we have to deal with horrible reviews because of it. 

I dunno who this ref was but I was less impressed with his crew this game than I was with the Bombers and that should say something. I ain't saying the Bombers lost because of the reffing, the Bombers were full marks for losing this game but it's hard to watch them lose AND watch the refs run around the field with their heads up their asses. 

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Hey what better time to pick up a leo cast-off....Maybe he'll bring their playbook with him....AND IF we reek the rest of the way, I wouldn't be too sure about Mike O's future here...Too many failing years will catch up no matter who you are...Then again maybe we'll extend him and give him a big raise similar to what Willie got.....Oh I'm such a cynic.lol

could always bring in Boldewijn for a cup of coffee. Might have a case of the dropsies but like thats ever stopped us from bringing in this type of receiver

10 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I was wondering how we'd react to the loss last week. Unfortunately, it wasn't the way I'd hoped. Last night's game was a huge step backwards. We showed some real spunk early in the 4th then it dissipated as quickly as it started. 

We have to learn to start playing at the opening kickoff and not take a play off until the end of the game. We can't rely on a bunch of take away's at this time of year, especially against the good teams. We simply can't allow other teams to run it down our throats like Edmonton did last night. We need to tighten up on the coverage. We could get away with it aginst backup QB's and bad teams, but allowing a bunch of catches against good QB's on good teams results in a lot of yards against and a lot of points scored on us. We have to stop taking so many penalties. We have to ignore the 7 game win streak and focus on this week's opponent... BC.

Okay, and just how do you propose we do these things?

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Hey what better time to pick up a leo cast-off....Maybe he'll bring their playbook with him....AND IF we reek the rest of the way, I wouldn't be too sure about Mike O's future here...Too many failing years will catch up no matter who you are...Then again maybe we'll extend him and give him a big raise similar to what Willie got.....Oh I'm such a cynic.lol

Naw ... a real cynic would say we'll extend him and give him a big raise similar to what Willie got and then we'll fire him when the **** show continues in 2017.

Team looks good - OShea still being outcoached, if Osh challenges Leggett's PI... maybe bombers win.

Lapo looking good, Nichols playing way better than I expected

Richie Hall is still Richie Hall - good DC as long as his D is full of overachieving all-stars.

Drew Willy definitely was the problem.

This team reminds me of the 2011 Grey Cup almosts.  At least its fun watching again.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, 17to85 said:

The reffing was absolute garbage and it was garbage both ways and both coaches did the complete bullshit throw the flag for something just hoping there's an issue. That needs to be fixed by the CFL pretty damned quick cause it's a joke when something that happens completely away from a play can be reviewed and take the play off the board. Over reaction to one missed call in a playoff game and now we have to deal with horrible reviews because of it. 

I dunno who this ref was but I was less impressed with his crew this game than I was with the Bombers and that should say something. I ain't saying the Bombers lost because of the reffing, the Bombers were full marks for losing this game but it's hard to watch them lose AND watch the refs run around the field with their heads up their asses. 

I don't blame the refs a lot either most times but the flags were so one sided in the Eskimos favour that it was nuts. The head ref looked clueless out there... I still don't get why MOS never challenged the Mo Leggett PI call.

12 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I don't blame the refs a lot either most times but the flags were so one sided in the Eskimos favour that it was nuts. The head ref looked clueless out there... I still don't get why MOS never challenged the Mo Leggett PI call.

Probably because no one called down to him to say challenge it. Isn't something like that Lapo's call to make? 

Mike O'Shea was a linebacker and doesn't have enough coaching experience dealing with a game from the offense perspective. He relies heavily on Lapo for that stuff.