Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ddanger

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ddanger

  1. I totally agree that our scouting department seems to be lacking compared to other teams. Look at all the injuries in Calgary, and they just keep rolling. Imagine if we lost 2 Canadian o'linemen?? And they didn't miss a beat.
  2. Surprised about the quarterback. Given our depth at the position I'd expected he would stay. We now have 2 on the 6 game list so their contracts don't count against the cap, so we certainly have room there. Maybe they told him not to leave town.
  3. When my son played for the Rifles a few years ago he pulled his hamstring, and missed 3 games ( and they had a bye week ). But really, his hamstring wasn't the same until well into the off-season. A serious hamstring could easily be 6 weeks.
  4. That's exactly what you don't want to say to a QB starting his first game of the season. Or any game for that matter. I wouldn't actually tell him that but... I would certainly be thinking it. He's gotta know it's time to **** or get off the pot anyways. I mean, Nichols was brought in, Davis is getting some reps too... Brohm has got to know that his time is coming to an end.Of course he knows this. I expect the pressure, both internal and external on Brohm this week will be huge. I'm sure he knows his career as a professional football player hangs in the balance. I really struggle to understand why we kept him ( and to a lesser extent Marve ) into this season. One or both of them should've been released prior to camp.
  5. I like your comment "Drew Willy light". The next part about Canadian water boys is offensive to anyone who has ever had a child play football and dream of the CFL.
  6. What happened to him??
  7. i am not writing off the season nor am I am troll as someone suggested. However, I am concerned about where this team and this season is heading. The purpose of this post was more of a 'what if' scenario because the Grey Cup is in our back yard and I belieleve tha twhile they made big moves (picking up Stanley Bryant, Picard and re-upping Willy) that was done with a 'rebuild' in mind. How much different would this team had looked if they had gone into the offseason with a 'let's get a cup this season' and rebuild after. I know people on here like to be pragmatic and are very rational but on this bye-week with no game to talk about I thought why not pose this question. Thanks to those who have taken this post it in the good nature it was intended. Signing Picard for 200k and Bryant to a lesser extent are not rebuilding moves. Picard would be lucky if he could make it through this season, he's done. He's not going to be playing in a couple years for sure. How is that a "rebuilding" move? Just does not make sense. Picard is a perfect example of Walters going all in for the Grey Cup and all in on improving our o'line. I doubt he's here next year, I think he's done.
  8. Doesn't hurt to look at the guy, we're paying him $500/week so that won't kill us either. And it may serve as a reminder to all the other guys to not get complacent.
  9. And I feel bad for Daniels, hopefully he can recover to play for us next year. We all need to realize and appreciate the injuries that these young men incur playing this game, and the long term affects that these injuries have on these young men.
  10. Tracker I musta missed something here....is there a rumour going around that he was hung over?? I saw them putting a cold towel over his head a few times, I'm assuming he was having trouble with the heat, which was, as we all know, outrageous at game time. A friend of mine does security there and was on the field, he said that it was much hotter on the field than in the stands. I have a seriously hard time believing that he was hung over. If you read back a page or two, the poster who said that in the gameday thread indicated that he posted that report as humour. Okay good thanks.
  11. Tracker I musta missed something here....is there a rumour going around that he was hung over?? I saw them putting a cold towel over his head a few times, I'm assuming he was having trouble with the heat, which was, as we all know, outrageous at game time. A friend of mine does security there and was on the field, he said that it was much hotter on the field than in the stands. I have a seriously hard time believing that he was hung over.
  12. Oh and a house-cleaning?? Didn't we do that this year and replace upwards of 20 guys?? Doing it again this upcoming off-season just slows us down IMO.
  13. I've been told by someone who coaches football that it was a read option play, and that Marve did make the wrong read. But still.....why a shotgun snap play that has us starting so far behind the line?? That's more wrong than anything Marve did. We've all seen that shotgun play on third and short described on TV as the wrong call, because you've made it third and medium instead.
  14. Very much agree with this article. Those 2 long-range field goals were fantastic, live those were the longest I've ever seen. Punting was great to except for the one many of us focus on. Didn't the one coffin-corner result in a safety?? Bass is turning into a great find, and currently needs to be considered in rookie of the year discussions. We can't completely change our offensive schemes at this point, so I agree we are stuck with our OC. But if things don't change, he needs to be dismissed at the end of the season. We know teams are going to blitz us, deal with it. So many people blame the o'line, but when they blitz with 7 against our 5 guys, what are they supposed to do??
  15. A couple of thoughts on this.........If MOS announces that Brohm is playing, the stadium will be littered with empty seats. Marve is short on experience and playing time, but it's time to see what, if anything, he can do. Also, the crowd will be there if it's announced that he's playing. I also agree with a number of the posts regarding the OC position. We need a new one. We did nothing to counter the repeated blitzes and odd man rushes Hamilton ran against us, and we lost our most valuable player as a consequence. That's all on the OC. Trouble is.....at this point in the season throwing away the play book and starting over is not an option either.
  16. Nothing I like better than to see a team grind out the clock with power running. There was some discussion on 1290 today regarding our running game, and the need to get Marshall and Cotton more touches. It's not good enough for our two running backs to have a combined total of 10 carries in a game. Got to be more than that.
  17. Wild would be a sudden, and very dramatic improvement over what we have now in the middle. Let's get him back if we can!
  18. The coaching staff must feel that Davis is not ready yet, and that an injured Marve is a better option. Hard to imagine that Marve could get hurt in practice but I guess it happens. If Willy is out on Thursday oh boy we're done.
  19. It was shocking when the team folded like a cheap tent when Willy got hurt. Clearly the whole team has no confidence with Brohm, and that message must have been received by the coaching staff. Edmonton beat us with their third string quarterback. Third string!!Ours sat on the bench as the game got away on us. Sad.
  20. Well the ebb and flow of the game is well underway. I do like how the coach stays calm amidst the chaos. Looks to me like this game might go right down to the final few minutes of the 4th quarter.
  21. I don't think it will be a beat down, and really we do have a golden opportunity here even if it's on the road. I'm expecting a close game, and, like a few others have posted, it might be nice if Mr. Hall blitzes repeatedly to start the game. Lets set the tone early and push them around!!
  22. Wasn't Picard released over salary cap issues??
  23. I'm nervous for Willy, I hope he gets through the game okay. If the medical doctor says he's good to go, then he's good. That being said, I'm not sure he should get another conk on his noggin. We can't be over confident because they have some injuries, but we should come out fired up to prove last week was an anomaly. A perfect result is Drew Willy ending the game healthy and our team winning.
  24. I agree there seems to be a penalty on almost every play. Far too many penalties. Perhaps there will be an adjustment to the new rules, but I recall last year seemed like too many penalties as well. Lots of times I think we need to let the boys play.....
  25. I think, no I know, that the bottom line is we seriously sucked against a very strong team. We had no answers for their early blitzes that took our starting QB out, and we didn't have any ability to fight back against a team that was on cruise control for the entire second half. Stats are fine and I'm glad to see we are doing well in a couple of categories, but we need to play way better if we are going to accumulate any points, which is ultimately the only stat that matters.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.