OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

19 hours ago, bb1 said:

Nope gotta disagree on this one Huffer would come in from time to time but Clements was the clear no.1

True, the 2 Q system in my mind still has a clear number 1 but use the 2nd guy more often to change things up. I believe it's not done enough in certain scenarios.

On July 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

When has a 2 QB system worked recently?  I mean like guys sharing reps in the same game and not due to injury.  I think the level of preparation now is such that you can't really pull it off unless you have like an aged Dickenson or someone like that who can just step on the field and play.  Unless you find two carbon copies with the same skill sets.

It worked for the TiCats in 2013, well against the Bombers at least. They had Burris as the clear number one but LeFevour who would come in as a change up option. 

8 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Yeah it must've sucked to have Ryan Smith and Weston Dressler in the lineup. Poor Willy. 

If Nicholls strings together multiple good games I will concede the point. IMO its way too soon to quit on Willy and hail Nicholls as a saviour after one game against a bad EDM defense

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Yeah it must've sucked to have Ryan Smith and Weston Dressler in the lineup. Poor Willy. 

You mean the two guys who have been trading being banged up all season? And the same dressler nichols hung out to dry? A side from dressler's first few plays here jace davis out performed him catching the ball and so did harris. Both of whom got very little to no use from nichols. Both those smith and dressler have combined for a ton of drops including atleast 2 bad drops in the end zone. 

Let me put it into perspective. 

bowman is 37/54 on catching for 69% as the biggest dropper in the league on a team thats been tied for the most proliffic passing offense in the league so far this year.

dressler 32/45 71%

smith19/27 70%. 

Jace davis 76%

harris is 30/36 for 83%

darvin adams 36/53 68%

the top 10 wrs in the league by yards not including adams and bowman are 256/297 for 86%. Drew willy completed 72% of his passes (league average of the top 10 passers is 70% with trevor harris 68% with out his incredible efficiency) this year which is very good, but not surprising with our very short possession passing game plan. And yet STILL we have by far the worst wr catch rate in the league. Basically all our pass catchers aside from harris are living in the bowman zone with out the explosive long plays. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

You mean the two guys who have been trading being banged up all season? And the same dressler nichols hung out to dry? A side from dressler's first few plays here jace davis out performed him catching the ball and so did harris. Both of whom got very little to no use from nichols. Both those smith and dressler have combined for a ton of drops including atleast 2 bad drops in the end zone. 

Let me put it into perspective. 

bowman is 37/54 on catching for 69% as the biggest dropper in the league on a team thats been tied for the most proliffic passing offense in the league so far this year.

dressler 32/45 71%

smith19/27 70%. 

Jace davis 76%

harris is 30/36 for 83%

darvin adams 36/53 68%

the top 10 wrs in the league by yards not including adams and bowman are 256/297 for 86%. Drew willy completed 72% of his passes (league average of the top 10 passers is 70% with trevor harris 68% with out his incredible efficiency) this year which is very good, but not surprising with our very short possession passing game plan. And yet STILL we have by far the worst wr catch rate in the league. Basically all our pass catchers aside from harris are living in the bowman zone with out the explosive long plays. 

Still banging the drum for Willy? Unreal. The guy is a dud. A bust.

I think it is safe to say that at this point, Willy is not starting QB material. He might get his mojo back, but history says that it is likely he is done as a starter, at least here . Maybe a ex-QB coach like Austin or Hufnagel might help him, but his glory days here are over.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

I think it is safe to say that at this point, Willy is not starting QB material. He might get his mojo back, but history says that it is likely he is done as a starter, at least here . Maybe a ex-QB coach like Austin or Hufnagel might help him, but his glory days here are over.

That was quite a 5 game run... in July & August of 2014. Memories are made of this.

24 minutes ago, tracker said:

what history is that? Tons of qbs leave teams labeled as done to perform at a high level. Ac, ricky ray, damon allen, etc. Letting go of a guy that age range whose been productive because they under performed in a under performing situation is a good way to re ignite a player. 

43 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

That was quite a 5 game run... in July & August of 2014. Memories are made of this.

Not to quibble too much about that winning run but without Defence and Special Teams - pick sixes and kick returns for TDs - Winnipeg would have lost 3 of those games. Because the Offence didn't score enough points.

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

what history is that? Tons of qbs leave teams labeled as done to perform at a high level. Ac, ricky ray, damon allen, etc. Letting go of a guy that age range whose been productive because they under performed in a under performing situation is a good way to re ignite a player. 

The QBs you cited were performing reasonably well before their numbers slid and the trade came. One five game winning streak after a lackluster career as a backup. does not put Willy in the same league.

12 minutes ago, tracker said:

The QBs you cited were performing reasonably well before their numbers slid and the trade came. One five game winning streak after a lackluster career as a backup. does not put Willy in the same league.

No they werent. Ac was cut by hammer and we along with most teams didnt have interest in him as a back up. Damon allen lost his starting job and despite a long career in bc was let go with few teams interested as well. Ray had a poor 2010 and a solid bounce back in 2011. His trade was more of a surprise but his best production seemed behind him and in good part due to great pieces around him. Those are just situations off the top of my head that prove your point wrong. Buck pierce, casey printers, marcus crandell and more all had the exact opposite of what you claim happen too.

He is in the same league literally. You think a 5 game win streak doesnt put him in the same level as other starters that struggled on under achieving teams and went on to a great deal of success, yet you think one good game against the worst D in the league means Nichols is better? pot meet kettle. 

30 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Not to quibble too much about that winning run but without Defence and Special Teams - pick sixes and kick returns for TDs - Winnipeg would have lost 3 of those games. Because the Offence didn't score enough points.

Odd argument considering medlock would be considered special teams and actually put up 18 of our 30 points vs Edmonton