9 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

As much as I would've loved to see the Riders get blown out here - it's probably a good thing they lost to EDM by so little, it'll hopefully help keep the egos of Bomber players in check and prevent them from underestimating next weeks game at Mosaic.

All I wanted was for the Riders to think they're on the right track....don't change anything.. If they got pumped by 50 again, they mighta made some drastic changes and got a dead cat bounce against us (YET AGAIN!) next week. They played just well enough last night to think "...hey, we're getting closer...just keep going..." and that's fine by me. Go in there next week and punch em right in the mouth.

I did something I have never done before. I watched this game with the riderfans game thread in front of me. It was more entertaining then the game itself. That first half implosion had even the biggest Chris Jones Kool aid drinking green Goggle wearing fan boy calling for his head. It was awesome stuff. However with the second half comeback the delusions  "of we are so close" "I believe in Jones" reappeared. The one guy that suggested maybe  the Esks came out cold after half time was threatened by many of being a troll and getting banned.

Edited by MyDogHasScheifeles

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ripper told me today on Riderfans.com that he'd rather have Holley and Collins than any one of Denmark, Smith or Dressler.

:lol::lol::lol:

A better person to ask that question about receivers would be Darian Durant. I'm thinking it would be a tad different from Rippers.

26 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I want to see Chris Jones tell MOS to win with some class next Sunday and the following Saturday.

I want us to run up the score on them back to back weeks, have Jones get right fired up and get in MOS grill, and then have MOS just go off on him. Beat his ass. I would get a MOS Bombers jersey...straight up, don't even care....if we could somehow get MOS tuning in Jones on TV.... #WouldPayAnythingToSeeIt

Last night showed that Edmonton still hasn't fixed their defense. They'll win a bunch of games on offense alone, especially now that they've added a running attack, but that defense is still a long way off. They also need to learn the killer instinct. Put the boots to them so to speak.

The Riders looked bad for the first half, but actually won the 2nd half 22-11 and made it interesting till the end. Kinda reminded me of us when we'd put up a bunch of meaningless points until the other team woke up and put us down. The Riders need to beat us and Edmonton to get into the playoff picture. I don't see them being able to do either.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Last night showed that Edmonton still hasn't fixed their defense. They'll win a bunch of games on offense alone, especially now that they've added a running attack, but that defense is still a long way off. They also need to learn the killer instinct. Put the boots to them so to speak.

The Riders looked bad for the first half, but actually won the 2nd half 22-11 and made it interesting till the end. Kinda reminded me of us when we'd put up a bunch of meaningless points until the other team woke up and put us down. The Riders need to beat us and Edmonton to get into the playoff picture. I don't see them being able to do either.

Not sure the Esks have really added a running attack. The Riders DE's were so horrible last night, especially Capicotti. Constantly abandoning the end and allowing Reilly and Bell the outside was a absolute killer for us. Credit to them for taking advantage of a glaring hole but I'd like to see them do it against someone better than us before I give them too much credit. We have made a few teams look good already this year.

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Its true. Want to debate it over here now?

I don't want to debate it at all because it's such a ridiculous premise that it doesn't even warrant discussing.

You wanna talk about developing a younger player and how that fits your rebuild better? Great, Ryan Smith has more experience, is better and is very close to the same age (younger than Holley, older than Collins)

Veteran presence that your team is sorely lacking? Clarence Denmark or Weston Dressler

Oh and I guess the fact that their production is better too makes them better options.

What's to debate? I'd be curious to hear if Durant would rather have Collins or Dressler. Then again, I already know the answer.

The riders receiver are unknown.  They are no more the future then mayo and Richards :). They look,okay but aren't consistent and could just as easily flop.

smith and dressier are. Hilt for the now and future.   The cuter in football is 2-3 years and they were playing well before being injured.  So.  I don't see why the riders would rather have unknown, unflattering receivers vs consistently good/great receivers in smith and dresser and Denmark?   Please. 

