16 minutes ago, Mike said:

You do realize everyone in the CFL has serious questions about their something or other, right? That's why they're here.

If you think Smith hasn't shown anything this year, it pretty much tells me you haven't been watching the games he's played in. It's not his fault he was playing with a QB who couldn't do anything with the fact that Smith was getting open downfield basically whenever he felt like it.

If you are saying the concussions he has had are not a health concern, you are kidding yourself. Obviously every single player in the cfl is here because he isn't good enough for the nfl or was over looked on draft day.  Getting open whenever he feels like it??  Wow he must be  a hell of a player, good thing you guys scooped him up

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Must suck when a qb from another team outs your million dollar executive team for cheating.

I'll assume you are kidding or playing silly bugger. Everyone knows the league had been to Regina to investigate the Riders weeks before Mitchell opened his mouth.

25 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Story going around the CFL will come down hard on the Riders in the off season for cheating. More fines & even loss of a 1st round draft pick.

Any sources reporting on this other than an anonymous caller to a post Game show the other week? I want it to be true so much.

Edited by yogi

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

We are struggling because Dressler is gone?  Great insight there

If only it was that simple.  The lesson learned should be not to assume the previous regime were complete morons and dispose of an entire team in one fell swoop.  If they would have inserted some key personnel into the lineup and continued to upgrade as the season progressed they would probably be in the playoff race along side of the Bombers.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

34 minutes ago, Ripper said:

If you are saying the concussions he has had are not a health concern, you are kidding yourself. Obviously every single player in the cfl is here because he isn't good enough for the nfl or was over looked on draft day.  Getting open whenever he feels like it??  Wow he must be  a hell of a player, good thing you guys scooped him up

You're losing it Ripper.

Not as much as the Riders. But you're losing it.

Perfect example of why you don't ever lay off an opponent. Esks layed off. It almost cost them. The game wasn't as close as the score 

In my opinion if you can win 70 to nothing then you win 70 nothing. You don't lay off cuz you have a lead. 

Edited by Goalie

From what I saw the Riders offense is purely Roosevelt and if any team were to shut him down... they really have nothing else to offer.

The Riders defense...  I would run the whole game on them.  They could not tackle or stop the run for shite.  Absolutely brutal stuff from them.

The team definitely had a defeated look to them in the first half... Edmonton could of and should of absolutely smoked them.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

From what I saw the Riders offense is purely Roosevelt and if any team were to shut him down... they really have nothing else to offer.

The Riders defense...  I would run the whole game on them.  They could not tackle or stop the run for shite.  Absolutely brutal stuff from them.

The team definitely had a defeated look to them in the first half... Edmonton could of and should of absolutely smoked them.

And it says something sad about the current state of affairs in Edmonton that they didn't bury the Riders in the second half.

37 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hopefully Harris rolls for 200 all purpose against them next week.

On 26/08/2016 at 10:45 PM, Eternal optimist said:

I have two favorite teams every week in the CFL:

1. As always, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

2. Whatever team beats the Riders.

Ha ha. Just like how I cheer for the Jets and whatever team is playing the Habs. :lol:

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Have to laugh, I passed through MJ a couple of weeks back and saw two athletic black guys dressed in matching sweat gear walking down the street.  The thought did cross my mind.

It was them, don't tell anybody, ok?

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, Jesse said:

Hopefully Harris rolls for 200 all purpose against them next week.

Should be no reason why it can't happen. A shooting star team, well coached like you guys, against a no good bunch of cheaters.  I like the matchup.  I like our chances.  Safe travels to any of you coming down.

25 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Should be no reason why it can't happen. A shooting star team, well coached like you guys, against a no good bunch of cheaters.  I like the matchup.  I like our chances.  Safe travels to any of you coming down.

I admire your optimism. And the meds you are on are......?

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

I admire your optimism. And the meds you are on are......?

Optimism is what keeps us going as fans. This week is a big game, We'll see if the Bombers are for real or not. We'll see if the second half last week for the Riders was a fluke or the beginning of something

17 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Optimism is what keeps us going as fans. This week is a big game, We'll see if the Bombers are for real or not. We'll see if the second half last week for the Riders was a fluke or the beginning of something

17 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I see the Riders in a worse position than the Bombers were last year at this time. Both teams struggling, but the Bombers did not have the combination circus/dumpster fire going on all around them, as is the case with the Riders now. At least last year we had hope that things would get better, but I am not sure the is the case for Rider fans this season.