Johnny Adams Trade to Ticats

Jpan85

1 minute ago, mbrg said:

They now give a grade out of 10 next to each draft pick on the NFL website, and provide a breakdown of each grade range.

Carson Wentz got a 6.5 out of ten.  So I looked at what 6.5 means.  Something along the lines of "NFL starter with potential All-Pro ability".

In my world, that's a 9.  A guy with All-Pro ability in the NFL scores a 6.5?  That is the best way of illustrating how overly negative those scouting reports are.  10 is reserved for the greatest player in NFL history apparently.  Aaron Rodgers wouldn't grade out as a 10 during his MVP season by those standards.

Peyton Manning's report probably said "appears to overthink things" as a knock on him.

Anyways, comments like "questionable                     " should always be followed by "compared to the greatest players in NFL history", since that's what they actually mean.

That grade is his over all but yeah, there numerical system is kinda funny. Like baseball. 99% of prospects are ranked low 60 high 50s number but the difference between a potential no 1 guy, a potential first round pick and a guy picked after the first 10 rounds. they score 30-80. 

But a scout who over blows a top pick like him loses his job when the guy is a miss. Even though you miss more then you hit. So they protect them selves by being understated on top guys. 

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Frederick's tackle attempt last night was atrocious.  The game was still in reach but he blew it.

as dragon said we suffered from chronic bad tacklers last night, even from our best tacklers. That said calgary racked some a ridiculous edge in TOP some thing like 15 minutes more then we had. And when defenders get tired, tackling is the first thing to go. Hes came up with a massive one on one tackle against toronto its not some thing that would be expected of him. Nor would the early missed tackle that got calgary a first down instead of punting by ian wild. 

No one player can have this loss pinned on them. We spotted calgary a 2 td lead and hardly showed up at all in the first half. You just cant do that. You know your playing flat when MOS pulls the team aside mid game to tear a strip off them. 

Fogg got beat like a red headed step child, and really none of our dbs looked good. Not even mo. I think its coaching. How you start the game is a huge portion coaching and preparation. Its some thing that mos can learn and improve on though. But this junk of they are pros they are allways prepared and play hard has to go out the window. Even he now has to see that simply isnt the case. 

50 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

as dragon said we suffered from chronic bad tacklers last night, even from our best tacklers. That said calgary racked some a ridiculous edge in TOP some thing like 15 minutes more then we had. And when defenders get tired, tackling is the first thing to go. Hes came up with a massive one on one tackle against toronto its not some thing that would be expected of him. Nor would the early missed tackle that got calgary a first down instead of punting by ian wild. 

No one player can have this loss pinned on them. We spotted calgary a 2 td lead and hardly showed up at all in the first half. You just cant do that. You know your playing flat when MOS pulls the team aside mid game to tear a strip off them. 

Fogg got beat like a red headed step child, and really none of our dbs looked good. Not even mo. I think its coaching. How you start the game is a huge portion coaching and preparation. Its some thing that mos can learn and improve on though. But this junk of they are pros they are aways prepared and play hard has to go out the window. Even he now has to see that simply isn't the case. 

And now we are speculating whether O'Shea will be given a fourth year to learn what he still seems to have problems with.

17 minutes ago, tracker said:

And now we are speculating whether O'Shea will be given a fourth year to learn what he still seems to have problems with.

We can't get rid of O'Shea. Who are we going to replace him with? The good CFL coaches are taken. Besides, he's Walters' buddy and Walters would never turf him even if a good coach was available. Besides2, Miller, Walters, and O'Shea are tight and heavily committed to each other, aren't they?

2 hours ago, tracker said:

I think its as simple as he makes the play offs he keeps his job he misses and he doesnt. And despite the last two games I think we make the play offs. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Fogg got beat like a red headed step child, and really none of our dbs looked good. Not even mo. I think its coaching. How you start the game is a huge portion coaching and preparation. Its some thing that mos can learn and improve on though. But this junk of they are pros they are allways prepared and play hard has to go out the window. Even he now has to see that simply isnt the case. 

On coke? Your facts are worse than Trumps. 

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think its as simple as he makes the play offs he keeps his job he misses and he doesnt. And despite the last two games I think we make the play offs. 

We are probably going to make the playoffs if for no other reason than the eastern teams being so bad, but if we back into the playoffs with a 1 and 3 final record and look bad in losing in the first round, I would not assume O'Shea is safe,

This year's team is completely puzzling. First a truly stinky heartless bunch with just a few players appearing to be trying hard, then the streak, and now back to the first style.

On the other hand  they were a couple of stops from beating Calgary, and maybe that loss was bad play calling at the end.

anyway, it must drive the coaches nuts.

23 minutes ago, Mark F said:

This year's team is completely puzzling. First a truly stinky heartless bunch with just a few players appearing to be trying hard, then the streak, and now back to the first style.

On the other hand  they were a couple of stops from beating Calgary, and maybe that loss was bad play calling at the end.

anyway, it must drive the coaches nuts.

Or, to put it another way.... Lose to good teams. Win against bad teams and back QB's. Lose to good teams. The Bombers this year are better than Regina/Montreal and better than Toronto without Ray. We are also better than the last 4 years of Bomber teams. 

But isn't that back-assward thinking?

Aren't they the so called bad teams because we had a hand in beating them? Wouldn't we be the bad team if we didn't beat them? Don't they look upon us as being one of the better teams..because we beat them?

We are an 8-6 team because we've won 8 games and lost 6.

We are our record. Seems about right to me.

14 hours ago, Rod Black said:

On coke? Your facts are worse than Trumps. 

while you offer none, and no counter points only none sequiturs and ad hominems. :rolleyes::lol:

5 hours ago, tracker said:

We are probably going to make the playoffs if for no other reason than the eastern teams being so bad, but if we back into the playoffs with a 1 and 3 final record and look bad in losing in the first round, I would not assume O'Shea is safe,

Probably are going to back into the play offs at worse. And I believe that wade will extend mos and walters. Should he? Thats not so easy. 

49 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Wbbfan, so your saying it was I ntentional that you wrote about us playing Calgary on Friday night?

I think for the most part he's a guy that likes to think he knows way more than he actually does. Not a shot at him but at the same time.... he does come across as truly thinking he knows more than everyone else 

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think for the most part he's a guy that likes to think he knows way more than he actually does. Not a shot at him but at the same time.... he does come across as truly thinking he knows more than everyone else 

Thanks for clarifying Goalie. Now I understand.