Question about Rod Pederson vs other media

I'd agree that Lawless has emerged as a credible source for information that can be backed up by facts. He was iffy to start, but has inflated his credibility enormously. (did I use too many softball float words in that sentence?)

Anyways, Lawlees is not flawless, but I hold what he says now to be solid information.

4 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

Fair point but i he also did take Calgary...so I am still holding out some faith

That's the most shocking part in all of this. He hates Calgary, as do most of the unwashed masses in Saskatchewan. Jealous is what they are. Better city, better province, better football teams, and they all have to come live here because their own stink towns have nothing for them. 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's the most shocking part in all of this. He hates Calgary, as do most of the unwashed masses in Saskatchewan. Jealous is what they are. Better city, better province, better football teams, and they all have to come live here because their own stink towns have nothing for them. 

And Calgary has the Flames. Regina has the Pats which Rod does pbp for. I'm sure he wishes he could work NHL games. So even more jealousy.

I was talking to some friends about a tweet I sent Pederson's way (I thought it was good, so I mentioned it), and one buddy explained to another, "He's like Ed Tait, but for the Riders."

I stared, agape, trying to imagine how anyone could get to that conclusion.  Pederson's behaviour on 1290 this morning only confirmed his elite level jackassery.

11 minutes ago, wpgchris said:

I was talking to some friends about a tweet I sent Pederson's way (I thought it was good, so I mentioned it), and one buddy explained to another, "He's like Ed Tait, but for the Riders."

I stared, agape, trying to imagine how anyone could get to that conclusion.  Pederson's behaviour on 1290 this morning only confirmed his elite level jackassery.

What did that dbag have to say?  I never listen to 1290.

On 8/23/2016 at 3:14 PM, rebusrankin said:

Heard him calling a game against Calgary. Calgary has it at the 2. No call because he and his partner are chatting followed by and Calgary scores a td. No mention of who (Messam) or how (run).

I get that Bob Irving is the best but have heard the crew out of Hamilton and Ottawa to name two and they are light years ahead.

Brian Hall when he covered the Eskimo games did the exact same thing. He`d be spouting off on commericals during the play. Growing up in Wpg I took what Knuckles did for granted - almost always setting the plays pre snap, who`s in motion, who`s covering who. Back in the day home games weren`t televised and that`s the only recourse we had to listen.

But my all time fav Brian Hall call was Milt Stegall`s miracle catch. Hallsy was going on about the Eskimo player of the game, Tony Roma`s ribs, etc. Then out of the blue he says `He`s got it, Stegall, he`s got the ball and is running to endzone and he`s going to score, where`s the flag Morley (color man), there`s gotta be a flag somewhere..............`. I hope Knuckles lasts as long as Vin Scully. 

Edited by KptKrunch

3 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

What did that dbag have to say?  I never listen to 1290.

Oh, the boys wound him up and he was off like a dervish. He was ranting and raving about Orridge (said his nickname across the league was "the Ghost"), and called Lawless a name or something.  It was difficult to keep track, as I'm only conversant in RiderFanboy from 3 years in Sask when I was young.

The guys on 1290 goaded him into it, for sure.  They asked a simple question like, "What's going on in Saskatchewan with all the fines and stuff," and it turned into a diatribe about conspiracies and Orridge and so forth.  You could sort of tell the 1290 guys were doing it on purpose.