What Can We Do To Help Our Team Win a Championship?

Guest J5V

2 hours ago, Nash00 said:

So much this. I get the rage from the fanbase every year that goes by and adds to the drought but unless we bring back a retread from the past that failed already, the new regime doesn't own those failures.

What do you call Lapo? Or do we have to wait until he is made HC before complaining about re-treads?

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

what can we do as fans? the wave.  At the edmonton game we were winning,  then in the south west corner the wave broke out only to be stopped dead on both sides of the field around the 50 yard line after like 6 attempts.  then we started losing... coincidence?

No.

57 minutes ago, J5V said:

Okay but do they care? Maybe they have gone 26 years without really caring about the fans and maybe they think they can go another 26 years. The new stadium is bringing in revenue from multiple venues now. They are flush with cash from the Grey Cup. Where is the incentive for them to produce a winner? I'm getting the impression that unless we demand they do something different they'll just keep hiring rookies and cheap help.

Of course they care. That's why we average a new coach every two or three years. They aren't intentionally making poor hires. They believe they are making the correct choices

Edited by 17to85

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Of course they care. That's why we average a new coach every two or three years. They aren't intentionally making poor hires. They believe they are making the correct choices

How many coaches has MOS fired from his staff?

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

They'll make Lapo the interim this year and coach for 2017. Then a new reject in 2018 with Walters gone by 2018 and a McMannus as GM. Burris as QB in 2017 but he'll get hurt and then Durant in 2018.

Do I detect a note of sarcasm here?

22 minutes ago, tracker said:

Do I detect a note of sarcasm here?

Nope.

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Walters has 1 year left on his contract so he is probably done at the end of 2017 barring a significant turnaround.

How did he get an extension for 2017? Miller is an idiot. Hey, you're 12 and 24 so we'll give you another year. Its not my $.

13 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

What do you call Lapo? Or do we have to wait until he is made HC before complaining about re-treads?

If Lapo is head coach by the end of the year we get to bring up all of his past failures, as well as blame him for Trump.

After listening to that Lawless piece today I am more comvinced than ever that Miller, Walters, and O'Shea don't give a rat's ass about us fans. I can hear the conversation now ...

O'Shea: "Oh crap. Everyone's caught on to the fact that I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not fooling anyone. They want me fired".

Walters:  "The fans are booing the players. They've had enough and expect change. They're angry and want to see heads roll. What are we gonna do?". 

Miller: "**** the fans! They're not running this football club. I am! You guys aren't going anywhere". 

O'Shea: "But what am I going to do when they start booing me? I can't just keep smirking".

Miller: "Nah. They're booing Willy. We'll sit him and give Nichols some playing time. Don't worry, it won't be long and the fans will be begging for Willy again. You can put him back in and that'll shut the fans up. Easy-peasy".

O'Shea and Walters: "Thank you, Wade. Thank you. Oh thank you so much. Here, have another slice of pizza". 

Edited by J5V