Predictions For The 2nd Half

wbbfan

Picks for how the rest of the season will play out. For the team and players as you see fit.

record 11-7. 

most outstanding player. Andrew harris. His blocking, clutch runs, great catching out of the back field and running at times with a struggling OL. Hes done every thing you could ask for.

Lineman Stanley bryant. The ol has been up and down, but hes allways steady. Even in some games where the OL played its worst he managed some strong plays. 

canadian Harris again.

defense A hard one. Lots of guys should be in the running, but Mo leggett has been clutch, and steady. his lapses are very few and far between. 

teams Justin medlock. The split in touches with fogg and mcduffie will make the best kicker in the league an easy choice. 

rookie Taylor loffler. Slam dunk,

Random predictions. 

No wr with over 1k yards receiving. 

Andrew harris combines for over 2k yards from the line of scrimmage. 

Ian wild leads the league in tackles. 

Fogg and leggett finish 1 and 2 in interceptions .

Nichols finishes with 2500 yards, 65% completion, 6 picks 16 tds. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Picks for how the rest of the season will play out. For the team and players as you see fit.

record 11-7. 

most outstanding player. Andrew harris. His blocking, clutch runs, great catching out of the back field and running at times with a struggling OL. Hes done every thing you could ask for.

Lineman Stanley bryant. The ol has been up and down, but hes allways steady. Even in some games where the OL played its worst he managed some strong plays. 

canadian Harris again.

defense A hard one. Lots of guys should be in the running, but Mo leggett has been clutch, and steady. his lapses are very few and far between. 

teams Justin medlock. The split in touches with fogg and mcduffie will make the best kicker in the league an easy choice. 

rookie Taylor loffler. Slam dunk,

Random predictions. 

No wr with over 1k yards receiving. 

Andrew harris combines for over 2k yards from the line of scrimmage. 

Ian wild leads the league in tackles. 

Fogg and leggett finish 1 and 2 in interceptions .

Nichols finishes with 2500 yards, 65% completion, 6 picks 16 tds. 

Slam dunk over Kevin Fogg? Really...?

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Slam dunk over Kevin Fogg? Really...?

Was just gonna say that. I don't think you can go wrong with either at this point but there's a lot of football left and some big games coming up. If anyone voting for these things gave two **** about o-line play then Bond could be a consideration but we all know that's a waste.

Can't argue much of what wbb said though, the random predictions seems pretty close to what we can expect. I'll say we go 10-8 though.

Just now, Nash00 said:

Was just gonna say that. I don't think you can go wrong with either at this point but there's a lot of football left and some big games coming up. If anyone voting for these things gave two **** about o-line play then Bond could be a consideration but we all know that's a waste.

Can't argue much of what wbb said though, the random predictions seems pretty close to what we can expect. I'll say we go 10-8 though.

Bond has certainly been a key in the OL turn around. No question. Ol award generally goes to a guy like that, the veteran long time dominant ol over a young buck. It is a small sample size, part of a half of the season. If bond plays like he has for the rest of the year or close to it, he would certainly be deserving and in the running for rookie of the year. Though guys who make a visible impact are tough to beat. 

Just now, Nash00 said:

He never started a regular season game so he does qualify.

mmm i see that. He certainly has a great effect on the defense and special teams. That would certainly make it a whole lot tougher. Hes certainly more of a play maker. In that case I imagine he would be favored over loffler. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fogg has been talked about in national media circles as a potential all-league ROTY going back weeks now.....

I dont watch or listen to much media or news. ):

19 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Bond should also be in the running for an Academy Award nomination based on his performance last game.

Not sure I see 11 wins this season. Gotta wonder where the 6 wins come from. They play the following:

Riders

Riders

Argos

Stamps

Esks

Lions

Lions

Redblacks

Redblacks

They should be able to beat the Riders both games but I wouldn't count on the LDC as a guarantee. So if they split against the Riders, Lions and Redblacks and manage wins against Esks and Argos that's 10 wins. Which would be a huge improvement over last year and would be a lock on playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not sure I see 11 wins this season. Gotta wonder where the 6 wins come from. They play the following:

Riders

Riders

Argos

Stamps

Esks

Lions

Lions

Redblacks

Redblacks

They should be able to beat the Riders both games but I wouldn't count on the LDC as a guarantee. So if they split against the Riders, Lions and Redblacks and manage wins against Esks and Argos that's 10 wins. Which would be a huge improvement over last year and would be a lock on playoffs. 

