Johnny Adams Trade to Ticats

Jpan85

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I guess Johnny Adams paid the price for not going after that fumble in #bombers loss. That and failing to cover receivers.

Hey #bombers, if you're gonna make trades, try getting some Cdn receivers who can start.

Easier said than done. Not going to get good starting Cdn receivers for a American db

1 minute ago, LeBird said:

MOS: Johnny, we're sitting you this week

Adams: Trade me

I doubt this was the case, more like dealing from an area of strength and getting a return on an asset that was going to walk at the end of the year for nothing. I will be honest, at the beginning of the year if you told me we were right in the thick of a playoff run and we were going to trade Johnny Adams, no way I would believe it but watching the season unfold this is just good asset management.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Surprised in the sense that I didn't see this coming. Upon reflection makes sense: being surpassed by Frederick, FA in February, NFL hopes.

Who is our depth at CB with Adams gone? I know Derek Jones in game but on the pr, is it Posey? Other?

CJ Roberts right now. I would imagine they bring in a guy to replace Adams on the roster whether it be the neg list player acquired or someone else.

1 minute ago, Nash00 said:

CJ Roberts right now. I would imagine they bring in a guy to replace Adams on the roster whether it be the neg list player acquired or someone else.

He's out for the year. I was ecstatic to see Fredrick get the nod over Adams, but I'm not sure I like the move to get rid of Adams in case something happens to Fredrick or Randle(both have already been hurt this year).

Hopefully the neg list player is worth it!

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

He's out for the year. I was ecstatic to see Fredrick get the nod over Adams, but I'm not sure I like the move to get rid of Adams in case something happens to Fredrick or Randle(both have already been hurt this year).

Hopefully the neg list player is worth it!

Ah, you`re right I forgot about his injury. We have Greenwood and Lewis on the PR right now, I guess one of them comes off to backfill?

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I guess Johnny Adams paid the price for not going after that fumble in #bombers loss. That and failing to cover receivers.

Hey #bombers, if you're gonna make trades, try getting some Cdn receivers who can start.

Bender's insights compare reasonably well to the "belligerent drunk" demographic of fans.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some unkind things said by scouts about this new WR.....

Weaknesses

Production took a dive in 2015 even when healthy. Route running is dull, lacking tight, crisp cuts. One-speed routes put cornerbacks at ease and allow them to crowd the routes. Needs to do better job with vertical sell to back defenders off. The struggle is real if he doesn't get clean release off line of scrimmage. Once defender gets into his chest, it is usually over. Hands have been consistently inconsistent with a drop rate of more than 11 percent for his career.

Draft Projection

Undrafted free agent

Sources Tell Us

"Don't like the hands, dont like routes and I don't think he plays as fast as his timed speed. He should be better than he was this year." -- NFC regional scout