What Can We Do To Help Our Team Win a Championship?

Guest J5V

Some of the things we have done in the last 26 years to help our team win a championship are: We have been patient, we have bought tickets, we have bought merchandise, we have worshipped, honoured, and cheered for our players, we have built a new stadium, we get loud and try to disrupt opposing offenses, etc. Sadly, for the last 26 years, none of that has worked. What else can we do?

Edited by J5V

On ‎07‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:05 AM, J5V said:

Some of the things we have done in the last 26 years to help our team win a championship are: We have been patient, we have bought tickets, we have bought merchandise, we have worshipped, honoured, and cheered for our players, we have built a new stadium, we get loud and try to disrupt opposing offenses, etc. Sadly, for the last 26 years, none of that has worked. What else can we do?

I think the only relevant thing you mentioned is the noise we bring. But I don't think it's up to us.

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

- Don't hold one regime responsible for a previous one's mistakes

- Don't make knee-jerk reactions because you're angry about a loss

So much this. I get the rage from the fanbase every year that goes by and adds to the drought but unless we bring back a retread from the past that failed already, the new regime doesn't own those failures.

Sure, it's up to them to try to end the drought but I think it's unfair to pin past mistakes on them too.

That having been said, how come no one has asked MOS why we cut Kevin Glenn for Stefan Lefors? I demand answers!

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I think the only relevant thing you mentioned is the noise we bring. But I don't think it's up to us.

Fans don't pay management, players or coaches. Fans don't scout or bring in players. The only things fans can do is voice their displeasure or stop going to games as is what happening now. But fans can't make the team win.

What do you think of the idea of buying some space in the Free Press and posting a letter to the Board expressing our disgust with the current state of affairs and threaten to withdraw our support for the team unless our demands are met? Get as many fans as possible to sign it. Give the Board an ultimatum.

Or, start a petition and get as many fans as possible to sign on to it and present it to the Board?

Or both? I'd definitely spend some coin on something like that.

Edited by J5V

11 minutes ago, J5V said:

What do you think of the idea of buying some space in the Free Press and posting a letter to the Board expressing our disgust with the current state of affairs and threaten to withdraw our support for the team unless our demands are met? Get as many fans as possible to sign it. Give the Board an ultimatum.

Or, start a petition and get as many fans as possible to sign on to it and present it to the Board?

the "open letter" in the FP would be really interesting, actually.....if, say, it was "On Behalf of MBB" and Rich/Mike got to have final editorial approval...

58 minutes ago, J5V said:

They already know that fans are unhappy and their support is waning. All they have to do is look around the stadium on gameday and listen to the fans booing their own team. They know the fans are pissed, never question that. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

They already know that fans are unhappy and their support is waning. All they have to do is look around the stadium on gameday and listen to the fans booing their own team. They know the fans are pissed, never question that. 

Okay but do they care? Maybe they have gone 26 years without really caring about the fans and maybe they think they can go another 26 years. The new stadium is bringing in revenue from multiple venues now. They are flush with cash from the Grey Cup. Where is the incentive for them to produce a winner? I'm getting the impression that unless we demand they do something different they'll just keep hiring rookies and cheap help.

Do we have any empirical proof that the Bombers hired on the cheap with Walters and O'Shea? I rather doubt it, and I would also bet that Hufnagel,  Maas and Campbell did not sign as HC's for king's ransoms either. They may be entitled to raises in time once they have proven themselves, but everyone has to start somewhere. Bad hires are bad hires and a lot of big corporations, including IBM have hired turkeys.