Everything posted by BBlink
-
Bombers sign kicker Brett Maher
Had? Edit: I'm sure the Bombers are still high on Liram. They would much rather have two NIs (or one) doing the kicking than an american. Basically Maher is going to have to be GREAT if he's going to be the guy.
-
Drjaffery13
If we're going to be punting a lot again, we may as well have someone who can do the job well.
-
More Bomber transactions...
Wasn't Antonio Robinson one that was showing well the first day?
-
Bob Wylie to be new O-Line coach - Confirmed
Definitely what our young o-line guys need to reach the next level. Here's to hoping they can.
-
BC Lions release Joey Elliot
Hall has proven much more to me than Elliott, and I actually liked Elliott when he was here more than most.
-
Eskimos release Alexander (Now Signed with the Bombers)
We'll probably be playing an NI safety AND wide side corner in some packages.
-
Matt Nichols recently offered to Bombers
Nichols is one guy I wouldn't mind here, not over Willy, but in addition to Willy. Two young guys pushing each other for the starting QB position.
-
Robert McCune Bomber bound?
Would love another physically dominating MLB. Teams would fear the middle of the field a little bit more. Nothing wrong with that.
-
RedBlacks Mascot
I feel like somebody could easily photoshop Henry Burris' face onto this.
-
A Look at Bombers RB/Receivers
Thanks for the rundown. When we are all starving for Bomber info, this fills the need.
-
New Bomber/CFL Blog I'm Working On
Cool. I would change the background on that page though. It's super distracting/hard on the eyes.
-
Redblacks getting some offers for Glenn
I'm not against trading marginal overpaid players.
-
Free Agency - 2014...
I'm still sour about that Boltus episode too... We'll have to hope that was just a blip of an error in judgment.
-
Diamond Ferri cut by Saskatchewan
Can't believe I forgot about Terrell Parker... I'm actually very happy with him as long as he stays healthy.
-
Diamond Ferri cut by Saskatchewan
There's this thing called training camp to sort this kinda stuff out, ya kno? My point is, MLB is pretty important in a defense. I'm wondering if anybody here is familiar with some of the new guys we've signed enough to say that they have a shot at taking that spot, or if we need to be looking at free agent or trade possibilities. Or, maybe I'm out to lunch about how CFL-ready a middle linebacker needs to be.
-
Diamond Ferri cut by Saskatchewan
Still waiting for an answer at MLB. I don't know if Ferri was the answer, but who is? Generally it's the "QB" of the defense, and we don't have an established starter there.
-
Jade Etienne & Brandon Stewart
Jade really didn't show much at all. I wouldn't have been bothered if we had given him another shot to prove himself, but up until now he has proven nothing except that he has decent hands, and if someone forgets to cover him, he can get open. He was a liability on special teams too (big problem).
-
Could Halifax finally get a stadium and team ?
There is definitely a contingent that wants CFL in the city, but I think there's a much bigger contingent that hasn't had it for so long that they've convinced themselves that the CFL is a bush league, and the NFL is so great blah blah.
-
Could Halifax finally get a stadium and team ?
Exactly. No one has ever even expressed mild interest in owning a CFL team. The Maritimes are a wasteland of failed AHL teams... No other pro sports have ever been there. That's not entirely true. The Ice Caps are extremely successful in St Johns. But will probably move simply due to logistics of travel. But it's a very successful profitable team. Not to split hairs but NL is not considered a Maritime province ... #TheMoreYouKnow In the strictest sense of the word "maritime", Manitoba is considered a maritime province.
-
Miles or Marshall...
Kind of like Tim Burke's defense of the last two years? I'm sure opposing teams were shaking in their boots. Let's be honest with each other, there is a lot more than the coach that goes into how a defense performs. I'm thinking if we are going to make any noise this year, it is going to be because Mr. Walters finds us a couple nice free agents. Overall, the players are going to make more of a difference than the coach. Just my opinion.
-
Miles or Marshall...
I think I have more respect for Greg Marshall than most do here. IIRC he came over after the dreadful 2005 season and brought our defense back to respectability.
-
Mulumba
I think that is based on Walters' draft strategy. Mack tended to try to find ratio-breakers. Walters would be more of a sure thing kind of guy, going with Mitchell most likely.
-
Kavis Reed as Bombers new Defensive Coordinator?
I would take him as DC
-
Who do the Bombers protect?
*edit*?
-
Bombers airlift begins
Pretty sure our team signs these guys telling them they could go if they have an opportunity. Otherwise some of these guys may not even give it a shot.