2 against the riders 1 lions 1 redblacks. 2 of argos stamps esks and the 2nd games against leos redblacks. I think we take the 2nd game against the argos, and one of the rest. Probably the esks. I like how our O and D match up against theirs.  my 2 c

I honestly think we lock up a home playoff spot for west semis. win it. 

Go on down to Calgary afterwards and lay the lumber to the stumps in a one-sided affair and then go for Grey.

Who shows up to tango in the big dance doesn't matter- we take em out and Hoist the Cup at the end of the 2016 season.

A large part of it comes from the fact we will be constantly underestimated. No one is going to take us as a  serious contender.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Go on down to Calgary afterwards and lay the lumber to the stumps in a one-sided affair and then go for Grey.

Who shows up to tango in the big dance doesn't matter- we take em out and Hoist the Cup at the end of the 2016 season.

A large part of it comes from the fact we will be constantly underestimated. No one is going to take us as a  serious contender.

I actually see us in the cross over narrowly. A home play off game sure would be great though. 

I think Edmonton crosses over, they've not been dominant in their wins. 

Hamilton wins the East, Ottawa finishes second, TO and MTL both miss the playoffs. 

Winnipeg and BC battle for second with the back to back games getting split. 

BC has TO, MTL, EDM, OTT, WPG, WPG, EDM, SSK, SSK

I predict they lose to one of TO or MTL in an upset, beat EDM, lose to OTT, split with us, lose to EDM, sweep SSK. So BC finishes with 11 wins and I think we will as well. Comes down to points when the dust settles. Hopefully our defence gives Jennings fits as despite his solid play, he has been prone to being impatient and a bit trigger happy. 

13 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I'd say you're more than a wannabe with this prediction... ;)

15 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

@ Riders L (I can't be confident in a win here until I see it)

v Riders W

v Argos W

@ Stamps W (I don't know, why not??)

v Esks W

v Lions L

@ Lions W

v Redblacks W

@Redblacks L

I don't think 6 is a huge stretch... certainly not impossible... winning in Calgary might be ambitious... but then again maybe we'll actually win in regina for once...

What's going to tell me a lot is how they respond to a loss. As has been said on this site over and over, this team is driven by momentum, both good and bad. Right now they're riding a wave...but they can't possibly win out the rest of the season. At some point they're going to lose a game. How do they respond to that? That's really what I'd like to know (although, if they wanted to win out the season and make it a moo point, then I'm cool with that, too...)

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I don't think 6 is a huge stretch... certainly not impossible... winning in Calgary might be ambitious... but then again maybe we'll actually win in regina for once...

If you look at it objectively there is no way we should lose on Sunday, anyone who didn't know the recent history of futility on Labour Day would look at this game and say Winnipeg wins going away. The good thing is most of the players on our team are new to the rivalry and don't have the last decade plus of losses hanging on their heads.

But until the final whistle blows on Sunday, I'll hold my breath.

24 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

If you look at it objectively there is no way we should lose on Sunday, anyone who didn't know the recent history of futility on Labour Day would look at this game and say Winnipeg wins going away. The good thing is most of the players on our team are new to the rivalry and don't have the last decade plus of losses hanging on their heads.

But until the final whistle blows on Sunday, I'll hold my breath.

Would you like me to call the ambulance now or after the game? That's a long time to hold ones breath....

In my opinion what bomber teams of the past have or haven't done in Regina on labour day is irrelevant. Because how many guys on the current team was involved in those. Not many. Bombers are a better team with a better D and special teams. I honestly feel like the Bombers are not only gonna win this Sunday but I think that a blowout is very very very very very very very very very possible also. I think Sask has an awful D and I think putting up over 30 on teams who are better than Sask means Bombers could hit 50. Ya bold but 55 to 12 is my guess. Ass a wooping 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

In my opinion what bomber teams of the past have or haven't done in Regina on labour day is irrelevant. Because how many guys on the current team was involved in those. Not many. Bombers are a better team with a better D and special teams. I honestly feel like the Bombers are not only gonna win this Sunday but I think that a blowout is very very very very very very very very very possible also. I think Sask has an awful D and I think putting up over 30 on teams who are better than Sask means Bombers could hit 50. Ya bold but 55 to 12 is my guess. Ass a wooping 

Could make an argument that our O is better too.

QB - slight edge to Saskatchewan
HB - Winnipeg by a landslide
WR - Winnipeg - outside of Roosevelt, who do they have? Adams locked down Carter so no reason tot hink we can't do the same to Roosevelt.
OL - Winnipeg. This one ain't close either.