Depressing Thought

Well for the most part, yes it is just baseless doom and gloom, Every one always talks about how the real games don't start until after labour day, last year we started what? 5-1 and finished 7-11? This year we are 2-3. Parity across the league, stay near .500 until labour day and we will see what happens. I don't get the gloom and doom posts after every loss.. Honestly, last night's loss was predictable, we haven't won in Edmonton since 2006, Last weeks loss hurts more cuz it was our own mistakes that did us in, last night, the game was close for a long time, Willy got hurt and yeah that sucks and i hope to god the coaches get their heads out of their ass and don't go with Brohm who has shown absolutely nothing but... we imploded really.  It happens.

Honestly, if someone said after the first 5 weeks we'd be 2-3, wouldn't most people take it? I mean really.. sask,montreal,hamilton,calgary, edmonton. 

We beat the teams we are supposed to beat, guess we aren't quite in the other 3's class yet... It is what it is really. The doom and gloom after every loss tho is really depressing. Cuz honestly it's the same thing after every loss, yeah it sucks we lost, we all get it, we lost.. it sucked, brohm sucked but... what can you do really.. it really is just 1 game in a long season. Move on and just forget about it. Take the good and burn the tape really. 

Honestly, Not gonna BS people here, If i was the coaches, i'd cut Brohm right now, he just doesn't have it, has shown nothing and yeah it will suck if they go to him again and again and again and again... for sure but... it's not my ass on the line really. I'm just a fan, i will continue to be one, not gonna gloss over their mistakes and shortcomings but.. not gonna constantly crap on them and pretend the season is over because we are 2-3 after 5 weeks. 

The real point is that it is not the loss, but how it came about. We have played 5 games and in three of them the team looked incompetent, being humiliated in two of these. To beat an old drum, losses are inevitable but being routed is not. The fourth quarter last night was unacceptable for a team whioh is trying to establish an identity as a contender.

Those 2 "blow out" losses, our starting QB got hurt and it's quite apparent and obvious that the team or the players at least have zero faith in brohm to get the job done. Why they keep going to him is beyond me, but... that is the common thing there.. Willy gets hurt, the game is close, Brohm comes in, the team falls apart.. they have no faith in him, happened vs hamilton too, was looking like that Hamilton game was gonna be a who has the ball last is gonna win type of game but then willy got hurt and we imploded.. I dunno what's the deal there with the team folding when willy gets hurt.. I probably don't even think folding is the right word to use, ii just think Brohm is so bad that the O can't do a damn thing and it hurts the entire team, Last night it was what? 4-3 when willy got hurt? Close game, Brohm comes in and a couple minutes later it's over pretty much. 

Those 2 "blow out" losses, our starting QB got hurt and it's quite apparent and obvious that the team or the players at least have zero faith in brohm to get the job done. Why they keep going to him is beyond me, but... that is the common thing there.. Willy gets hurt, the game is close, Brohm comes in, the team falls apart.. they have no faith in him, happened vs hamilton too, was looking like that Hamilton game was gonna be a who has the ball last is gonna win type of game but then willy got hurt and we imploded.. I dunno what's the deal there with the team folding when willy gets hurt.. I probably don't even think folding is the right word to use, ii just think Brohm is so bad that the O can't do a damn thing and it hurts the entire team, Last night it was what? 4-3 when willy got hurt? Close game, Brohm comes in and a couple minutes later it's over pretty much.

Swap Brohm for Marve, it's not counter intuitive ... ;)

I'll be honest, I'd like to see what MARVE can do cuz i know what BROHM can't do... hopefully the coaches have seen enough of Brohm or management steps in and tells them to play MARVE.. Honestly, Brohm is awful and i'm not sure what they see in him. I will say tho, a friend of mine was at practice this past week and it was just one day but... he did say Marve took no reps, Davis got more reps really.. Marve got none. I don't think theres any conspiracy here and i think if Marve was healthy, well, i'd hope they would play him. Just because Like i said, Brohm can't get the job done. 

