Making the league look bad: item #2837

do or die

3 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And to weigh in on the stamps and bomber fan. I was a leafs fan (yes you can go ahead and feel free to laugh at me) through the early 90s. Loved them. Then moved to Winnipeg in 05. I said I would jump ship only if the jets got a team back. Now I'm a Jets fan because I can follow the team and go watch games and it's easy to support them. I still quietly cheer for the leafs deep down inside and wouldn't be sad at all if they won a cup (never gonna happen) but when they are in town I want the Jets to crush them! This doesn't make me any less of a Jets fan. 

Leafs fan in the Darryl Sittler/Lanny McDonald/Ian Turnbull/Mike Palmateer era.  Then the Jets joined the NHL.  Bye bye Leafs.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

You moved to Calgary and became a Stamps fan. That's the end of it, right there. I can never forgive someone for taking on another team as their team...you don't get to have 2. If you're not with us 100%, you're against us. You're a Stamps fan....period.

Yawn.....I'm not wrong, I know that....

Classic Iso....just awesome. Iso, I don't consider you a Bombers fan....that's fine...just live with it. You don't have to care...that's completely fine.

Internet messageboard rage is the best kind of rage.....especially when you're an old man. I get it when it's a 20 year old kid.....but seriously people, it's the internet.....

Sounds like we've run our course here, gang....let's lock 'er up and keep Iso from a full-on heart a-jack....

You are a tool.   You call out another forum member that consistency adds to the discussion that many people are enjoying for likely another team.... He says he is a bomber fan, and yet you say he isn't because he moved away and likes the stamps while loving the bombers.

then you continue your tirade and ignore a challenge from said poster and try to deflect his defence  of your accusations and try to play it off that we should all let it go for iso's health ,when really it's just you attacking him and failing to accept what you did.  sounds like you are in your teens and shoot your mouth off when in person you probably wouldn't say ****.  

Its an Internet forum with a close knit community.  It's not like this is reddit where people are using throw away accounts and blasting off on people or threads for **** and giggles.

sure sounds like he meets the definition of a fan as he cheers for the team over the city his lives in, drives Ina for a game or two (1300km drive) and buys merchandise.   The idea that someon can only enjoy watching or cheering for a single team is ********.

I've long maintained that I always cheer for the Stamps as my "second team"... my dad was from Calgary and although he was a huge Bomber fan usually jumped on the Stamps bandwagon if the Bombers were out... that being said... the joy, pain, anger, stress I feel while watching a Bomber game is not even remotely close to being matched by watching a Stamps game... and if they play each other, I'll gladly curse out Dickensen, BLM and Messam... because there's no team I hate more than the team playing the Bombers... doesn't mean I can't tolerate another team in a non-Bomber game...

Another factor is over the past 10 or so year... we were never even in competition with the Stamps, so it made no difference in the standings... maybe next year I'll learn to hate them as we battle for first place ;)

My first favourite team is the Bombers.  Second favourite is the REDBLACKS.  Third favourite is the Stamps.  Fourth favourite is the Lions.  Fifth favourite is the Alouettes.  Sixth favourite is the Argos.  Seventh favourite is the Esks.

I don't like the Ticats or the Riders.

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

My first favourite team is the Bombers.  Second favourite is the REDBLACKS.  Third favourite is the Stamps.  Fourth favourite is the Lions.  Fifth favourite is the Alouettes.  Sixth favourite is the Argos.  Seventh favourite is the Esks.

I don't like the Ticats or the Riders.

i strongly dislike the riders and their fanbase.   I love the bombers, because that is my team, but i enjoy watching the other games and tend to cheer for the team that helps us out in the standings, or failing that, is currently losing the game. .

Moving to another city didn't make me a fan of my new home team. If anything, it made me more of a Bomber fan as I felt like I had to stand up for them. I've had season tickets in Winnipeg, Calgary and BC. I've been to 8 GC's and I've seen the Bombers win and lose GC's in person. I totally understand ISO's anger in being called out as a Calgary first fan. I'd be pissed too.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Moving to another city didn't make me a fan of my new home team. If anything, it made me more of a Bomber fan as I felt like I had to stand up for them. I've had season tickets in Winnipeg, Calgary and BC. I've been to 8 GC's and I've seen the Bombers win and lose GC's in person. I totally understand ISO's anger in being called out as a Calgary first fan. I'd be pissed too.

I think anyone would be.. Its a personal attack for no real reason.   Its noeller being a troll and then trying to deflect what he did.  Instead of owning up to it he tries to make iso sound crazy.  Iso may be crazy, i don't know, but not because he likes another team while being a bomber fan. 

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I've lived in Winnipeg my whole life and now that I work for a local company I don't imagine moving by time soon...  I've always thought if I lived in another CFL city, I would probably buy season tickets to that team (yes, even regina)... not that I would necessarily cheer for said team... more just to enjoy a CFL game and cheer for the Bombers when they were in town... 

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I've lived in Winnipeg my whole life and now that I work for a local company I don't imagine moving by time soon...  I've always thought if I lived in another CFL city, I would probably buy season tickets to that team (yes, even regina)... not that I would necessarily cheer for said team... more just to enjoy a CFL game and cheer for the Bombers when they were in town... 

yeah I have contemplated buying stamps season tickets a bunch and likely would have if my job didn't involve a lot of time out of town unable to use tickets. I just like football and the CFL that much that I'd go watch any game. A night at the football stadium watching football is still a pretty damned good night. 

On September 7, 2016 at 8:45 AM, lyin' guy said:

they are wound up tighter than skin on a weiner 

Man! I have to remember to use this some day. Instant classic!

I spent far too long reading the thread over there about the PI call on Dressler. What a mess that was. I'm sure I would have been banned if I posted that the Adams call was definitely not PI and the Cox was and the refs have been really consistent on such calls. (BTW the ref on the backside of the Cox PI had perfect view of the hand fighting and was pulling out his flag as they went down.)

On 9/8/2016 at 8:33 AM, 17to85 said:

. I just like football and the CFL that much that I'd go watch any game. A night at the football stadium watching football is still a pretty damned good night. 

you should tell the people in BC and Toronto this as they don't seem to be getting the message.

On 9/8/2016 at 7:45 AM, TBURGESS said:

same experience living in Kelowna.  I wear my Jets and Bomber gear all the time here, and its amazing how many Winnipeggers and others make comments or even high-five me as I'm walking around.  It would have been easy to just become a Lions fan (though I think there are more Rider and Bomber fans here than Lions fans) and be done with it, but no one who is a true fan and grew up with the Bombers could ever do this, which is why I totally understand where Iso is coming from.

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

My favorite team is the Bombers.  The only way I could have a second favorite team is if the Vikings decided to join the CFL.

This, only for me, it's Denver.

Although, I would be willing to support an Atlantic team if it came. Obviously, I would not cheer for them though, and I would NOT use them as a bandwagon for when the Riders play bad. But I do think that it would be great for the maritimes and for the league, and I would wish them success, and would probably try to make it to some games.

On 9/7/2016 at 0:43 AM, Arnold_Palmer said:

sigh* the riders forum. One poster seems to think they'll run the table and finish 9-9. Another poster thinks they'll beat us by two touchdowns in Winnipeg. 6 wins since September 2014 and still no humility. 

This is what we call "Rider Math". Always happens sometime in the second half of the season when certain fans have outlandish hope :lol: .