We we said the same thing about out under performing online and recievers for the past few years.  It's best to accept what you have, it's easier to deal with next week.

riders win the LDC which will stop the bleeding for a week and then return to sucking the rest of year.   I don't think you can cut half your team and expect a winning record.

To weigh in on Dressler and Smith - they're too small IMO - how many games have they played so far this season? Though I do like Smith - I think once healthy he'll be a real threat - Dresslers' best days are long behind him though. He needs the ball a lot to be really effective and every time he gets hit now I think to myself "is he going to get up". I believe it was his second game for the bombers too where Willy had him deep, and threw a very nice pass. Problem was the DB was 6'0 and Dressler is 5' 7" - no contest DB easily knocked the ball away. Dressler is more of a 'wide open' guy he won't win many battles. I'd like to see Smith back of course but IMO I'd rather see Denmark in there over Dressler. 

As for the thread topic - yup - Eskie's defense is getting better but are still a shadow of the old one. Nice comment on Willis though.  Willis and his stupid, shelfish 'swaggerville' in Wpg. How embarrassing. Nice to see he's grown up - and ADMITTED IT  (he's even embarrarssed by that schtick as he should be). Never liked 'swaggerville'. But I find Willis this year seems to be a step behind. In the first half he had Durant and Durant outran him then overpowered another Esk for a first down (Durant is a monster no doubt about it) - Willis probably catches him even last year. I think this could be Willis' last year in the league unless he has a nagging undisclosed injury

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

They've lost the season series to Edmonton now.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

How is Smith not built for the future?

How much of a future is he really going to have? Serious questions about his ability to stay healthy. Hasn't shown anything this year other than he can catch the ball when he doesn't see it coming.

6 minutes ago, KptKrunch said:

To weigh in on Dressler and Smith - they're too small IMO - how many games have they played so far this season? Though I do like Smith - I think once healthy he'll be a real threat - Dresslers' best days are long behind him though. He needs the ball a lot to be really effective and every time he gets hit now I think to myself "is he going to get up". I believe it was his second game for the bombers too where Willy had him deep, and threw a very nice pass. Problem was the DB was 6'0 and Dressler is 5' 7" - no contest DB easily knocked the ball away. Dressler is more of a 'wide open' guy he won't win many battles. I'd like to see Smith back of course but IMO I'd rather see Denmark in there over Dressler. 

As for the thread topic - yup - Eskie's defense is getting better but are still a shadow of the old one. Nice comment on Willis though.  Willis and his stupid, shelfish 'swaggerville' in Wpg. How embarrassing. Nice to see he's grown up - and ADMITTED IT  (he's even embarrarssed by that schtick as he should be). Never liked 'swaggerville'. But I find Willis this year seems to be a step behind. In the first half he had Durant and Durant outran him then overpowered another Esk for a first down (Durant is a monster no doubt about it) - Willis probably catches him even last year. I think this could be Willis' last year in the league unless he has a nagging undisclosed injury

Too small to play for your 1-8 team. Seems you've improved so much since you guys released them!

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How much of a future is he really going to have? Serious questions about his ability to stay healthy. Hasn't shown anything this year other than he can catch the ball when he doesn't see it coming.

Serious questions about the future of your players going in & out of the lineup on the whim of a desperate head coach with no answers.

Just now, iso_55 said:

Serious questions about the future of your players going in & out of the lineup on the whim of a desperate head coach with no answers.

It's ok they probably have an extra 20-30 guys not on the roster practicing in Regina right now.

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You do realize everyone in the CFL has serious questions about their something or other, right? That's why they're here.

If you think Smith hasn't shown anything this year, it pretty much tells me you haven't been watching the games he's played in. It's not his fault he was playing with a QB who couldn't do anything with the fact that Smith was getting open downfield basically whenever he felt like it.

Just now, LimJahey said:

It's ok they probably have an extra 20-30 guys not on the roster practicing in Regina right now.

Story going around the CFL will come down hard on the Riders in the off season for cheating. More fines & even loss of a 1st round draft pick.