Worse yet, even though they lost against Toronto, the Lions look like they would have little trouble beating the Bombers, so there ain't no easy two points there, either. O'Shea and company are going to have to pull off a small miracle to win, even with Willy back in, which seems likely.

If they keep losing either way,  close ones, or beat downs,  people will get beyond being aggravated, and just lose interest.

right or wrong , watching them "playing well", but Losing by one or two or three doesn't excite me very much. Specially after last season. Just tired of it.

It was shocking when the team folded like a cheap tent when Willy got hurt. Clearly the whole team has no confidence with Brohm, and that message must have been received by the coaching staff. Edmonton beat us with their third string quarterback. Third string!!Ours sat on the bench as the game got away on us. Sad.

It's 5 weeks in and we are 2-3. Need to step back from the ledge

You keep saying that like it's supposed to mean something. Like I said, 2-4, 2-5, 2-6, 2-7 etc. Fans are losing hope. We suck.

yea but bomber fans are insanely fickle.. one loss in and we had freakouts for cryin out loud.

Bomber fans are fickle?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Fans have supported the Bombers through thick and thin and theirs been tons of thin over the last quarter century.

2014 - 7-11

2013 - 3-15

2012 - 6-12

2011 - 10-8

2010 - 4-14

2009 - 7-11

2008 - 8-10

That's 1 winning season in the last 7 and we're losing this season too.  The fact that we still have 20,000+ fans going to home games shows very supportive fans indeed, not fickle ones.

Bomber fans are fickle?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Fans have supported the Bombers through thick and thin and theirs been tons of thin over the last quarter century.

2014 - 7-11

2013 - 3-15

2012 - 6-12

2011 - 10-8

2010 - 4-14

2009 - 7-11

2008 - 8-10

That's 1 winning season in the last 7 and we're losing this season too.  The fact that we still have 20,000+ fans going to home games shows very supportive fans indeed, not fickle ones.

I think SPuDS is talking about the mercurial nature of Bomber fans .. one week they are high as a kite after a win .. team can do no wrong .. offense, defense and special teams look amazing (regardless as to how they actually played) .. the next, after a loss, we want to fire everyone and burn the whole thing to the ground.

There are few people who see the middle ground.

2014 - 7-11

2013 - 3-15

2012 - 6-12

2011 - 10-8

2010 - 4-14

2009 - 7-11

2008 - 8-10

Wade Miller's assignment could not be any clearer.  The phrase "build it and they will come" has never been more apt but in this case it refers to building a winning football team not a new stadium.

There are fans who love to win and hate to lose?  Yup, pretty much everywhere in sports.

Some fans get too high after a win because we're starved for wins and we don't get enough practice in reacting to them. Some fans get too low after losses because we've seen way too many losses around these parts and there is a sinking feeling that we're going to see more.  These things aren't unique to Bomber fans.  The same thing can be said about any group of fans, especially fans of teams who haven't done well for a while.

What SPUDS is suggesting is that by being more middle ground about how the Bombers are doing is that he's some how a better fan. At least my take. I can't imagine anything more insulting or inaccurate than calling Bomber fans fickle. Imagine how bad attendance would be for this club if it were in Toronto, Hamilton, Montreal, or Calgary? Vancouver? Hell even the ***. 

If Spuds has any integrity he should retract his comment and apologize.

What SPUDS is suggesting is that by being more middle ground about how the Bombers are doing is that he's some how a better fan. At least my take. I can't imagine anything more insulting or inaccurate than calling Bomber fans fickle. Imagine how bad attendance would be for this club if it were in Toronto, Hamilton, Montreal, or Calgary? Vancouver? Hell even the ***. 

If Spuds has any integrity he should retract his comment and apologize.

It's not about being a better fan it's about being a more rational human being. I mean if you want to fly off the handle over a loss then go nuts but don't expect to be taken seriously when you do it. 

I'm depressed that our running game is losing traction. Cotton is regressing as the season goes on.

I think it's time to forget the 'thunder and lightning' combo and maybe use 2 'thunder' combo (bigger backs) of Marshall and Scott instead?